rocketdoctor

Panthers @ Flames 11 Jan 2019 7PM

155 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Should Yandle not be looking at a big suspension?

That was insane. Massively dangerous.

It was a nasty slash, I don't think that Yandle could have swung at Monahan any harder if he was trying to chop down a tree...    

The ref couldn't have had a better view either...   Maybe the league should make refs have an eye exam at least once a season...

1 hour ago, CheersMan said:

You are correct, thanks for pointing out that we were on the PP already. Monahan's empty net goal should have canceled Huberdeau's penalty and Yandle should have been sent to the penalty box for slashing at least. Ref's blew that one. Hamonic gets a slashing call earlier in the game where he taps a guys stick out of his hands and Yandle's axe chop gets nothing.

That was the confusing bit.   He got the Game Misconduct  but not 2 minutes for the slash.  Did the refs just miss calling it or is there some obscure rule on an empty net goal that I am unaware of?

9 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Should Yandle not be looking at a big suspension?

That was insane. Massively dangerous.

I don't think that Yandle actually hit him, so there would be no suspension. It was a potentially dangerous loss of self-discipline. Childish.

5 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

That was the confusing bit.   He got the Game Misconduct  but not 2 minutes for the slash.  Did the refs just miss calling it or is there some obscure rule on an empty net goal that I am unaware of?

I think the ref was shocked tbh. Just, "Dude, dressing room NOW"

I can look at McSorly on Brashear and Bert on Moore and can see how the outcome was far worse than the intention.

This was something else.

1 hour ago, Cowtownguy said:

I don't think that Yandle actually hit him, so there would be no suspension. It was a potentially dangerous loss of self-discipline. Childish.

Suppose in that split 2nd Mony lifted his left arm to celebrate.

We could easily be talking about a shattered forearm and career.

So for me, it doesn't matter what he slashed.

That is incredibly dangerous, not even in the realm of what Byfuglien did.

The league HAS to send a clear message here.

Smash your stick on the crossbar, not that close to the scorer on a play that is over.

I do think the refs were completely taken aback and 2 minutes flew out of their minds.

Just, "get this Blockchaining guy out of here!!!".

I wish it happened to a team I don't like, I'd say the same thing.

This is one of the worst acts I've seen since Hunter on Turgeon. Frustration becomes a moment of rage.

Can't happen.

Head shots are gross but they are at speed and can be split second movements.

This is entirely different.

The league has to nip this. That's twice now and we're only one team half way through the season.

Why wait for something bad to happen?

2 people like this

Yeah that should have been and should be disciplined for sure.  Especially in the dying minute of the game. I mean they even have the fighting in the last 5 mins rule in place to prevent any garbage from happening when it's most likely to happen. Why not for similar extreme stick infractions??