Jump to content
The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ Isles 5pm Feb 26

Recommended Posts

projected_top.jpg

a397f08bd31987795f6123ead5c27f03.png

    8db69249448d454c8ee35143cf61284b.png                                             35cf3e85e83a90638f8e0f9c76faa16a.png

GOALTENDERS

80be150e5e78f7d63d1ac9a46d7b3533.png

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barzal is the player I wish we had, but then again, do we prefer having Hanifin and Lindholm. The trade off. I would have preferred Barzal over Hamilton alone. But I like Lindholm enough to be ok. Just a part of me always looks back and wants the high end of Barzal. 

 

Lets make them pay! Battle of the divisions! 

 

Lindholm, get our top boys back on track!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Barzal is the player I wish we had, but then again, do we prefer having Hanifin and Lindholm. The trade off. I would have preferred Barzal over Hamilton alone. But I like Lindholm enough to be ok. Just a part of me always looks back and wants the high end of Barzal. 

 

Lets make them pay! Battle of the divisions! 

 

Lindholm, get our top boys back on track!!!

 

Depends on how we ranked him.

I'm okay with the trade then and now, as it helped us get to where we are.  

Hamilton wasn't a good fit in year 1.

Year 2 he meshed with Gio and climbed the D scoring race.

At what expense?  10th last overall.  Not all on him, but he was soft.

 

My concern going forward is winning the games we should and beating the Pacific and Central division.

Smith needs to play as good or better than his last few games.

Rittich needs to start more and solidify his spot as the starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

 

Depends on how we ranked him.

I'm okay with the trade then and now, as it helped us get to where we are.  

Hamilton wasn't a good fit in year 1.

Year 2 he meshed with Gio and climbed the D scoring race.

At what expense?  10th last overall.  Not all on him, but he was soft.

 

My concern going forward is winning the games we should and beating the Pacific and Central division.

Smith needs to play as good or better than his last few games.

Rittich needs to start more and solidify his spot as the starter.

 

I agree. I am probably 65% sold that he’s turned over the new leaf?  I dunno. People say Rittich’s history is he’s choked when given the starter’s net. But always goes back to Smith’s history prior to injury to say he’ll get back to prime. I feel like Smith has only recently shown a tiny bit of a glimpse of moving towards that.

 

i get why Kehatch was so skeptical about goaltending going into the season, and he/we can have the right to be a tad skeptic going into the playoffs.

 

its time to get ready for the playoffs. Winning at a playoff clip is important going forward. I think they can do it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think Brodie has lost BP's confidence and has been moved to the third pairing, or is BP showing allot of confidence in him and placing him on the third pairing with Prout to stabilize that pairing?  Geo helps out Anderson, and Brodie, Prout?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Addicted said:

Do you think Brodie has lost BP's confidence and has been moved to the third pairing, or is BP showing allot of confidence in him and placing him on the third pairing with Prout to stabilize that pairing?  Geo helps out Anderson, and Brodie, Prout?

 

I think it is both, but it’s easy to use the latter part of your comment to justify to public why he’s gone that route.

 

one thing that is consistent is BP demotes when necessary and it’s up to the player to work their way back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Addicted said:

Do you think Brodie has lost BP's confidence and has been moved to the third pairing, or is BP showing allot of confidence in him and placing him on the third pairing with Prout to stabilize that pairing?  Geo helps out Anderson, and Brodie, Prout?

 

I think it's a little of both.

With Kylington out, they need to replace a LD, and Brodie would be the easiest to move to that side.

If Kylington back in, they could still use Brodie on the 3rd pair, but that hasn't been the case on more than one occasion, specifically after Brodie gave up passes on a platter.

 

The only guy I see sitting in the the playoffs is Kylington for Fantenberg.  That's just what I think happens.  Not because of the trade, but because he's a steadier defensive player (stats say that) than Stone.  And because you may need less of an offensive guy and more of a steady D-man.  Kyl isn't quite there.  He's good and getting better.  Just not there yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

 

I think it's a little of both.

With Kylington out, they need to replace a LD, and Brodie would be the easiest to move to that side.

If Kylington back in, they could still use Brodie on the 3rd pair, but that hasn't been the case on more than one occasion, specifically after Brodie gave up passes on a platter.

 

The only guy I see sitting in the the playoffs is Kylington for Fantenberg.  That's just what I think happens.  Not because of the trade, but because he's a steadier defensive player (stats say that) than Stone.  And because you may need less of an offensive guy and more of a steady D-man.  Kyl isn't quite there.  He's good and getting better.  Just not there yet.

I think it's as simple as it gives them the best lineups with the parts available. Andersson with Gio has been great so it affords them moving Brodie down to pair with Prout for greater stability.

BP also said after the Sens game that there are still things they want to try in the next month before playoffs roll around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's been the last 3, so sorry everyone, sticking with it.

Especially after the wayward (imo) disappointment of too many Flames fans yesterday.

So now that bullSatoshi Nakamoto day has come and passed, let's crank it up.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we get on our horses and terrorize them. tbh.

Good time to send a message.

After TDL, would be amazing to see this team play full on and capitalize on all of Barzal's mistakes. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go Flames Go

Punish those Islanders for wearing what I consider a unappealing jersey with a plain logo.

+ they have 2 points that are rightfully ours. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pyromancer said:

Go Flames Go

Punish those Islanders for wearing what I consider a unappealing jersey with a plain logo.

+ they have 2 points that are rightfully ours. B)

Rank the following from worst to best:

1. Vancouver Canucks "V" jersey in yellow, red, black etc. etc.

2. Vancouver Canucks hockey stick inside a square.

3. Islander acronym shirt used tonight.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

Rank the following from worst to best:

1. Vancouver Canucks "V" jersey in yellow, red, black etc. etc.

2. Vancouver Canucks hockey stick inside a square.

3. Islander acronym shirt used tonight.

 

What about the Capt Highliner jersey? :lol:

3e27b690d6cbce16807ac912e2e6d372.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pyromancer said:

 

What about the Capt Highliner jersey? :lol:

3e27b690d6cbce16807ac912e2e6d372.png

I knew I was forgetting one. 

 

ETA: I would put Capt Highliner at number 3.

 

1. V jersey.

2. Stick in square.

3. Capt Highliner.

4. Acronym.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...