Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carty

Isles @ Flames 7:30pm Feb 20

139 posts in this topic

4-2 VICTORY vs the Metropolitan Division leader! :D

Just now, rickross said:

This is good practice for the playoff refs though! ;)

Dan O has enough naughty pics of the Gnome to get playoff games, so yes this was a good practice with the refs.

That was a pretty complete game by all 4 lines. Defense has to clean up some of their own zone coverage. Great win!

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

Sam Bennett has quietly had a very good game tonight. Made plays all over the ice. 

The 3rd line was our best I thought.

Isles. get worried. See you soon.

Just now, conundrumed said:

Hope the Isles didn;t use it all up tonight.

Big game against the Soilers tomorrow.

Nice to see us get some distance btween us and the rest of the Pacific...Again....

Something that has bothered me for a while is the seemed to forget their cycle game. They were basically only scoring goals off the rush or on the PP and couldn't generate any sustained offensive zone pressure. 

Was not the case tonight, they just dominated and wore down the Isles. nice to see them build the pieces of their game back after that break. 2 very well played hockey games in a row here for different reasons. 

1 person likes this

Great game all around,I love the idea of having a new rivalry with the Isles...especially since the Oilers have been relegated to the AHL for years now :rolleyes:! Jets lost hard tonight as well so the 2 pts are ever sweeter

8 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Ya I hope Neal is month-to-month

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Something that has bothered me for a while is the seemed to forget their cycle game. They were basically only scoring goals off the rush or on the PP and couldn't generate any sustained offensive zone pressure. 

Was not the case tonight, they just dominated and wore down the Isles. nice to see them build the pieces of their game back after that break. 2 very well played hockey games in a row here for different reasons. 

You mean taking the puck below the goal line and working it?

Me too, for a while now.

5 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Hope the Isles didn;t use it all up tonight.

Big game against the Soilers tomorrow.

Nice to see us get some distance btween us and the rest of the Pacific...Again....

Oilers watched and studied this game and  tomorrow they won’t just fail, they won’t even show up to the exam. :o 

This entire season I’ve been questioning if there’s another gear to this team and it looks like we’re finally seeing it kick in

4 minutes ago, rickross said:

Oilers watched and studied this game and  tomorrow they won’t just fail, they won’t even show up to the exam. :o 

This entire season I’ve been questioning if there’s another gear to this team and it looks like we’re finally seeing it kick in

We got the Isle all pissed off. Just in time for the Oilers.

4 minutes ago, rickross said:

Oilers had scouts at the game, but I think it was just to see how hockey is played.

They aren't scouting the Isles for a trade partner, so we must have a trade proposal with them.

YIKES>

29 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

We got the Isle all pissed off. Just in time for the Oilers.

Hopefully they save some for us. When we go to their barn and kick the Satoshi Nakamoto of them all over again next Tuesday.

Good game by the Flames.

That first period was fantastic hockey.

all 4 lines going.

Not sure what old man Dan was thinking in the 3rd with the penalties on Backlund.

Go Flames Go!

1 person likes this