The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ Knights 8pm 0ct 12

Cassie, you don;t need Stone on the 3rd pairing for a vet presence.

Brodie provides that.

Might also allow Brodie to play on his prefered side if Kylington was there.

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Cassie, you don;t need Stone on the 3rd pairing for a vet presence.

Brodie provides that.

Might also allow Brodie to play on his prefered side if Kylington was there.

Only thing scarier than a Brodie-Stone pairing would be a Kylington-Brodie pairing, no thank you.

1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

Only thing scarier than a Brodie-Stone pairing would be a Kylington-Brodie pairing, no thank you.

Brodie more comfortable on RD.

Stone is useless.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Brodie more comfortable on RD.

Stone is useless.

IMO that 6th defensemen is still the weakest link in this team and needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.

I would look at Mark Pysyk in Florida. Another name that I would consider is Gudbranson but that would require trading Frolik, or getting Pittsburgh to eat salary and trading Jankowski and Czarnik for Gudbranson.

Gudbranson is definitely not a new school defenseman, but he brings size and snarl two things we could use on the back end especially come playoff time.

Good chance by Rieder, and a shot that missed from the slot by Lindholm is really the only dangerous plays by Calgary. 

Sure seems like we start to panic when teams forecheck hard.

20 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

IMO that 6th defensemen is still the weakest link in this team and needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.

I would look at Mark Pysyk in Florida. Another name that I would consider is Gudbranson but that would require trading Frolik, or getting Pittsburgh to eat salary and trading Jankowski and Czarnik for Gudbranson.

Gudbranson is definitely not a new school defenseman, but he brings size and snarl two things we could use on the back end especially come playoff time.

Have to disagree there, in fact I think our top 7 D are just fine. Problems lie elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

Have to disagree there, in fact I think our top 7 D are just fine. Problems lie elsewhere.

Kylington has not been very good and the coach doesn't trust him to play a regular shift as he is averaging under 12 mins a night.

Stone was terrible last game and is off to a bad start tonight.

Neither are NHL caliber defensemen.

Really like seeing Monahan taking charge and leading the rush more this season.

Live the celebration by Rittich.

Calgary was really slow on the backcheck. Tkachuk with the bad read on the attempted hit. 

What were Jankowski and Stone doing on that goal?

So the 6th defenseman and 4th center need to be upgraded.

Gio could’ve got called for that stick... gotta admit when one goes in our favour if I’m going to complain about the reffing. 

Smart play by stastny to cut to the middle and use hammer as a screen. Ritter almost had it. 

Not blaming Rittich by any stretch of the imagination but I think Talbot should have started this game. Rittich has seen a lot pucks early this season.

Even though they didn't score that might have been the best the 2nd unit has looked in two seasons.