The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
JTech780

Oct. 3rd Calgary Flames at Colorado Avelanche

Some BS calls tonight.

JH gets hooked and they call the Flames later on the same shift.

I have llked the Flames push back after the initial goal, but the calls are making this stupid.

Ghost of Wideman.

Colorado has the edge right now, but we can slow that down if we follow through on some hits. Lots of curling away when the opportunity is there. 

Seem to be fighting the puck a bit here, having trouble making a clean pass, pucks bouncing off and over sticks.

5 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Knocked down with a high stick and not called.

5 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

That sure looked like a high stick to me.

Rewound it and zoomed in twice...   It was a high stick...   The refs should have caught it, it was pretty obvious...

The refs will review that goal and see the mistake during the intermission . However, the refs aren’t the issue. We need to start driving and dictating play. The refereeing will follow suit when we do that. Right now we’re waiting for / letting them come at us. Need to change the scenario. 

NEW CATEGORY: In addition to Coach's Challenge for "Off-side" and "Interference on the Goalkeeper", a third category will allow for the Coach's Challenge of goal calls on the ice that follow plays in the Offensive Zone that should have resulted in a play stoppage, but did not.

This change will allow Challenges of plays that may involve pucks that hit the spectator netting, pucks that are high-sticked to a teammate in the offensive zone, pucks that have gone out of play but are subsequently touched in the offensive zone and hand passes that precede without a play stoppage and ultimately conclude in the scoring of a goal. Plays that entail "discretionary stoppages" (e.g. penalty calls) will not be subject to a Coach's Challenge.

Coach's Challenges for these types of plays (and for "Off-Side" Challenges) will only be available if the puck does not come out of the attacking zone between the time of the "missed" infraction and the time the goal is scored.

So, I think it doesn't meet the conditions.  Didn;t occur in the O zone

Landeskog gets an assist by high sticking the puck to Rantanan.

The worse calls in the NHL occur in AVS games.

We have a coaches challenges because of a completely blown call in an AVS game years ago.

I believe the AVS benefitted from that one too.

We have trouble with Colorado's speed and pace, we panic when we get the puck and we end up chasing the Avalanche around. Need to calm down and start dictating the pace ourselves.