The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Sign in to follow this  
Horsman1

40 years.... in the books

9 hours ago, Horsman1 said:

Snow.. I had a stoke at the end of June and have been hospital and house bound since.. I'mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Soooooooooooooooooooooo Boredddddddddd 

I hope you are recovering well Horseman.

I can sympathise with your boredom to a degree, I am now entering week 7 of being hospital and house bound after yet another surgery. I have now had 6 operations in the past 2 years to try and rectify the same issue. Fingers crossed we have it sorted this time.

I believe I have spent the majority of my recovery time searching capfriendly and nhl sites for trade partners and have largely came up empty. The general lack of trades and rfa signings has not helped the boredom either. 

Get well soon. 

9 hours ago, Ward54 said:

I can sympathise with your boredom to a degree, I am now entering week 7 of being hospital and house bound after yet another surgery. I have now had 6 operations in the past 2 years to try and rectify the same issue. Fingers crossed we have it sorted this time.

I believe I have spent the majority of my recovery time searching capfriendly and nhl sites for trade partners and have largely came up empty. The general lack of trades and rfa signings has not helped the boredom either. 

Get well soon. 

Thanks ward.. But.. good news!!! Hockey is back this week.. rookie training camp .. first scrimmage on Friday.. looking over the roster.. Who

are these guys???? lol

I don't foresee a lot of player movement any time soon..Everyone is tight against the cap so trades will be hard to come by.. If...  player is cut and becomes available.. we won't get a chance at him because of our regular season finish last year.. Maybe we could explore the Canadian National Women's team for players.. cause.. it's well known.. they'll play for half price

19 hours ago, Ward54 said:

Get well soon. 

9 hours ago, Horsman1 said:

Thanks ward.. But.. good news!!! Hockey is back this week.. rookie training camp .. first scrimmage on Friday.. looking over the roster.. Who

are these guys???? lol

I don't foresee a lot of player movement any time soon..Everyone is tight against the cap so trades will be hard to come by.. If...  player is cut and becomes available.. we won't get a chance at him because of our regular season finish last year.. Maybe we could explore the Canadian National Women's team for players.. cause.. it's well known.. they'll play for half price

I hope you’re both well onto recovery! I too had a scare in June with colon cancer. I had ulcerative colitis so when I ended up with colon cancer they suggested they remove my colon, while most of it was filled with cells that were ready to metastasize, I guess I was lucky they got it. 

I hope healing from stroke has been good. I am with you, if it was in the middle of the season it may have been less boring to lay around healing.  

6 hours ago, Horsman1 said:

well this year's slogan will be... Every day above ground.. is a good day.. 

My issues are certainly not life threatening, I have a recurring polinidal sinus. If you’re interested in having a little chuckle at my expense google it. Sounds simple enough but I have missed over 7 months work over the past two years because of it, maybe 3 weeks of that was during hockey season.

Sorry everyone for hijacking the 40 years thread and turning it into a medical thread.

To get things back on track I am offering a trivia question.

By my calculations there are 8 current flames wearing numbers that were also worn by players in both the ‘89 cup winning team and the ‘04 cup finalists.

Can you name the number, the ‘89 player, the ‘04 player and the current flame?

I will give you one as an example

#17 - Hrdina - Clark - Lucic

I believe there are seven others.

Enjoy.

Sign in to follow this