The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ Knights 4pm Nov 23

1 minute ago, Fins&FIre15 said:

Our guys looked sluggish out there, but its not the first time a team has looked that way going in to vegas, if ya know what I mean  ^.~

Yeah, I don't have the advanced stats to back up this claim, and I don't think it's the Vegas flu, but I've never thought that any iteration of the Flames have been any good in afternoon games. 

Love. 

1 hour ago, Fins&FIre15 said:

Credit to the knights, they played a full 60 minutes, which can be hard in this era.

I actually though neal had his best game as a flame. You want to see him shooting a lot, and thats what he did. The bad part is that he seems to only want to try against his old teams.

I'm pretty disappointed with czarnik so far, he teased us with speed and skill in the preseason, but hasn't shown pretty much any of that 23 games in.

Our guys looked sluggish out there, but its not the first time a team has looked that way going in to vegas, if ya know what I mean  ^.~

I really wonder about the logic of playing Czarnik on LW.  He's a RHS.  Playing with Janko and Hathaway.  Not a great choice IMHO.

And we called up Lomberg as an option?  Like his hitting and stuff, but he's not going to be an improvement over Czarnik.

Other choices (that are actually playing well) include Rychel and Quine.  Two actual NHL players that had down years or trouble gaining NHL time.

No practice info yet or line combinations today.  I know this is one game, but the blender didn;t have much luck creating scoring chances.

Starting to wonder about Neal's usage.  He's getting shots away, but a lot of passes are in his feet.  Can we not get him a linemate that can actually hit his stick?  Haven;t seen many PP opportunities lately, so can't even feed him chances there lately.