The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Stars @ Flames 7:30pm Mar 27

b015c08d5c66b056b0179f2491cd9887.png         VS   200c196d923cddddfc3eda1d635a6ead.png

Mar. 27th 7:30pm

9740e4f32aeea57785500b226d59e488.png       ad058ce4aa25339bf7782945fea93ccd.png      15f0df911aed0335d7c295d312815bb3.png

Home at the Dome

100ef926f6689cfb554d8f468e5a6a03.png

• Like 6

projected_top.jpg

ae993ad153dfcbcc973dacab813d60f2.png

4051eaf324954a00c078aa8bba04b2c8.png                                         35deb2f0fa0a8227badae91ffdc887f5.png

GOALTENDERS

ec95292920fd6ab8440da1bbf6ed8e7f.png

• Like 9

Don't see anything on lines yet this morning, just this from yesterday...   So I'll check again later...

c28e4ab6439af0601f91d43ab24e29ba.png

• Like 2

Seems a little knee jerk to me to mess with the lines that much after 1 loss to goalie that played pretty well. I get it that various lines have went cold at various times, but the wins still came from different lines. Not sure I’d mess with what has been working up to now at this point in the year...

My guess is Mony is hurt more than we think and needs a lesser role for a bit to recover. That would require a fair bit of shuffling which is what we’ve seen. 

3 hours ago, Addicted said:

Seems a little knee jerk to me to mess with the lines that much after 1 loss to goalie that played pretty well. I get it that various lines have went cold at various times, but the wins still came from different lines. Not sure I’d mess with what has been working up to now at this point in the year...

My guess is Mony is hurt more than we think and needs a lesser role for a bit to recover. That would require a fair bit of shuffling which is what we’ve seen. 

If that's all it was, yes you are correct.

It's been a month now.

A few games where the line was good, but mosyly not generating stuff.

JH has most of the shots for the line over that period.

Good on him, but let's face it, he's the set up guy that teams key in on.

They are taking away his pass options.

Interesting to see how long the lines last. If I’m peters as tempting as it would be to change it if things start slow, I’d give it a full game to see if anything materializes.

I realize they will go back to the regular lines by Sunday but maybe Monahan facing some easier matchups gets him going again tonight 

4 hours ago, Addicted said:

Hopefully, that is a good sign. If it were really bad, one would assume that they would just sit him. 

If Monahan is on the third line, does it make sense that his skating, read of the play, etc. would improve markedly relative to other players he faces? I wondered if being on the third line not only reduces his ice time, but gives him greater ability to dodge checks, and avoid further injury.

It's interesting that Rittich has 26 wins and only 7 losses so far this season...   While Smith has 21 wins and 15 losses...

Is Bishop any good or does he just freeze the play every time it comes near his glove?

It's a frustrating type of goalie to play because there is little flow to the game.

Needs some Cowbell tonight.

2 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

Liking Mangi's play more and more. He will be a solid Flame for years.

I agree, and will admit that there was a time that I questioned whether he would play in the NHL. At this point, his height does not really appear to impede his play.

Was I the only one who thought of Friday the 13th when Rittich appeared to stare down that Dallas player?

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Is Bishop any good or does he just freeze the play every time it comes near his glove?

It's a frustrating type of goalie to play because there is little flow to the game.

Needs some Cowbell tonight.

He's doing on purpose. Road game, slow it down.

1mtyg0.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cowtownguy said:

I agree, and will admit that there was a time that I questioned whether he would play in the NHL. At this point, his height does not really appear to impede his play.

He's like a tough version of Johnny.

Goes to the tough areas.

Doesn;t mind a big hit.

Decent shot.

Love the one-timer.