The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flyers @ Flames 7pm Oct 15

b015c08d5c66b056b0179f2491cd9887.png            VS     72807fa5befb6c93ee7e5ebf6a9b08df.png

Oct. 15th 7pm

06251ff3dfde8184a91e29e80d90b32a.png          15f0df911aed0335d7c295d312815bb3.png

Home at the Dome

100ef926f6689cfb554d8f468e5a6a03.png

• Like 7

projected_top.jpg

0583dde10b61586f3514e66e1600f206.png

0f023d9e99b5601ffeebe6f4d78ce08f.png                                     16fcc77cb719fedb19deaa982f346306.png

GOALTENDERS

dcf110e6b5ef669b3632faac40cdd796.png

• Like 5

A few observations from the loss to the Sharks...

- The 3M line was looking better...   So was Backlund, 81% possession at ES, attempts 17-4 with him on the ice, with 9 attempts and 3 high danger chances...

- Bennett and Lucic were a possession sinkhole at 5v5 on the same line...

• Like 1

Just keep these lines together already and let's find our consistency. Rather than going, "must win" every game, must find consistency.

Don't want complacency, but that's more game 20. We came in with a plan, and BP's been grinding that plan from day 1. That's what bothers me. lol

Things balance out Billy, if you give them time.

36 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Just keep these lines together already and let's find our consistency. Rather than going, "must win" every game, must find consistency.

Don't want complacency, but that's more game 20. We came in with a plan, and BP's been grinding that plan from day 1. That's what bothers me. lol

Things balance out Billy, if you give them time.

I actually prefer the current lines.

Not because they are better, but because thre players that have played well are on one line.

Bennett and Janko has a bit of chemistry last year, so hoping they can do something.

Lucic-Ryan-Mangiapane will be a weird line.

Two guys that can skae and decent at retrieving the puck and Lucic, who can hold the puck.

Maybe they can stick with that for a bit.

That is the hope here.

Not feeling great about this matchup tbh...I could see Philly being a bit of a handful tonight. Great opportunity for the Flames to get back on the winning side of things but they’ve been inconsistent to start. Would love to see Lucic contribute offensively tonight...getting tired of hearing all about Neal lol 

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

I look forward to 4th liner Bunnaman from the Flyers. See where he's at. Good young player.

And shellacking Elliot.

Brian Elliot’s last game as a Flame ended in embarrassing fashion at the Dome so I’m sure there’s a psychological element to his game if he starts today. Vigneault has them playing some decent hockey to start the year. Should be pretty fast paced out there, Flames will need to be ready for all 3 periods. 

Time to get back into the win column.

No free games in this league, gotta bring your best every night.
Wonder if FF52 is watching?

Cheers to Flyerfan!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I look forward to 4th liner Bunnaman from the Flyers. See where he's at. Good young player.

And shellacking Elliot.

He's scratched to bring in Chris Stewart.

Nice to see Elliot in net!!

Time to trade Bennett, they have destroyed him.  He deserved more to start the season after last years playoffs

Backlund still letting everyone down.  

Was talking to an Oilers fan about their success on the PP.

One thing the Oilers do is cross-crease passes.

Neal has scored the majority of his PP goals on those.

I find it strange that we are incapable of that.