Jump to content
The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Sign in to follow this  
Pyromancer

2018-19 Playoff Wild Card Projection

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Believe it or not, the Ducks are trensing towards placing higher than the Oilers.

How is that even possible?

Ducks of a record losing streak.

Oilers with a "generational" player who may play part of his generation elsewhere when he gets fed up.

Worse yet, Minny's in a deep rut but no one can pass them. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

Worse yet, Minny's in a deep rut but no one can pass them. lol

 

Yeah, I don;t even know what to say about the State of Hockey.

What a mess in the West.

Call it the Mest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, travel_dude said:

 

Yeah, I don;t even know what to say about the State of Hockey.

What a mess in the West.

Call it the Mest.

Especially the bottom 5 in the Pacific. ARI might be the best of 'em.

Minny has struggled hardily since we removed Dumba for them.

One 2nd pairing dman and away they melt. Although to be fair, one of their biggest PP threats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....and we have a winner.......I mean loser!

The maximum point total the Sens can attain is 95 which is just under the current projected cutoff of 96.

It will still be several weeks before the good old ""mathematically eliminated" will be realized but it's just a matter of time.

 

It looks Kucherov is trying his hardest to eliminate a Northern neighbour from expecting any sort of hardware later this spring. B)

Sorry...my mistake...it looks like he might actually have a chance at the Lady Byng! :P

 

2a0cc4be087dd4182444f99d91730c55.png2966

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kucherov is going off. 99 pts in 60 games and looking like he's saved some.

Point as a linemate they've been back and forth on.

They're driving the bus now, obviously.

Kucherov's 9.5 kicks in next year. Point is RFA. Everyone talks Marner.

Who's worth more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Kucherov is going off. 99 pts in 60 games and looking like he's saved some.

Point as a linemate they've been back and forth on.

They're driving the bus now, obviously.

Kucherov's 9.5 kicks in next year. Point is RFA. Everyone talks Marner.

Who's worth more?

 

I hope he continues that mastery until the playoffs.  He should have won the scoring race last year, but he cooled off.

He's got a sizable lead now.

Point?

Don't remind me that we didn't draft him.

Grrr.

 

Point is worth as much or more than Marner.

Can they afford him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, travel_dude said:

 

I hope he continues that mastery until the playoffs.  He should have won the scoring race last year, but he cooled off.

He's got a sizable lead now.

Point?

Don't remind me that we didn't draft him.

Grrr.

 

Point is worth as much or more than Marner.

Can they afford him?

Good question. They're going to have to figure some stuff out. They'll need to move some salary out for sure. Won't be able to re-sign Girardi, Stralman or Coburn so the D will take a hit. Just not sure if they'll have to get rid of Johnson and Miller .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Good question. They're going to have to figure some stuff out. They'll need to move some salary out for sure. Won't be able to re-sign Girardi, Stralman or Coburn so the D will take a hit. Just not sure if they'll have to get rid of Johnson and Miller .

 

Not really the place to discuss this, but....

They are sitting at $73m without the 3 pending UFA's.

No Point.

Wonder what his bonuses will be this year.

Tkachuk has triggered at least two of his IIRC.

I imagine will get most of the money in his.

 

After they re-sign Point, they have one year before Vas needs a new deal.

An Sergachev.

Big dollars due to that guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

 

Not really the place to discuss this, but....

They are sitting at $73m without the 3 pending UFA's.

No Point.

Wonder what his bonuses will be this year.

Tkachuk has triggered at least two of his IIRC.

I imagine will get most of the money in his.

 

After they re-sign Point, they have one year before Vas needs a new deal.

An Sergachev.

Big dollars due to that guy.

And that's with a 16 man roster if I remember correctly.

It'll be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Projected West cutoff drops again to 82 pts :rolleyes:

Bolts with only 61 GP at projected East cutoff of 96 pts :o

 

321b68c98050917e35a649cf9e4a8306.png3152

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:rolleyes::huh:

 

How crazy is it that the Flames are 3 points out of the Wild Card spot with 23 games remaining?

How the mighty West has changed.

 

Oiler are only 2 points clear of LA, while the Kings have a game in hand.

For last place in the West. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

St Loo. Wow.

Talk about getting fed up and going all powerhouse.

They've sure found the spark.

 

That and a goalie.

13-1-1 with .937 and 1.60 GAA

Oh, that and 4 shutouts mixed in for good luck.

Guess JBow was a pipe dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dumped my antiquated sig as the Flames rebuild is on the upswing. B)

Also the ancient Photobucket-linked images had watermarks as Photobucket went commercial a while back. <_<

 

The mighty Avalanche whom have gone 6-19 [6-14-5] since the Winter Equinox just moved back into a wildcard spot.

Cue the tears of unfathomable sadness. :rolleyes:

 

6eb0028972abc94d9cf67c4f858cf280.png3306

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The West is just so weird this year.

 

Ducks now only 4 points out of wild card spot could still make one of their late runs.

 

7 teams fighting for 2 wildcard slots.   You would think LA & Oilers are probably out of it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's put a dagger in the hearts of Ducks fans.

They deserve to start another losing streak.

I wouldn't even mind if they lose to EDM the 2nd night of the B2B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Let's put a dagger in the hearts of Ducks fans.

They deserve to start another losing streak.

I wouldn't even mind if they lose to EDM the 2nd night of the B2B.

This could very well be a play off game.

Flames lose against the Ducks they could be playing them in the first round.

Flames win could potentially knock them out of the play off race.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, redfire11 said:

This could very well be a play off game.

Flames lose against the Ducks they could be playing them in the first round.

Flames win could potentially knock them out of the play off race.

 

As much as they are the suckiest bunch of sucks, I don't want to play them in any playoff games,  They are only in the race because of Bettman points.  If ties, they are out.  Kessler can take a pouter.

 

The big reason I want to beat them is because of the Disney thing.  The former curse.  Last game, we had Smith give up a goal after Janko tied it up shorthanded.  I hate when their fans gloat about anything.  But I also hate to have to listen to the announcers we seem to get talk about how great a goal that was.  Randork saying smething like "Getzlaf had his way with..." or "absolute domimation by the road team".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Let's put a dagger in the hearts of Ducks fans.

They deserve to start another losing streak.

I wouldn't even mind if they lose to EDM the 2nd night of the B2B.

I am with you on this one. I wanted to go to the game because I really want to see these suckiest sucks of all sucks to suck. I actually don't mind Getzlaf, but I really want a piece of Kessler (whatever...the one who doesn't gorge on hot dogs) and Perry. Oh, and would it be so hard to find that old guy that CBC/Sportsnet kept showing dancing every time that they scored in the last playoff series? How do the networks get away with that sort of thing "without retribution ... very unfair and should be looked into." If Trump can say it, so can I!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

I am with you on this one. I wanted to go to the game because I really want to see these suckiest sucks of all sucks to suck. I actually don't mind Getzlaf, but I really want a piece of Kessler (whatever...the one who doesn't gorge on hot dogs) and Perry. Oh, and would it be so hard to find that old guy that CBC/Sportsnet kept showing dancing every time that they scored in the last playoff series? How do the networks get away with that sort of thing "without retribution ... very unfair and should be looked into." If Trump can say it, so can I!

 

They still blame us for the Gio hit on Fowler.

Getzlaf gets on my nerves.  Maybe it's because he's a Duck.

Maybe because he cheats.

Wasn't it him that gloved the puck in the net behind Kipper in the game where it looked like we would break the curse?

I hang onto hate like that.

Perry and his douchebaggery in the playoffs back in BH days.

Somehow he never gets called out.

 

I would like to see Bennett tune up Manson just because.

And then Hathaway can tune up Kessler.

And just for kicks, have Tkachuk draw Perry into a bunch of penalties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, travel_dude said:

 

They still blame us for the Gio hit on Fowler.

Getzlaf gets on my nerves.  Maybe it's because he's a Duck.

Maybe because he cheats.

Wasn't it him that gloved the puck in the net behind Kipper in the game where it looked like we would break the curse?

I hang onto hate like that.

Perry and his douchebaggery in the playoffs back in BH days.

Somehow he never gets called out.

 

I would like to see Bennett tune up Manson just because.

And then Hathaway can tune up Kessler.

And just for kicks, have Tkachuk draw Perry into a bunch of penalties.

It really wouldnt break my heart to see Prout in the lineup. You know for some old school attitude adjustments.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^^
Some observations:

STL has come from the brink to being a solid chance for the WC.  Is that level of play sustainable?  They don't need a great record to get in, but wow what a turnaround.

Battle in the West between MIN, COL, ARI, CHI, and DAL.  Only two will make it.  COL, CHI and ARI heating up.  Kane with 20 game scoring streak? Wow.

Oilers haven;t figured it out that they are done?  Nobody being traded?  Not even Poolparty?  Chaisson?  

Ducks are done, but always have you thinking they might get in.  Hope not.

VAN falling back to earth.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...