The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ Sharks 7pm Nov 11

So, 2 changes to the lineup tonight, after a gritty win.

Stone in, Ras out.  WTF?

Smith in, Rittich out.

Did I miss something?  Ras played less minutes than others, and was composed throughout the game.

41 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Stone in, Ras out.  WTF?

Smith in, Rittich out.

Hopefully it's just a Trojan horse maneuver...   and Ras  and Rittich are both in tonight...

Both of those moves would be boneheaded lineup changes unless there were injuries we don't know about...

3 minutes ago, Carty said:

Hopefully it's just a Trojan horse maneuver...   and Ras  and Rittich are both in tonight...

Both of those moves would be boneheaded lineup changes unless there were injuries we don't know about...

Ward says the B2B is the reason for both changes.

Could be smoke.

17 minutes ago, Fins&FIre15 said:

Smith is going to get lit up tonight. San jose's whole game plan is to go low to high and generate from the defense. He plays way too deep in his net.

As a fan of two teams playing tonight, you have a difficult decision to make.  Do you come on here and cheer for the Flames or for the Sharks?  

It's a free country, but this is a Flames Fan site, so don't be a troll.

It's a fine line.  Others may not be respectful of criticism.

57 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Stone in, Ras out.  WTF?

Smith in, Rittich out.

Did I miss something?  Ras played less minutes than others, and was composed throughout the game.

Ras was quiet last night. He had a few good plays. Hanifin seem d to have a couple more mistakes. 

Maybe stone does need some ice time? You’d think Ras would be the most rested of the D that played last night.

Maybe he feels Ras needs a sit to get that hunger back? I dunno.

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

Ras was quiet last night. He had a few good plays. Hanifin seem d to have a couple more mistakes. 

Maybe stone does need some ice time? You’d think Ras would be the most rested of the D that played last night.

Maybe he feels Ras needs a sit to get that hunger back? I dunno.

I counted at least one mstake per d-man.  I don't think any of them were costly. 

A bad pass by Ras, Brodie, Gio, Hamonic, Val and Hanifin?

Running around in our zone by every pair.

Fact of the matter is that the team went 5-1-1 since he last played (vs PITTS).

Give the guy a night off.  Okay, no problem.

Anything else is garbage.  

38 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

As a fan of two teams playing tonight, you have a difficult decision to make.  Do you come on here and cheer for the Flames or for the Sharks?  

It's a free country, but this is a Flames Fan site, so don't be a troll.

It's a fine line.  Others may not be respectful of criticism.

My bad, I didn't mean it like "EFF YEAH GO SHARKS, FLAMES SUUUUUUCK." Of course the way I phrased it was completely one sided, so I understand how someone would think that. I apologize.

Just looking at it from an objective stand-point, and smiths recent track record. I always try and be respectful to this forum when these 2 teams meet up.

I'm not a troll, and honestly one of the most respectful users on the site. I know I share a dual allegiance, but I usually lean on the flames side with these games.

I don't even have an account the on the sharks forums, as I prefer to talk hockey with you lot instead :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fins&FIre15 said:

My bad, I didn't mean it like "EFF YEAH GO SHARKS, FLAMES SUUUUUUCK." Of course the way I phrased it was completely one sided, so I understand how someone would think that. I apologize.

Just looking at it from an objective stand-point, and smiths recent track record. I always try and be respectful to this forum when these 2 teams meet up.

I'm not a troll, and honestly one of the most respectful users on the site. I know I share a dual allegiance, but I usually lean on the flames side with these games.

I don't even have an account the on the sharks forums, as I prefer to talk hockey with you lot instead :ph34r:

Don't mind TD too much.. Mac has him tied up tighter than a Karash Double Loop Knot... :lol: He is a bit sensitive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtyDeeds said:

Don't mind TD too much.. Mac has him tied up tighter than a Karash Double Loop Knot... :lol: He is a bit sensitive.

Not at all.  Trying to keep the peace here.

I know there has been some recent outlash at posters with the names of other teams in their screen names.

Fin probably remembers being roasted for an opinion in a GDT some time ago.

Recently, he's had some negative banter with someone else here, and I just want to make sure he understands the nature of it.

2 hours ago, Fins&FIre15 said:

Hey Fin, just offering some advice.  I know you aren;t a troll.  Keep up the good work.  Love to hear the perspective from others.  People can get a little testy here in the GDT's so just being helpful.

43 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Not at all.  Trying to keep the peace here.

I know there has been some recent outlash at posters with the names of other teams in their screen names.

Fin probably remembers being roasted for an opinion in a GDT some time ago.

Recently, he's had some negative banter with someone else here, and I just want to make sure he understands the nature of it.

Hey Fin, just offering some advice.  I know you aren;t a troll.  Keep up the good work.  Love to hear the perspective from others.  People can get a little testy here in the GDT's so just being helpful.

Appreciate it.

I also can't recall the incident you're talking about, but I do tend to have strong opinions, so that's probably true. Having said that, I try not to attack or go after anyone who shares a different point of view, as I don't really harbor bad feelings towards anyone here.

As for the negative banter, it was my fault. I forgot the hostile nature of the internet, and what was intended to be a elbow nudge to the arm/playful joke (like you'd say to an old friend) got taken the wrong way and blown out of proportion.

12 minutes ago, Fins&FIre15 said:

Appreciate it.

I also can't recall the incident you're talking about, but I do tend to have strong opinions, so that's probably true. Having said that, I try not to attack or go after anyone who shares a different point of view, as I don't really harbor bad feelings towards anyone here.

As for the negative banter, it was my fault. I forgot the hostile nature of the internet, and what was intended to be a elbow nudge to the arm/playful joke (like you'd say to an old friend) got taken the wrong way and blown out of proportion.

The GDT's tend to be a "safe zone" for Flames fans.  Some feel that only Flames fans can post negative stuff.  Probably goes back to the days where we had some Oilers fans posting here, guys like ConnorFutureGM.  That was before McJezzub.  Also Anie used to get into debates here, but we put up with her because she's a good sport.

Bronco used to be one of the better ones too, but he's resorted to throwing shade recently.

As you probably know, we have an elder statesman on here that cheers for Jets and Flyers.  He chooses to not post when it's against one of his teams.  His choice.

Feel free to post here.

1 hour ago, The_Snowbear said:

Hmmm he cant be a Troll There Ugly and Green and Reside under Bridges to scared children

You mean Canuck fans? That resembles the colours of their old jerseys, no?

15 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

You mean Canuck fans? That resembles the colours of their old jerseys, no?

If you watch NFL, you see a big resemblance between the Nucks and Seahawks.

17 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

Maybe Canuck Fans are Frogs

Nope...   That's the Habs fans...   :ph34r:

Sharks swept us last year and really rubbed our noses in it. Need to go into a tough barn and take 2 points 

23 and 13 quiet the past 2 games, hopefully they can get back on track.

Smith just needs to relax and take it one shot at a time. Hopefully we get a big game out of him