The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ Stars 6:30pm Oct 10

4 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Somebody should call for a measurement on Bishop's pads, I know he is tall, but his pads look ridiculous.

Bishop is 6'7"...   His pads are 6'9"...

Lots of situations where Flames don't touch the puck and are taken out of the play.

No calls.

Somebody needs to lose it.

Adversity is a good thing. Fight back. GFG 

it’s also worth mentioning Stone is having a solid, sound game tonight. 

Bennett is a liability. Bad penalty against LA left us short handed in OT. Stupid play at the offensive blue line while his D is changing costs us a goal. Terrible awareness and no IQ. When he gains confidence he just gets dumber. Worse then replacement level. Makes the team worse. 

4th PP for Dallas, Calgary with 0, there has to be some PP's coming for Calgary in the 3rd.

7 minutes ago, kehatch said:

Bennett is a liability. Bad penalty against LA left us short handed in OT. Stupid play at the offensive blue line while his D is changing costs us a goal. Terrible awareness and no IQ. When he gains confidence he just gets dumber. Worse then replacement level. Makes the team worse. 

Given the last two games, I would not be surprised to see Bennett sit for Czarnik.

Not that Czarnik is better, but his mistales are fewer and farther between.

BP did say that Czarnik would get in soon. 

Marleau signed for $700k and has two goals tonight.

They managed to get him signed even though they were not going to.

Bennett takes some dumb penalties, but I’m not going to jump all over him tonight. Dallas is doing the exact same thing and getting away with it. In fact, most of the league gets away with that. Take a look at the Gaudreau holding penalty. In the replay of the call you clearly see the Dallas player whack his hands twice. Johnny gets the hold for protecting himself from another whack. 

Toe drag? Ya. Would’ve been a beauty if he got through. Satoshi Nakamoto happens. What was he going to do otherwise? Get run over or dump it in the corner? He’s one of the few players on our team that challenge for the middle of the ice. Crappy outcome. 

Not sure we’re going to get any calls at this rate. Gotta make our own luck. GFG

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

Bennett takes some dumb penalties, but I’m not going to jump all over him tonight. Dallas is doing the exact same thing and getting away with it. In fact, most of the league gets away with that. Take a look at the Gaudreau holding penalty. In the replay of the call you clearly see the Dallas player whack his hands twice. Johnny gets the hold for protecting himself from another whack. 

Toe drag? Ya. Would’ve been a beauty if he got through. Satoshi Nakamoto happens. What was he going to do otherwise? Get run over or dump it in the corner? He’s one of the few players on our team that challenge for the middle of the ice. Crappy outcome. 

Not sure we’re going to get any calls at this rate. Gotta make our own luck. GFG

Agreed. I don't have a problem with the toe drag. I have a bigger problem with Lucic water skiing behind his guy to the net. 

Flames arnt playing poorly. Could be cleaner which would allow more speed and probaabky net then some more PPs but it's been a real good effort from start to finish. 

• Like 1

Just now, cross16 said:

Agreed. I don't have a problem with the toe drag. I have a bigger problem with Lucic water skiing behind his guy to the net. 

Me too. Thought he was a little soft on that back check. I am liking his physical effort tho. I’m anticipating it gets even better as the season moves forward. 

3 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

People jump on a player for that all the time.

Get pucks in deep unless you are sure.

50/50 play and the forwards are at the line going the other way.

Yes, it would have been nice if he executed, but he wasn;t alone, one on one.

There was another couple of players to go through.

cap won't allow it but Dube should be here over Jankowski. Guy has been flat out awful this season. 

0-2 in the 3rd with Bishop isn;t a good place to be.

When was the last time we scored against Bishop?

He's SHUT OUT the Flames for a long time.

Ooops, did I say shutout?

Just now, travel_dude said:

Call that expected.

Assist to the refs.

Well, to be fair, JH's was actually the right call.

TD, I rewound JH’s high stick penalty 6 times and never saw his stick come up. Could’ve been the angle, but, it gave me reason to question if the Dallas players butt end caught him in his own face after JH engages his stick. 

About time we get a PP.

Man we like to make blind passes to no one this season.

Nice goal Lindholm. Last season was no fluke.

Just now, lou44291 said:

TD, I rewound JH’s high stick penalty 6 times and never saw his stick come up. Could’ve been the angle, but, it gave me reason to question if the Dallas players butt end caught him in his own face after JH engages his stick. 

It looked to me like the follow through, but who knows.