The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ BJ's 5pm Dec 4

Gotta give this group big time credit. Last season after being down 4-1 a minute into the 2nd, they’d have rolled over and died. Not this group, they’ve been a real treat to watch all season 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

Calgary in Theory didnt deserve that win

In theory, this many goals against is a loss.

But scoring doesn;t seem to be an issue this season.

Tough start for the team, causing the hook on Rittich.

He didn;t deserve it, but he did let one weak one in at least.

One a player wide open in the slot.  No chance.

Smith let in two, one was a good goal, while he other two were questionable.

It's almost like we get that far down and the team decides we need to give 200%.

Sweet.  Had to leave gdt chat at 4-1.  Was thinking crap, I am gonna be reading about a bad lost when I got back to it.  But damn what an explosion of offense.  Sound like our Defending and maybe goalie could of been better though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I hate the message that sends.

When was the last time Smith got yanked.

Some father's trip for him.

Can't remember which games (Well I know once in the Pitt game) but Smith has been pulled for Rittich like 3 times this season.

Also, all 4 goalies this game had awful games. Smith was the best of the 4 goalies with a 0.813 save percentage.

45 minutes ago, Khrox said:

Can't remember which games (Well I know once in the Pitt game) but Smith has been pulled for Rittich like 3 times this season.

Also, all 4 goalies this game had awful games. Smith was the best of the 4 goalies with a 0.813 save percentage.

I was referring to doing it doing the Dad's tour.

Saying that 13 saves on 16 shots is better than 11 saves on 14 doesn't really isn't much of a comparison.

One guy face 3 shots on PP's while the other faced one.

One played 20 minutes longer and had 8 goals scored in front of him.

It sucks to see both our goalies let in 6 goals.

It was a goalfest, but still a nice comeback win...

Here's a crazy stat...   Flames scored 5 goals in a period for the 4th time this season, the other 30 teams in the league have only done it 3 times combined...

Great to see the top line contribute 5 goals and 10 points on the night...

This teams ability to seemingly score at will is the biggest shock for me so far this season. Did not see that coming and honestly still not quite sure I understand how. 

I mean they did go through some a horrible down year offensively last year so I think a lot of this is simply mean regression but the turnaround is massive. 

44 minutes ago, cross16 said:

This teams ability to seemingly score at will is the biggest shock for me so far this season. Did not see that coming and honestly still not quite sure I understand how. 

Lindholm's addition to the topline, Tkachuk progressing and becoming a star and Giordano playing like a monster!

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

I mean they did go through some a horrible down year offensively last year so I think a lot of this is simply mean regression but the turnaround is massive. 

It's almost like the coach recognizes something not working and adjusts during the game.  ;)

Now we win on home ice, where the coach controls the matchups.

Now we can score when down by a goal or three.

But this getting 5 in a period is insane.

How many times last year did we see this team roll over and die when the deficit got to be 3 or more?

It's really awesome to see us continuing to claw back and win these kind of games.

Apparently Monahan's dad told the other dad's "Don't worry, we got them right where we want them" after the Blue Jackets made it 4-1

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

Games like these a great for fans.

But not great for coaches.

It was more of a nailbiter than I thought.

It started like an even game.

Then it became a game you expect the Flames to press and ultimately lose by one goal.

Then it became a game that seemed like CBJ was going to charge back.

Then it looked like we could coast to victory.

Then it tightened up and looked like we would score another one to make double digists due to CBJ taking chances.