Flames

19617387c75b4796ce87654cfde3f254.png

dd7b585769c103fba9722ad5db610666.png

Coyotes

9575aafc5b263f9aad79e82396164eec.png

645fde6df5155271e7b64caccebf66a3.png

Goaltenders

21ebc96e34538e6d8b5b73776739cf16.png

*Note Wills is saying Rittich is starting.. NHL is saying Smith..... And the starting whistle says....

dc9a12caa4f2ec9d2cfdd980a0a3cbff.png

• Like 8

Great job on the GDT Deeds. Looks like you were burning the midnight oil to create this one.

Let's hope the boys have restocked their energy and come out by driving the play. 5 goals in the first!

16 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

Great job on the GDT Deeds. Looks like you were burning the midnight oil to create this one.

Let's hope the boys have restocked their energy and come out by driving the play. 5 goals in the first!

Did you say Midnight Oil?

As always, nicely done on the GDT Deeds...   See the source image

Deeds put a lot of time and effort into this GDT, so don't forget to give him some +1's...   Image result for good job smiley animated gif
GIF

No word on a starter.  Smith was getting some extra work with Sigalet (face palm).

BP said Sigalet made his choice but they were going to discuss it at dinner

Said they weigh in past records against certain team, playing style, and current performances.

Conventional wisdom suggests Smith would play, since he's 1-1 last season with a SO.

Trending and current results suggest Rittich gets this start.

We have two teams this week on the 2nd night of a B2B.

Maybe a tired team works better for Smith to face.

10 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

No word on a starter.  Smith was getting some extra work with Sigalet (face palm).

BP said Sigalet made his choice but they were going to discuss it at dinner

Said they weigh in past records against certain team, playing style, and current performances.

Conventional wisdom suggests Smith would play, since he's 1-1 last season with a SO.

Trending and current results suggest Rittich gets this start.

We have two teams this week on the 2nd night of a B2B.

Maybe a tired team works better for Smith to face.

I suspect that Smith will play. I would prefer we run out Rittich a bit, but I think Peters wants to get Smith some playing time sooner than later. 

I would really like to know what goalie coaches actually do. Sean Burke seemed to be effective. I am not sure that Sigalet is especially helpful although it is difficult to assess his body of work. The Flames have kept him around for a while even when they showed a desire to change the staff. Anyone know much about this? Are all goalies oddballs? :P

8 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

I suspect that Smith will play. I would prefer we run out Rittich a bit, but I think Peters wants to get Smith some playing time sooner than later. 

I would really like to know what goalie coaches actually do. Sean Burke seemed to be effective. I am not sure that Sigalet is especially helpful although it is difficult to assess his body of work. The Flames have kept him around for a while even when they showed a desire to change the staff. Anyone know much about this? Are all goalies oddballs? :P

We don't know much. Sigalet worked his way up from Heat. Read somewhere he was hard worker.

He is a feel good story with his health battles but don't know if that figures into it or not.

My contention is if he was "all that" good he would have some success stories. Something...

the closest thing to success I can see from past is turning Ramo around when he was sent down through waivers and bought back up..

Wouldn't be surprised to see Smith this afternoon.

Gotta be ready to go, ARI is a sneaky good team. They are stingy defensively and have a high end #1 when Raanta is healthy.

Smith seems like an intense guy. My only reservation (apart from the difficult start to the season), is that he might be too intense coming into this game given he played for Arizona. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

No word on a starter.

Smith had the starers net at practice...

If Smith starts, I hope we see a comeback game and he shuts the door...   He should have the incentive after sitting out and watching Rittich outplay him...

But if he let's a couple of softies in and puts the team behind, Peters should be ready and willing to give him the hook...

11 minutes ago, Carty said:

See the source image

I remember back in the day when Roy started his career. He was really big into playing with the puck using his glove for a time. At one point, the referee showed serious agitation because Roy refused to give it to him. It was funny watching the ref bark at him and Roy just twirling it around, and around, and around... I am still not sure what the heck he was trying to accomplish.

Smith is the starter.

Kylington with Hamonic.

Hanifin-Andersson.

3rd line of Czarnik-Ryan-Neal

4th line of Dube-Janko-Hahaway

Valimaki day to day, LBI.

Suggested by BP, it's his foot/ankle.  Was swollen during game, but they kept him in his skates.

Plaease come back soon.

Let's get them early and often.

Never take the foot off the gas.

Put up 3 so there is less pressure on Smitty.

As soon as he looks bad, get the hook out.

W can;t afford to lose to Pacific foes, or teams on the skids.