The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ Knights 4pm Nov 23

You know when the Flames are winning, I can handle Cassie voice but when we are loosing, she needs to shut the F-up.

C'mon Neal...   Score a goal on your old team and get that monkey off your back at the same time...

• Like 1

Just now, travel_dude said:

Okay, so asking who starts in ARI?

Need Big Save Dave, but we could see Smith.

Could be wrong but I think Smith was injured for both games in Arizona last year so I’m sure Smith gets that start 

11 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Wasn’t working tonight. Vegas played well too. Refocus and prepare for a big game in Arizona

Agree, wasn't our game, and Vegas played very well in their own zone. We didn't get anything going 5on5 until that Dube chance midway through the 3rd when Vegas had the 2-0 lead. And Neal's dumb penalty killed the momentum we had.

• Like 1

Fleury played really well today. The penalty on Gaudreau that lead to the 2nd goal was complete BS, how many times does Gaudreau get hit like that by the boards and there's no call. Ritter was great again.

1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

Fleury played really well today. The penalty on Gaudreau that lead to the 2nd goal was complete BS, how many times does Gaudreau get hit like that by the boards and there's no call. Ritter was great again.

That’s the thing, Gaudreau pointed it out to the ref to watch for it, then he got called for what he asked them to watch.

14 hours ago, JTech780 said:

Was reading a blog on HB that had the tweet from the blogger included in it.  He was amazed at how bad the officiated was.  Those pointed out MAF punching a player, a trip leaving the zone of a Flames player, questionable hits, Neal's call, JH's call, McNabb punching a Flame, etc.  Suggested that the refs might have gone shopping during the game.

ANyway, bad officiating aside (common problem in NHL), the Flames were not able to be rewarded for any sustained pressure.  Lots of zone time in shifts, but few resulted in actual shots.  

Credit to the knights, they played a full 60 minutes, which can be hard in this era.

I actually though neal had his best game as a flame. You want to see him shooting a lot, and thats what he did. The bad part is that he seems to only want to try against his old teams.

I'm pretty disappointed with czarnik so far, he teased us with speed and skill in the preseason, but hasn't shown pretty much any of that 23 games in.

Our guys looked sluggish out there, but its not the first time a team has looked that way going in to vegas, if ya know what I mean  ^.~