The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
JTech780

Oct. 3rd Calgary Flames at Colorado Avelanche

Just now, lou44291 said:

I don’t mind it. Who would you rather? (Since Lindholm just finished killing a pk)

I think it is a perfect time to get Bennett some minutes with high end players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Zadorov loves to play like a tough guy till a real tough guy shows up. Dirty hit and then turtles. Good on Lucic for standing up for Czarnik. Zadorov should be kicked out of the game.

Good to have a guy like Looch that can do that...   I would rather he was in the box than someone like Tkachuk...

How the refs call the penalties a wash on that play baffles me...

20 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

Why was the whistle blown there? Did grabauer freeze the puck? Johnny was pushed in...

Love your avatar.  Well done, he was all class and sorely missed.

On the game, that penalty they just called was ridiculous.  Officiating already this year is all over the place.

• Like 1

Reffing is terrible. Benefiting the Flames as much as Colorado. But it's making the game unwatchable. 

• Like 1

How does Jankowski let that puck get through the seam?

Big goal by Giordano.

3 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I think it is a perfect time to get Bennett some minutes with high end players.

I agree there - but wasn’t Bennett on the pk as well? Hopefully we do see Benny there. 

7 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

I don’t mind it. Who would you rather? (Since Lindholm just finished killing a pk)

literally anyone else. 

Lucic is is no threat and kills plays. 

2 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

I agree there - but wasn’t Bennett on the pk as well? Hopefully we do see Benny there. 

That's true. Maybe Czarnik or Mangiapane, then? Czarnik with his shot and being right handed could be deadly with those two.

Honestly I like a lot about their game. The breakouts are a problem as is the PK but lots of positives. 

Had to weather the storm but against a good team in their home opener that’s not a surprise

Kylington on pace for 11 mins tonight, the fact that he doesn't play on either of the special teams has a lot to do with it, but it would be nice if he could get more time or if the team could get a defenseman for that spot that the coaches trust to play on a regular shift.

Hallelujah Lucic,  great to have a guy who can step in.  Good riddance Neal!!

SB - looking good

Frolik, Jank, Czarnik - ouch

Rittich - good

Mangi - good

Lindholm - good

Need to get Bennett out there more, he is playing well. 1 assisst, 3 hits. I would move Bennett up to the 2nd line for the 3rd and move Frolik down to the 3rd line.

I like the intensity of game 1..our big dogs have stepped up so far..just need to play a disciplined 3rd here. 

The calls have been have typical for this time of year. Every year the refs take a week or 2 to adjust..Flames just need em to go their way. Rittich has been good, our 2nd line not so much. Lucic already mixing it up is great but his a$$ is slow!

The Backlund line is getting taken to town tonight. The Ryan line wasn't playing well, but improved when Lucic was replaced by Mangiapane on that line.

4 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Puck out of play penalty?

I think it has to go straight out. Went off the goalie paddle 

Jankowski needs to start training with Monahan, he has a good shot but he isn't accurate at all.

That should be a tripping penalty there on the trip on Ryan, it doesn't matter if you get puck first, Nieto tripped Ryan.

2 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

I think it has to go straight out. Went off the goalie paddle 

Yeah you are right.