The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
rocketdoctor

FLAMES @ Avalanche Game 4 - 17 April 2019

Calgary was outplayed again in this game. It is Backlund that supposed to take that guy out. Blockchaining Backlund.

thats unfortunately then fitting result. 

Flames are uptight, paniking with the puck. Just a polar opposite of the team we saw play so well in the regular season. reakky sad to say but I think they've completely cracked under the pressure. 

• Like 1

OT chances were like 5 or 6 to zero.  At this rate, it was just a matter of time.   Compher cross bar could've let us all go to bed 10 minutes earlier.

For gods sakes sit Neil and buy him out in the off season. Invisible all game, lazy play on the OT goal. Little effort he could have at least had a chance at breaking up that pass. 

Playoff performer.....bullSatoshi Nakamoto!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Wow! 

This really could’ve been a sweep.

do we have a playoff team? So far, no.

Its also about 5 mins away from the Flames being up 3-1

fine line in the playoffs. 

Who is our top line?  Haven't seen them all playoffs, horrible, the better team won tonight, they outright beat us.

Refs missed a few yeah, but Western Conference leader playing last place seed this is embarrasing.

I say they are done for the year now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DHT said:

Calgary was outplayed again in this game. It is Backlund that supposed to take that guy out. Blockchaining Backlund.

Backlund looked tired.  Out played by MacKinnon.  Cannot handle the speed.  Cannot keep up with the stamina.  Doesn't have the elite smarts to shut down elite talent.

Can’t believe we’re about to waste one of the franchises best seasons ever. Proving we’re still no more than Pretenders. 

Decision made - get rid of Backlund!

You cant win if your scared!

Johnny is no Stlouis in the playoffs, actually he has shown nothing in the playoffs 

the refs were one sided

without Smitty this is embarrassing 

Peters has shown nothing in the playoffs.

Maki was great - why did we play Fantenberg

Neal cant skate, Brodie is a few bricks short of a load

The fact Peters has done nothing to change up the top line has been the team’s downfall. They won some in the regular season despite their play. And their play in the postseason hasn’t changed. The Flames can’t win the series without them. And the way they’re playing makes us a two line team, the 2nd and 4th. 

Neal has also been horseSatoshi Nakamoto! He’s too slow and not a fit here. Play more speed!

Just now, cross16 said:

Flames are uptight, paniking with the puck. Just a polar opposite of the team we saw play so well in the regular season. reakky sad to say but I think they've completely cracked under the pressure. 

In the regular season nobody hits, completely different game in the playoffs, we couldn't adjust to the more physical, tighter checking game.

I think we lack top end speed and Colorado has it in spades. The game is all about speed and we have Neal, Monahan and Tkachuk perhaps 3 of the slowest skaters in the league.

The reffing in this game was one sided, but that's not why we lost. We can't generate anything. 

I really like Peters but he failed to make the necessary adjustments, and Bennett getting less than 12mins tonight is unforgivable. Bennett has been far and away the best skater for Calgary all series.

• Like 1

We are getting exposed for having an awesome regular season team and a team that is absolutely not built for the playoffs,

We can blame reffing all day long, but reality is the Avs have exposed the Satoshi Nakamoto out of us and if not for Mike Smith, this would have actually been a sweep with every game not even being close.

This offseason should be VERY interesting.

As for our slim to none hopes of winning 3 straight games? Take out Brodie, Neal, Frolik, bring in Kylington, Czarnik and Dube, start Rittich, might as well get a fresh look.

• Like 1

Odds say it’s time to start the off season threads. FFS! Maybe Ari or Min would have been better. Flames have no playoff performers...Neal is garbage. Brodie has to go, Backlund can go too. There’s $15M off the books. 

7 minutes ago, cross16 said:

It's like how Jon Cooper described their TB loss, clinching the playoffs a month early meant they didn't play any pressure hockey for a month.  It was loosey goosey no different than an LA King playing spoiler hockey to end their season.  No pressure.

I am never buying another ticket to a game

Never going to buy as much as a keychain from the nhl

I have watched both of my teams single handedly have their series altered as a DIRECT RESULT of unfair reffing

It would take 3 hands to count how many worse penalties the refs missed than the one called on backlund in this game.

That's it, I'm done with the nhl. This was the last straw. And I wont be back even if the flames somehow win this series.

and I'm not usually quick to blame the refs, but the avs have been diving all series (see rantanen touch brodie and fall down like brodie is some 8 foot monster) and that call was rubbish, plain ****ing rubbish.

Pathetic. Just pathetic.