The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Sign in to follow this  
Horsman1

40 years.... in the books

.. we have officially now 50 goalies that have donned the Flaming c for our illustrious team.. Kipper and vernon  have played more than anyone else.. but.. who is number 3??

I assume this was a trivia question. I looked it up and Hockey-reference lists 52 goaltenders.

I think most here would know Bob Johnson coached the most games for the Flames at 400 even. But without looking can any tell me who is 2nd most Flames games coached?

11 minutes ago, DirtyDeeds said:

I assume this was a trivia question. I looked it up and Hockey-reference lists 52 goaltenders.

I think most here would know Bob Johnson coached the most games for the Flames at 400 even. But without looking can any tell me who is 2nd most Flames games coached?

Just a guess, but Hartley is the only one in my memory to last over 3 seasons so I’ll go with him.

52 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Just a guess, but Hartley is the only one in my memory to last over 3 seasons so I’ll go with him.

Close but Bob has the 3rd most Flames games coached.  

4 hours ago, DirtyDeeds said:

Hmm without googling the answer, i guess Brent Sutter?

On 9/1/2019 at 9:10 PM, DirtyDeeds said:

Looks like these guys could use a hint Deeds...   The Flames coach with the 2nd highest amount of games is a tricky one...

Off of the top of my head Hartley should be around 300, as should Brian Sutter. And off of the top of my head, Terry Crisp would be close.

3 guesses.😀

I think Sutter was 3 seasons and Hartley 3 and a half. Hartley?

Now stop making me grind my teeth thinking about both GG's. lol

That interesting i open a thread on the same principal i open everyone Ignores a yet someone else opens a Thread of the same thing and people answer

I actually liked Brian Sutter as a coach.

The story of him going to the bar in Chicago and cracking skulls on his party boy stars on a bad team made me like him even more.

One was Kyle Calder, who was the other?

6 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

That interesting i open a thread on the same principal i open everyone Ignores a yet someone else opens a Thread of the same thing and people answer

It's happened to me a few times and has really annoyed me. But at the end of the day, so what...I can say with 99% certainty it happens by accident, not stealing your idea.

Horsman doesn't seem like the kind of cat that would do it on purpose. So don't worry about it.

Excrement happens. No one cares who started the thread. There aren't bragging rights here, or at least weren't prior to my 2+ months of hiatus.

11 hours ago, DirtyDeeds said:

Really? I'm going Brian Sutter.

Crisp could be due to playoff games.

Regular season has to be Hartley though.

*trying not to look it up*

12 hours ago, DirtyDeeds said:

I have now looked it up.  My thinking was we were just counting Calgary Flames history.

6 minutes ago, sak22 said:

I have now looked it up.  My thinking was we were just counting Calgary Flames history.

Cheater.🤣

My thinking too.

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

Cheater.🤣

My thinking too.

Lol.  I did the math in my head from Crisp.  Hartley did 3 full seasons plus the lockout.  Both B. Sutter's had 3 full seasons.  D Sutter only had 2.5 seasons.  Dave King had 3 seasons, but one was the lockout and Riser, Page, Hay, Gilbert, Playfair, Keenan and Gulutzan didn't coach more than 2.  Bob Johnson coached 400 so that made up half the 80's, leaving the rest with Al McNeil and Terry Crisp.  So if Hartley was wrong, it must have made an Atlanta coach #2.  Which doesn't fit into the last 40 years 😛

3 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Lol.  I did the math in my head from Crisp.  Hartley did 3 full seasons plus the lockout.  Both B. Sutter's had 3 full seasons.  D Sutter only had 2.5 seasons.  Dave King had 3 seasons, but one was the lockout and Riser, Page, Hay, Gilbert, Playfair, Keenan and Gulutzan didn't coach more than 2.  Bob Johnson coached 400 so that made up half the 80's, leaving the rest with Al McNeil and Terry Crisp.  So if Hartley was wrong, it must have made an Atlanta coach #2.  Which doesn't fit into the last 40 years 😛

Brent had 3 season's?

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

Brent had 3 season's?

Yes, '09-10 until '11-'12I always found it funny that he got 3 non-playoff years when the 2 before him were fired despite making the playoffs their years, but I guess the reputation goes in the tank with a revolving door of coaches.

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I actually liked Brian Sutter as a coach.

The story of him going to the bar in Chicago and cracking skulls on his party boy stars on a bad team made me like him even more.

One was Kyle Calder, who was the other?

I liked Brian too but he had zero X's and O's.  Went off pure motivation.  No different than Keanan.

7 hours ago, conundrumed said:

It's happened to me a few times and has really annoyed me. But at the end of the day, so what...I can say with 99% certainty it happens by accident, not stealing your idea.

Horsman doesn't seem like the kind of cat that would do it on purpose. So don't worry about it.

Excrement happens. No one cares who started the thread. There aren't bragging rights here, or at least weren't prior to my 2+ months of hiatus.

nope sorry Snow.. completely accidental

Snow.. I had a stoke at the end of June and have been hospital and house bound since.. I'mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Soooooooooooooooooooooo Boredddddddddd 

7 hours ago, conundrumed said:

every body wants to be a cat.. cause a cat is where it's at

7 hours ago, sak22 said:

I was very careful not to type Calgary Flames...

the answer is Fred Creighton 348 games

Curious.. Brian and Brent Sutter both have 246 games coaching Calgary Flames.

13 hours ago, The_Snowbear said:

Link your thread my friend, and I will post to it.

4 hours ago, DirtyDeeds said:

I was very careful not to type Calgary Flames...

the answer is Fred Creighton 348 games

Curious.. Brian and Brent Sutter both have 246 games coaching Calgary Flames.

the tile of this post is 40 years.. does not include Atlanta.. But,, it's been 40 years.. when do we get to change it from Flames to something else 

Sign in to follow this