Carty

Flames @ Ducks 8:30pm Nov 7

214 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Was Lack the starter?

Never.

Carolina management was a mess, one of the reasons BP walked.

In CGY, BT has made the decision not to upgrade nets.

BP has been given the impression that nothing else is coming to help.

His goalie coach tells him SMith is looking good in the work they are doing.

He's not going to publically trash the starter.

BT would not appreciate it.

Smith would fold his arms and take his toys and go pout.

The internal discussion is different.  Closed door meetings.  Dressing room. 

There was a rumor that Smith was complaining about defensive coverage, to which Neal took exception and called him out for not making saves.

Don't know how true that is, but it's making the rounds.

If it's not true, then the players are thinking it.

Sure, we can help out by being less scrambly, but we need you to make saves when there is a clean look, or occasionally save our bacon when we f up.Not too much to ask is it?    

Why is smith any different than the other players whom he publicly holds accountable. I don’t think you have to throw the goalie under all wheels under the bus, but it’s getting to that time where he needs a comment. Nearly Two months to come around as a starter is too much. Time to put him in his place to wake him up. Maybe Smith needs it to wake up. Coddling hasn’t worked. Maybe if he is injured then it’ll make him realize he is doing more harm than good.

I think it was you that i remember a week or so you quoted him saying he felt his game was ok. He’s out to lunch and needs to be brought back to work.

Just now, robrob74 said:

Why is smith any different than the other players whom he publicly holds accountable. I don’t think you have to throw the goalie under all wheels under the bus, but it’s getting to that time where he needs a comment. Nearly Two months to come around as a starter is too much. Time to put him in his place to wake him up. Maybe Smith needs it to wake up. Coddling hasn’t worked. Maybe if he is injured then it’ll make him realize he is doing more harm than good.

I think it was you that i remember a week or so you quoted him saying he felt his game was ok. He’s out to lunch and needs to be brought back to work.

What he also said was that they can't evaluate goalies until they clean up the play in front.

He still seems to believe the team is a work in progress.

Goalies are a different breed of player.

Asking a guy to stand in fron of a 100 mph shot, or do the splits and then play a rebound.

Really it's a young man's game.

I said elsewhere (I think) that the team knows exactly what the problems are.  There's no mystery.  You don't need to air your dirty laundry in public.  Point to the few miscues is fine, as the players know what they did.  They also know it's not all on them.  Pick on the goalie and you have nobody to pick up the mental pieces.

I dunno, smith seems to point to the players when they’re at fault, just saying a timely save and it’s at the worst a tied game instead of pulling the goalie in the last minute. 

Carlyle would do it , haha

36 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I dunno, smith seems to point to the players when they’re at fault, just saying a timely save and it’s at the worst a tied game instead of pulling the goalie in the last minute. 

Carlyle would do it , haha

Torts would probably tie him to the back of the bus, then back over him repeatedly.

There's no question in my mind who lost the game.  It was all on Smith.

3 relatively easy saves and he makes zero.

The Getzaf one was especially bad.  All he had to do was hug the post and Getz would have had only one choice.

The first one was as easy to stop as Monahan's or Lindholm's chances.

The 2nd one was a big fat juicy rebound and Smith having no idea what was happening.

I'm not even talking about the saves where the puck was playable and Smith was lost in La La Land.

Generally Smith is a one save player.  He's mostly good on the first shot.

Last night was not an example of that.

Bit of a rumor, but this guys been a reputable  source in the past.

His whole career its seems like he's had a hard time accepting that his poor play has lead to losses. If true, good on neal, someone had to say it.

6 hours ago, Fins&FIre15 said:

Bit of a rumor, but this guys been a reputable  source in the past.

His whole career its seems like he's had a hard time accepting that his poor play has lead to losses. If true, good on neal, someone had to say it.

That "source" on the hot rumour is just an asshat ranter on reddit named "Adragon23"...   ZERO credibility...   Scroll down and read some his other rants like complaining about Israel and using a link to another bloggers rant as his "evidence"...   :lol:   You need to find some better "reputable sources"   :ph34r:

18 hours ago, Carty said:

That "source" on the hot rumour is just an asshat ranter on reddit named "Adragon23"...   ZERO credibility...   Scroll down and read some his other rants like complaining about Israel and using a link to another bloggers rant as his "evidence"...   :lol:   You need to find some better "reputable sources"   :ph34r:

The fact of the matter is that he has predicted flames news in the past, and has been right. That's more than zero credibility,

And you act like I took his word as gospel, when I was casually passing it along in case it interested anyone.

The C of Reddit is a better and faster way to get flames news than this forum, you may not like it, but its just how it is.

No need to aimlessly denounce it as witchcraft like they did back your day, eh carty? ;):P

Point taken though, I'll refrain from sharing these kinds of rumors in the future. :)

1 person likes this

49 minutes ago, Fins&FIre15 said:

The fact of the matter is that he has predicted flames news in the past, and has been right. That's more than zero credibility,

And you act like I took his word as gospel, when I was casually passing it along in case it interested anyone.

The C of Reddit is a better and faster way to get flames news than this forum, you may not like it, but its just how it is.

No need to aimlessly denounce it as witchcraft like they did back your day, eh carty? ;):P

Point taken though, I'll refrain from sharing these kinds of rumors in the future. :)

Fin, it's all good.  We frequently provide rumors from Eklund, so that's as questionable as anywhere else.  

The unfortunate truth about this type of rumor is that it's somewhere between 0 and 100% accurate.

If players haven't said this outloud, then they are thinking it.

Funny that the timing is after the Uber-gate video came out.

4 hours ago, Fins&FIre15 said:

I'll stick with ZERO credibility...   As I said, he's just a reddit ranter...   I read through a couple of things he has written for a laugh, he's chock full of Satoshi...   and that is the fact of the matter...

Of course you can get get your "news" from wherever you choose...    Including from Adragon23 or even that other guy on reddit, CaptainUnderpants15...   But then it needs to be presented as just an "unsubstantiated rumor", because it is nothing more than that...   "Fake News" is a real problem, and a major factor for why the world going to Satoshi...

Maybe there is some truth to "the rumor", and maybe there isn't...   We will probably never know...   But without an actual credible source to quote, it's just bullSatoshi...   You might not like it, but that's just how it is.

"aimlessly denounce" and witchcraft"?...   :lol:   More like you were the one participating in a witch hunt by spreading rumors and trying to present a rumor as fact because some random guy named Adragon23 said he "just heard it" ...   That is exactly how many innocent people were burned at the stake and otherwise executed in the 17th century...   ^_^

Back in "my day". news had a lot more integrity and credibility...   Now most of it is bullSatoshi, even a lot of MSM news is far more influenced by politics than facts...   Some surveys are saying that about 60% of people get their news from social media which doesn't have any credibility or accountability. and people should be smart enough to realize that...

As travel_dude said, it's all good...   Eklund makes a pretty good living speculating and spreading rumors, but we all take whatever he says with a big grain of salt because we know he's full of Satoshi...   Once in a while he gets one right, but even a broken clock is right twice a day, which is a lot more often than Eklund...   :lol:

There is nothing wrong with sharing a rumor, but it should always be called just that...   Just a rumor from an unaccredited source, with no basis on fact...   :)

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Carty said:

I'll stick with ZERO credibility...   As I said, he's just a reddit ranter...   I read through a couple of things he has written for a laugh, he's chock full of Satoshi...   and that is the fact of the matter...

Of course you can get get your "news" from wherever you choose...    Including from Adragon23 or even that other guy on reddit, CaptainUnderpants15...   But then it needs to be presented as just an "unsubstantiated rumor", because it is nothing more than that...   "Fake News" is a real problem, and a major factor for why the world going to Satoshi...

Maybe there is some truth to "the rumor", and maybe there isn't...   We will probably never know...   But without an actual credible source to quote, it's just bullSatoshi...   You might not like it, but that's just how it is.

"aimlessly denounce" and witchcraft"?...   :lol:   More like you were the one participating in a witch hunt by spreading rumors and trying to present a rumor as fact because some random guy named Adragon23 said he "just heard it" ...   That is exactly how many innocent people were burned at the stake and otherwise executed in the 17th century...   ^_^

Back in "my day". news had a lot more integrity and credibility...   Now most of it is bullSatoshi, even a lot of MSM news is far more influenced by politics than facts...   Some surveys are saying that about 60% of people get their news from social media which doesn't have any credibility or accountability. and people should be smart enough to realize that...

As travel_dude said, it's all good...   Eklund makes a pretty good living speculating and spreading rumors, but we all take whatever he says with a big grain of salt because we know he's full of Satoshi...   Once in a while he gets one right, but even a broken clock is right twice a day, which is a lot more often than Eklund...   :lol:

There is nothing wrong with sharing a rumor, but it should always be called just that...   Just a rumor from an unaccredited source, with no basis on fact...   :)

TBH, I didn't bother to read this. The fact that you had so much to say over something this silly tells me about your level of insecurity :lol:

10 hours ago, Fins&FIre15 said:

TBH, I didn't bother to read this. The fact that you had so much to say over something this silly tells me about your level of insecurity :lol:

You were the one quoting a rumor from a wannabe on reddit named Adragon23 and trying to say it was from a credible source, so you can just take your bullSatoshi and shove it up your blowhole Sharks troll...   :lol:

7 hours ago, Carty said:

You were the one quoting a rumor from a wannabe on reddit named Adragon23 and trying to say it was from a credible source, so you can just take your bullSatoshi and shove it up your blowhole Sharks troll...   :lol:

Resorting to name calling...just stop dude, you're making yourself look like a fool.

I'm going to move on from this as there's nothing more to say on the matter.

I sincerely hope you have a good day Carty.

1 person likes this

50 minutes ago, Fins&FIre15 said:

Resorting to name calling...just stop dude, you're making yourself look like a fool.

You were the one that started with the insults, and you did it again there...   I originally just pointed out the fact Adragon23 in not a credible source...

On 11/9/2018 at 1:33 PM, Fins&FIre15 said:

Good plan...

52 minutes ago, Fins&FIre15 said:

I'm going to move on from this as there's nothing more to say on the matter.

Another good plan...