The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Wings @ Flames 7pm Oct 17

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

What a lucky goal lol

It’s nice to get a crazy bounce for us for a change eh?

SO they reviewed to pick up the penalty call they missed?

Dumb review concept.

Almost every slash has something that occured before the play is called. 

Lindholm deserved a penalty, but I don't think the refs can call one retroactively after looking at their tablet. That smells fishy.

Just now, JTech780 said:

Lindholm deserved a penalty, but I don't think the refs can call one retroactively after looking at their tablet. That smells fishy.

Agreed. I don’t think they can review anything other than the major penalty act. 

Just now, conundrumed said:

We should trade for Helm.

Why? He two hands Lindholm and then doesn't answer the bell with Hamonic, that's pretty lame and quite honestly I lost a lot of respect for him after that. I liked Helm before that.

Detroit has been the dirtiest team in the league going back to the 90's, yet they manage to have this reputation as a classy organization, which allows them to get away with a ton of crap.

11 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Why? He two hands Lindholm and then doesn't answer the bell with Hamonic, that's pretty lame and quite honestly I lost a lot of respect for him after that. I liked Helm before that.

What bell is there to answer? Lindholm with the elbow, Helm letting him know. 

I know you want the 60 min effort and the domination etc etc, but the fact the flames have shown they can crank their game up when they need to should give a lot of optimism. 

rest can be ironed out. 

Personally, I’d like to see the league employ a rule where any egregious act is suspendable for the duration of the injury and recovery of the victimized player. I imagine we’d see less stick work, and fewer hits from behind when a player is in a vulnerable position. 

• Like 2

Ya let’s not let Lindholm off the hook here. Imo what he did is way dirtier. I have zero tolerance for cheap shots to the head. 

if anyone got suspended (which no one should) it should be Lindholm. 

I lost a lot of respect for Lindholm as well with the elbow, but a dirty two handed isn't how you respond to being elbowed, challenge Lindholm to a fight. Then when Hamonic drops his gloves he needs to answer that bell.

• Like 1

Lindholm hit helm first, yes, but if you watch the replay again you’ll see Lindholms intent wasn’t to hit helm in the head. He thought helm was going to engage him and he threw a hit to protect himself. Still, the outcome wasn’t good despite the lack of intent.