The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Sharks @ Flames 7pm Feb 7

b015c08d5c66b056b0179f2491cd9887.png             VS    3f103b6aa72a12b03a57daf08668a498.png

Feb. 7th 7pm

ad058ce4aa25339bf7782945fea93ccd.png       15f0df911aed0335d7c295d312815bb3.png

Home at the Dome

100ef926f6689cfb554d8f468e5a6a03.png

• Like 9

projected_top.jpg

***LINES ARE FROM PRACTICE AND COULD CHANGE***

6f0a9c9c055270d0ddde0416dc20733f.png

99abd6f579f7d5f809902faf0065497f.png                                                  d587da7e705c36ddaddf9c026b7ecb2c.png

GOALTENDERS

0b2728a30e680ed9412ea3738fa79389.png

• Like 6

Excellent GDT again Carty.

An important game Mentally for the Flames. It looks like this is our playoff lineup and is important to see how we perform.

Go Flames

Some crap coming from Kane in advance.  The media eats this up like shark burgers.....

The focus around the league heading into Thursday night’s rematch is the fact the two squads enter tonight’s game as the top-ranked outfits in the west.  However, in the Sharks dressing room, there was talk Wednesday about old school accountability.

“We’ll see,” said Evander Kane when asked if he expected things to boil over from last game.  “It’s something hopefully everyone in this room remembers because it doesn’t matter who you are – whether you are a skilled guy, a big guy, a tough guy, a small guy, it’s on each and every person in this room to stick up for one another.”

“My comment was one word (after the game): predatory,” said Sharks coach Pete DeBoer after Wednesday’s practice in Calgary.

“That’s what it was and that’s what it is.”  The coach wouldn’t discuss whether he was disappointed the league didn’t take action on the play, nor did he spearhead a campaign to promote retribution.  “This isn’t about settling scores, this is about trying to close the gap on these guys in the division,” he said.

“There’s going to be a lot of emotion and it’s going to be physical. I don’t think we’ve ever had an issue walking that line. We play as hard as anybody in the league. We don’t carry an enforcer in order to do that. We rely on our team toughness and our ability to play hard whistle to whistle.

“Hockey players have long memories – you don’t forget stuff like that.”

“I wanted to kind of make sure there was a little bit more action than just talk,” said Kane on Dec. 31, tired of an evening full of trash talk, authored largely by Tkachuk.  “I saw the replay (of the Bennett hit). Boy, it’s funny. Like I said, there’s a lot of talk and then I leave the game and guys get a little taller out there.”   :lol:

7 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Some crap coming from Kane in advance.  The media eats this up like shark burgers.....

The focus around the league heading into Thursday night’s rematch is the fact the two squads enter tonight’s game as the top-ranked outfits in the west.  However, in the Sharks dressing room, there was talk Wednesday about old school accountability.

“We’ll see,” said Evander Kane when asked if he expected things to boil over from last game.  “It’s something hopefully everyone in this room remembers because it doesn’t matter who you are – whether you are a skilled guy, a big guy, a tough guy, a small guy, it’s on each and every person in this room to stick up for one another.”

“My comment was one word (after the game): predatory,” said Sharks coach Pete DeBoer after Wednesday’s practice in Calgary.

“That’s what it was and that’s what it is.”  The coach wouldn’t discuss whether he was disappointed the league didn’t take action on the play, nor did he spearhead a campaign to promote retribution.  “This isn’t about settling scores, this is about trying to close the gap on these guys in the division,” he said.

“There’s going to be a lot of emotion and it’s going to be physical. I don’t think we’ve ever had an issue walking that line. We play as hard as anybody in the league. We don’t carry an enforcer in order to do that. We rely on our team toughness and our ability to play hard whistle to whistle.

“Hockey players have long memories – you don’t forget stuff like that.”

“I wanted to kind of make sure there was a little bit more action than just talk,” said Kane on Dec. 31, tired of an evening full of trash talk, authored largely by Tkachuk.  “I saw the replay (of the Bennett hit). Boy, it’s funny. Like I said, there’s a lot of talk and then I leave the game and guys get a little taller out there.”   :lol:

Watch more replays buddy and see the predatory spear Bennett took. The Satoshi Nakamoto Bennett took that game, he doesn’t back down to anyone. I’d love to see Benny scrap Kane!

Coach your players to keep their heads up. Oh wait, coach and Kane aren’t the same person?

52 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

Excellent GDT again Carty.

Thanks man...   :)

• Like 1

I have been looking forward to this one... Like, we actually marked it down on the calendar just a minute or two after Bennett schmucked Simek, and then started feeding Donskoi. 

Feels like we should listen to some late Thin Lizzy. 

Love. 

• Like 1

Carty Awesome GDT. To me this is a measuring stick for this club in 3 areas. 1) Team toughness. This should be a very chippy physical game, if this roster can win this game it proves we have the club to nit add before the deadline 2) How do they handle the pressure. This club has not been in this situation for quite sometime, the hype, team position and the statement a win makes will only solidify the belief in the room. 3) Areas of need for if any at the trade deadline. 

39 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Carty Awesome GDT.

Thanks man...   :)

Kane is a Flame killer, stop Kane and we stop the Sharks. This is the biggest game since...well since the last game we played. They are all big now. 

LRBHnKx.gif

GIORDANO SCORES!!!