Carty

Preds @ Flames 8pm Dec 8

191 posts in this topic

Great 3rd. 

The response from Smith after the goal against was great. Big stop on Sissons seconds later.

Nice tip by Hath. Great to see Quine score one tonight.

Gotta go up there and put the boots to them tomorrow !!

I really liked what I saw from Quine tonight, he showed good speed, he is tenacious on the puck, and showed that he has some skill.

I thought we saw some glimpses of what Kylington is capable of.

Prout looked alright, he actually moved the puck better than I thought.

Andersson keeps impressing, his smarts are elite.

This was a great team win. First in the West!!

Ras was instrumental in the insurance goal.

He knows when it's safe to step up.

Wish he would take the shot when he gets the puck at the blueline.

That's my only real complaint about his play.

Rarely makes a bad read.

Played 22+ minutes.

Kyllington was skating like the wind.

Made some small gaffes, but nothing deadly.

Let the puck go between his legs on the chance just after the tying goal.

Really my only complaint tonight.

Quine stepped into a tough game and looked engaged and smart.

Keep it up and he'll be full time soon.

Mangiapane was all over the place.

Several scoring chances and a game saving block with Smith down and out and the team scrambling.

Looks like a fit with Neal.

Top line is just so dynamic.  Can't change that.

Love the Gatorade Celly.

2 more goals, now 2nd in the league for a line?

Bennett was pulled off the 2nd line in favor of Hathaway.

Odd choice, but he seems to know how to play with Tkachuk.

Need to figure out what to do with that 2nd line.

Ryan and Bennett added zinch.

Had a good laugh tonight. Was watching after hours and they were talking about Burke's comment on Flames not being a cup contender right now.  After they finished their comment and all agreed that Flames are cup contender if they keep up the play and get good goal tending, the camera started to move, and one of them said as always Burke is wrong , lol

3 minutes ago, GDyAllen said:

Had a good laugh tonight. Was watching after hours and they were talking about Burke's comment on Flames not being a cup contender right now.  After they finished their comment and all agreed that Flames are cup contender if they keep up the play and get good goal tending, the camera started to move, and one of them said as always Burke is wrong , lol

Well.... they played pretty well tonight. Burke was arguing that the Flames miss the Playoff experience to be a real contender and he is right there, since they just won one series against the Canucks. And always lost to the Ducks the last couple of years. If they can consistently play like they play now, I have no doubt that they will be a contenter over the next couple of years and will gain the Playoff experience needed to even win the cup.

For me, it would be a verty pleasant surprise if they would get to the finals this season, not talking about winning the cup. I am always open for the surprise :D.

I gotta say, I liked Hathaway on the 2nd line more than I thought I would. Kept the game simple and just went hard to the net.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, JTech780 said:

I gotta say, I liked Hathaway on the 2nd line more than I thought I would. Kept the game simple and just went hard to the net.

Count me as a long time Hathaway fan.

Always wanted him as our 4th RW. Limit his minutes and give him the occasional bump when someone isn’t going.

He’ll never wow you, but he’s always reliable and very coachable when needed.

Not a 2nd line answer with too many minutes, but reliable for the 4th minutes and patchwork when needed.

Our depth really stepped up tonight.

Wonder if Quine can play like this consistently?

Some worries with Gio and Backs out but the team responded.

Wonder who will shadow MacDavid tonight?

2 people like this

7 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Kylington with the first star tonight.

Awesome.

Well-earned, he was outstanding.  He and Prout were a very solid pairing,which is really saying something.  How tremendous is our 3+1 young defenders coming on strong!  Anderson also played well with Brodie on that top pairing.

5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Count me as a long time Hathaway fan.

Always wanted him as our 4th RW. Limit his minutes and give him the occasional bump when someone isn’t going.

He’ll never wow you, but he’s always reliable and very coachable when needed.

Not a 2nd line answer with too many minutes, but reliable for the 4th minutes and patchwork when needed.

Our depth really stepped up tonight.

Wonder if Quine can play like this consistently?

Some worries with Gio and Backs out but the team responded.

Wonder who will shadow MacDavid tonight?

I was not worried about Backlund being out as he can be replaced. He is not scoring very frequently, and most players with speed can play defensively. I was quite concerned about Gio being out. Not only does he add talent and decent speed to the game, but he also adds leadership. I wondered if his absence would throw off the defensive pairings that have been helpful transitioning to offence. Overall, it was a less than thrilling game with both sides looking a little flat. They found a way to win.

Props for the win and gutting it out with some pieces missing. Thought Kylington, Andersson and Prout really stepped up and filled the gaps. Was impressed by all 3. 

Dont think the flames played great though. Thought they got Nashville at the right time because I think all of nashvilles injuries were probably more detrimental to their game than the flames absences. 

Negative for me was the PP.

No point in having Brodie play the top unit.

He wasn't there for a reason.

Too passive for a good unit and his puck carrying didn't help an otherwise lethal unit.

Nashville did a good job of defensing, but our PP was never threatening.

Considering how Kylington and Ras have both shown great decision making on pinching, I would try one of them in Brodie's place.

Ras rarely gets beat at the blueline when holding the zone.

Kyl rarely gets beat in a foot race.

Both have good point shots.

They become the X factor, while Brodie is a known quantity.  

Gio has been great for the PP, but he's also predictable.

Tamed them purrrrty Double Spend cats. Hopefully the boys weren't out too late last evening celebrating, big game today.

36 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Negative for me was the PP.

No point in having Brodie play the top unit.

He wasn't there for a reason.

Too passive for a good unit and his puck carrying didn't help an otherwise lethal unit.

Nashville did a good job of defensing, but our PP was never threatening.

Considering how Kylington and Ras have both shown great decision making on pinching, I would try one of them in Brodie's place.

Ras rarely gets beat at the blueline when holding the zone.

Kyl rarely gets beat in a foot race.

Both have good point shots.

They become the X factor, while Brodie is a known quantity.  
Gio has been great for the PP, but he's also predictable.

I agree with your comment about the PP last night, Brodie, and trying Ras it Kyl there, but I have to disagree with the bolded. Gio does try to get pucks through with wristers and clappers as priority, but he has shown us he can fake a shot and dangle around guys, make a sound pass to an open teammate, or carry it deep into the o-zone to try to make a better play at the net. I like what he brings to the table on the PP, but I would also like to see Ras specifically have a “shot” there ;) 

1 hour ago, Cowtownguy said:

I was not worried about Backlund being out as he can be replaced. He is not scoring very frequently, and most players with speed can play defensively. I was quite concerned about Gio being out. Not only does he add talent and decent speed to the game, but he also adds leadership. I wondered if his absence would throw off the defensive pairings that have been helpful transitioning to offence. Overall, it was a less than thrilling game with both sides looking a little flat. They found a way to win.

I think you are hugely underestimating what Backland brings to this team.   

3 people like this