Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rocketdoctor

Seattle

21 posts in this topic

So Seattle gets the vote they obviously join the Pacific division

 

Who goes to the Central?

 

Or is Arizona still in trouble and their franchise moves to Quebec or Hamilton.   

 

Can Sask carry an NHL team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rocketdoctor said:

So Seattle gets the vote they obviously join the Pacific division

 

Who goes to the Central?

 

Or is Arizona still in trouble and their franchise moves to Quebec or Hamilton.   

 

Can Sask carry an NHL team?

 

I think the obvious choice is Arizona.  Can't split up CGY and EDM.  COL is already there.

Besides, technically, ARI is WPG from the old world.

Makes for a (potentially) slightly tougher division, and we get to play ARI less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

Who goes to the Central?

That's a good question. Calgary and Edmonton are the westernmost teams in the Pacific division, so it'd almost make sense for one of us to go there, but it breaks up the huge rivalry that we have. Maybe Arizona?

If they split up Calgary Edmonton, I hope Edmonton goes there, watching them suffer playing the Jets and Nashville even more would kind of be hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Khrox said:

That's a good question. Calgary and Edmonton are the westernmost teams in the Pacific division, so it'd almost make sense for one of us to go there, but it breaks up the huge rivalry that we have. Maybe Arizona?

If they split up Calgary Edmonton, I hope Edmonton goes there, watching them suffer playing the Jets and Nashville even more would kind of be hilarious.

 

They've already announced it's ARI moving to the central.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

 

They've already announced it's ARI moving to the central.

Yeah I saw that like 10 minutes after I posted this. Poor Arizona, right when they started turning things around because our division is weak, they get moved into that Central division

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Khrox said:

Yeah I saw that like 10 minutes after I posted this. Poor Arizona, right when they started turning things around because our division is weak, they get moved into that Central division

 

It's unfortunate for them.  Also for CDN snowbirds from EDM and CGY that like to watch games.  Now they get one or two road games to see there.  They do line up with Dallas and Nashville for being in the "south".  Tougher division this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel bad for Seattle already because after VGK inaugural season, the expectations are sky high.  If Seattle doesn't make it to the Cup Finals in their first season, then it will be seen as a failure, by many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They needed to get back to an even number of teams, but man...   Have to wonder who the Flames are going to lose from the roster...   I know it's early, but this time around I think there is a good chance that it will be someone more important to the team, and that could end up causing a new hole to try and fill...  They might have to consider giving up a sacrificial lamb...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carty said:

They needed to get back to an even number of teams, but man...   Have to wonder who the Flames are going to lose from the roster...   I know it's early, but this time around I think there is a good chance that it will be someone more important to the team, and that could end up causing a new hole to try and fill...  They might have to consider giving up a sacrificial lamb...

 

Man I hope it's James Neal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

 

Man I hope it's James Neal.

 

See where he is by the end of this and next season before you wish him away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Are they going to be called the Metropolitans?

 

Nope...   it's the Seattle Latte's...

641fa2538bb97fe4a964f21d8f9341e1.png

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Carty said:

 

Nope...   it's the Seattle Latte's...

641fa2538bb97fe4a964f21d8f9341e1.png

 

By far the best suggestion i've seen. There is no 2nd place :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming the expansion draft was tomorrow, who would you protect?

Obvious choices are Gaudreau, Monahan, Lindholm, Tkachuk on forward, and Hanifin and Valimaki (will be eligible by draft date), probably Rittich for goal.  That leaves 3 forwards and 1 defense.

I'd probably protect Backlund, Dube (again, will be eligible), and one of Bennett or Jankowski.  On defense it's a tough call.  You only get to protect one of Gio, Brodie, Anderson and Hamonic.  If we are going by today's value, you probably protect Gio, but he'd be 37 by the time the draft takes place.  Brodie seems to only really play well when paired with Gio, so would he be worth it without Gio being around?  Probably protect Hamonic.  Tough choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 0:29 PM, rocketdoctor said:

So now we are at a round 32

 

Surely we do not need anymore?

Quebec has an empty new Arena and is still waiting. Maybe they can get one of the weaker Franchises from the east instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too tough to play for the expansion draft right now if your the Flames as there are just too many questions. Both Brodie and Hamonic are UFA before the draft so what's the likelihood both are still here? Is Bennett? I could also easily see a scenario where the Flames would want to put Backlund out there and see if they can get out of the last couple of years of the deal and you might be able to say the same for GIo

 

Only thing that is for sure is this one will hurt more than the last one, but too hard to predict the list right now IMO. 2 years is a long time in pro sports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Capfriendly is working on their Seattle mock draft at the moment it sound like.

 

For sure, Gaudreau,Lindholm,Monahan and Tkachuk are protected. Hanifin will be for sure as well, less certain about Gio, will SEA want to take a 37 or 38 year old D? Doubt it, he likely gets exposed much like FLA did with Luongo knowing Vegas wouldn't take him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Capfriendly is working on their Seattle mock draft at the moment it sound like.

 

For sure, Gaudreau,Lindholm,Monahan and Tkachuk are protected. Hanifin will be for sure as well, less certain about Gio, will SEA want to take a 37 or 38 year old D? Doubt it, he likely gets exposed much like FLA did with Luongo knowing Vegas wouldn't take him

 

I think it's still up in the air for the Flames as far as who their D-men are by then.

Hammer and Brodie are UFA that year, so don;t need protection.

Ras and Kylington are RFA's.

Valimaki needs to be protected.

Let's see what Gio is in the next two years before we think he's automatic.

 

Supposedly, Vegas is exempt, so they will play an interesting piece in the puzzle.  Or teams just say screw it and not worry about losing one player.  The teams that worried about Vegas ended up worse off by trading to protect or dealing a pick to save a player.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.