The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Avs @ Flames 8pm Apr 19

3 minutes ago, DHT said:

If playoff experience is a key factor, then what happened to Neal?

Still have to have the ability. Neal's skills have just deteriorated so far that he just can't compete at this level right now.

1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

Still have to have the ability. Neal's skills have just deteriorated so far that he just can't compete at this level right now.

More he’s not surrounded by players that can control the play enough to allow him to do what he can do.

i am not happy. I really hope BT stays away from the FA from now on. Although, Frolik was a good signing.

Their PP makes us look like we have two in the box most of the time!

i know they just had a two-man, but I mean generally.

our PP makes it look like they still have 5, even 6 guys out there.

Well, gentlemen we will be enjoying our summer early. I will have better sleeps once my frustrations and disappointments subsided. It has been a pleasure to be on the game night board all season with you guys. Better luck next year perhaps. Thanks guys!

• Like 6

Well the Jays better call up Vlad Guerrero Jr. soon so I have something to cheer for. 

I can't watch the rest of the playoffs. It's tough to watch when you want every team to lose. Hopefully the Jets and the Leafs follow the Flames soon and get knocked out 

Just now, 89Again said:

Embarrassing 

The Backlund era must end.

That 6 year deal with NTC likely locked him in as a life long Flame for any Backlund haters out there 

I don't care what anyone says. This, team needs a gritty fast kamakazie center like Mika Zibanajed. They always say build your team from the goalie out. NYR has their goalie in Georgiev but zero defense. BT has lots of young fast d-men. Eric Stall would of been a good guy to lean on.

Just now, 89Again said:

Rittich earned a game - they let him down.

Would have been nice ..but no opportunity.there was no argument to replace Smith at all 

1 minute ago, TheFan99 said:

I don't care what anyone says. This, team needs a gritty fast kamakazie center like Mika Zibanajed. They always say build your team from the goalie out. NYR has their goalie in Georgiev but zero defense. BT has lots of young fast d-men. Eric Stall would of been a good guy to lean on.

Zucker would have looked pretty good 

• Like 1

Not much to say really.

A very disappointing end to an otherwise thoroughly enjoyable season. 

Just now, Ward54 said:

Not much to say really.

A very disappointing end to an otherwise thoroughly enjoyable season. 

Hard to stomach.

2 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

That 6 year deal with NTC likely locked him in as a life long Flame for any Backlund haters out there 

Yup - that’s why he was so motivated for this series!  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Would have been nice ..but no opportunity.there was no argument to replace Smith at all 

Smith played mostly great but the team looked the same as they did last year, totally dependent on him.  Putting Rittich in may have woken them up - who knows.  I have like BP’s calls this year so cant slam him.  The Avs and Grubauer were immpressive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 89Again said:

Yup - that’s why he was so motivated for this series!  

Good possession player. But, big game moments aren't his thing. Why, didnt he top shelf that shot in game 4 in OT? He, had all day Grrrr!

Good for the Flames making the playoffs. Awesome. I told you guys you were soft midway through. Well your soft. Hope Monahan wins the Byng.

3 minutes ago, 89Again said:

Smith played mostly great but the team looked the same as they did last year, totally dependent on him.  Putting Rittich in may have woken them up - who knows.  I have like BP’s calls this year so cant slam him.  The Avs and Grubauer were immpressive.

Why didn't anyone run Grubauer? Nothing to lose. Stirr it up. It's playoff hockey. Throw caution to the wind when your down that much.

Gentlemen, thank you for a great season. I loved coming on the board and discussing all things Flames and hockey with you guys. It really made the season that much better. Unfortunately our playoff hopes and dreams have come to an end much too soon. I take solace in the fact that we have a GM who never rests on his laurels - and I expect there will be changes that give some promise to next season. As for right now, this is going to be a hard one to accept.

Cheers to each and every one of you. See you all again around the draft. 

Sincerely,

Lou

• Like 3

Good possession player. But, big game moments aren't his thing. Why, didnt he top shelf that shot in game 4 in OT? He, had all day Grrrr!

Brodie GVA 4

Backlund GVA 3 

Anderson GVA 3

Bennett & Monahan +1

Why didn't anyone run Grubauer? Nothing to lose. Stirr it up. It's playoff hockey. Throw caution to the wind when your down that much.

Sammy did

• Like 1

Carty thanks for all the GDT's and to the many others that jumped on to support. This was a good season but a Blockchaining embarrassing playoff. So to anyone who doesn't think this team needs to get bigger, meaner and faster, just take note of what happened. We didn't just lose we got Blockchaining owned. Once again I will say it this club is just to soft and to many passengers. We had 1 forward that made a difference Bennett, the rest were invisible. Benny stuck out cause this is his style of hockey. 

For me this season had some great points and was fun to watch, but we are so far off from even being close to a contender its ridiculous. As good as JH is he needs better line mates. The avs got off easy in this series like really easy, Mckinnon, Rantannan, Landeskog should be black and blue, but nope they danced all over us. I Guess what pisses me off the most, is how easy this was for our opposition. Our guys get slashed grabbed, cross checked cheap shots after the play and we do nothing. You have to be mean in these games and if you can't this is what happens. IMHO this was a waste of time, they coasted into the playoffs and coasted right out. Next year there has to be huge changes, Brodie, Janko, Mags, Czariuk, Fantenberg, Smith, Frohlick, Hathaway and Neal. should not be returning. Sad way to end a good season. Feel for Gio and Smith pretty sure they don't ever get this chance again

• Like 2