Jump to content
The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ Ducks 7pm Oct 20

Recommended Posts

Talbot doing Talbot things.

We can;t even get a PP against this CLEAN team.

Oh, well.  They have only called 2 marginal calls on the Flames tonight.

Progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two penalties against the Ducks on that last shift, neither called of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talbot! He’s played a good game. 
 

there should’ve been a trip on the other end there, I think it was Tkachuk who was tripped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Another dive from the Ducks. 

 

How long till we figure out that putting your stick in guys feet ends in a penalty, no reason for Lindholm's stick to be there.

 

He actually tapped him in the waist, if he even connected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have been another tripping call on the Ducks as the defenseman dove in fro t of Reider in front of the net.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Should have been another tripping call on the Ducks as the defenseman dove in fro t of Reider in front of the net.

 

California teams get the benefit from the refs.

The Ducks are one of the dirtiest teams in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talbot was awesome. Goaltending is not the issue on this team.

 

IMO BP should have no hesitation to use Talbot, he’s been solid in both his starts. Rittich is great but when he plays 4 or more in a row he tends to have a let down. Let’s get Talbot some more starts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank Gord the Flames don;t have Smith as the backup.

The game he won last year in ANA was a lot of flopping around.

Talbot is calm like Rittich,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of things

 

1. Talbot played fantastic. Looked real good. 

2. Hockey Gods bailed us out many times with the Ducks shooting wide and whiffing on point blank shots

3. Monahan - I haven’t seen him be that physical since.... ever. 

4. Stone - hit the net 3 out of 4 shots, one resulting in a goal. 

5. Lucic - hussles, hits, and makes great tape to tape passes. Really liking where I see his game going. 

 

Nice to win in Anaheim. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

A couple of things

 

1. Talbot played fantastic. Looked real good. 

2. Hockey Gods bailed us out many times with the Ducks shooting wide and whiffing on point blank shots

3. Monahan - I haven’t seen him be that physical since.... ever. 

4. Stone - hit the net 3 out of 4 shots, one resulting in a goal. 

5. Lucic - hussles, hits, and makes great tape to tape passes. Really liking where I see his game going. 

 

Nice to win in Anaheim. 

 

I'm hoping this is a sign of good things to come.

We didn;t miss Bennett as much as I thought we would.

Full credit to Stone's offense.

 

To be honest, we had too many missed chances for my liking.

We should have had ar least 2 before the Dicks scored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, travel_dude said:

We didn;t miss Bennett as much as I thought we would.

 

I did. 😥 

 

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

We should have had ar least 2 before the Dicks scored.

 

:lol: Hahahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Was watching the Oilers game (thought the Flames games started at 8),

Neal hacked Schefele in the hands so hard Schefele dropped him glove and stick in severe pain.

Ref looked at him.

Did nothing.

And yet they call these one where a guy falls on his own.

Seems like nothing changes for the better.

Call me sceptical, but the league is probably thrilled perennial losers like the Oilers and Buffalo are off to hot starts.  It would not surprise me if there is a “wink, wink, nudge, nudge” bias against the Flames, and probably others too.  Oh, and btw, how in the heck does Getzlaf not get a penalty for bowling over Czarnik?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cccsberg said:

Call me sceptical, but the league is probably thrilled perennial losers like the Oilers and Buffalo are off to hot starts.  It would not surprise me if there is a “wink, wink, nudge, nudge” bias against the Flames, and probably others too.  Oh, and btw, how in the heck does Getzlaf not get a penalty for bowling over Czarnik?

 

Hey skeptical.

 

It's not the loser teams in general, it's inconsistent calls bteween and even in games.

Diving is becomming the norm.

Well, to be fair, a guy falls so it must be a trip.

You can get away with hacks, some nights.

Other nights you get called for hooking for nothing.

Trips are called a good defensive play unless it's marginal.

 

The refs are seeing it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we were lucky to win this one.  Early on, the Ducks missed 2 or 3 "sure goals" point blank.  Yes, Talbot was solid but it was also the Ducks lack of finish. The Flames hung in there and then turned it on in the third period to win it.

 

But wasn't a complete game effort I thought.  I felt the Ducks were the better team in the first and second periods.

 

Flames who stood out was Stone and Brodie.  Perhaps their best game together, ever.  Hope they continue to build chemistry.  Rasmus Anderson was pretty weak on the top pair with Giordano.  He wanders a lot.

 

Czarnik had a good game.

 

Lucic had an impact again.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The_People1 said:

I thought we were lucky to win this one.  Early on, the Ducks missed 2 or 3 "sure goals" point blank.  Yes, Talbot was solid but it was also the Ducks lack of finish. The Flames hung in there and then turned it on in the third period to win it.

 

But wasn't a complete game effort I thought.  I felt the Ducks were the better team in the first and second periods.

 

Flames who stood out was Stone and Brodie.  Perhaps their best game together, ever.  Hope they continue to build chemistry.  Rasmus Anderson was pretty weak on the top pair with Giordano.  He wanders a lot.

 

Czarnik had a good game.

 

Lucic had an impact again.

 

 

We missed a few as well.

 

Nobody likes to pick on the young stud, but where was he on the first goal against? If that was Stone caught out of position we would have heard about it on here until the cows came home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was a very good road win. They continued their habit of sleeping out of the first intermission but outside of that I thought they were the better team. Sure the Ducks missed some chances, but so did the Flames and Gibson was excellent. Thought those things evened out for me. The only part of the game that was a bit worrisome was the last 5 mins. Flames bled chances as the Ducks moutned a push. I expect the push so that's ok, but the quality given up was too high IMO. Lots of passes from low to high right in the slot and while Talbot was terrific, you have to defend better than that. That is getting pretty nit picky though given this was a B2B situation. 

 

I thought Czarnik made the 2nd line a little more dangerous so I'd like to see that experiment continue. Frolik on the 3rd made them a littl more safe in the dzone so from a match up perspective I like that flexibility. 

 

Lucic is actually a very good defender. I was surprised when I looked at those stats in the summer but the eye test is backing up it up. Through 2 zones I really like him, but once he crosses the blueline into the o-zone..... well let's say work to be done....

 

Pretty clear that Peters likes Jankowksi more than the fan base. Put him out for the final face off and despite some pretty terrible play IMO he keep using him in high spots. I don't think Jankow is going anywhere. 

 

Rasmus had a tough game for sure. Some pretty poor reads and he vacated his spot on multiple occasions. That being said i'm willing to give him a pass. First, he's young so he'll learn, but second i think it's tough on a young dman when you go from 3rd pairing to top line. Message is go impact the game so he's trying to and he needs to learn that his safe, steady game is what actually impacts the game not trying to do it all. Not a difficult message to learn and given his career trajectory to date, I'm very confident he'll learn it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's just me, but I felt the MMA line was getting it's head kicked in all night.

I don't fault them for the goal against, since it was the top line out there IIRC.

But there seemed to be too many good chances that were stopped by Talbot.

Great play on the GWG, but otherwise it seemed to be over their heads.

 

Maybe it's just a one game sample (Quine has that kind of history), but Bennett being out didn't have the big negative impact expected.

Quine was a spark.  

If he could do that for a stretch of games, he would stick on the roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DirtyDeeds said:

GDT's are a thankless job. Anyone who does them does not get paid.

Having done my fair share of GDT's I can say without any doubt that some days no one posts the lineups. This is especially true early on in the season.

 

Carty has pretty much stepped up to the plate every night. I would ask every one of you to press the like button at the bottom right corner of his posts. This is the only reward we can show/give him for his efforts each someday.

 

Go Carty.... errr

 

Go Flames !!!!

 

Thanks for the kind words Deeds...   I don't think a lot of people realize how long it takes to make a decent GDT...   and that is also the reason why most hockey forums have pretty simple and minimal info GDT's...   Your GDT's were always good, you set the standard...    :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cross16 said:

I thought it was a very good road win. They continued their habit of sleeping out of the first intermission but outside of that I thought they were the better team. Sure the Ducks missed some chances, but so did the Flames and Gibson was excellent. Thought those things evened out for me. The only part of the game that was a bit worrisome was the last 5 mins. Flames bled chances as the Ducks moutned a push. I expect the push so that's ok, but the quality given up was too high IMO. Lots of passes from low to high right in the slot and while Talbot was terrific, you have to defend better than that. That is getting pretty nit picky though given this was a B2B situation. 

 

I thought Czarnik made the 2nd line a little more dangerous so I'd like to see that experiment continue. Frolik on the 3rd made them a littl more safe in the dzone so from a match up perspective I like that flexibility. 

 

Lucic is actually a very good defender. I was surprised when I looked at those stats in the summer but the eye test is backing up it up. Through 2 zones I really like him, but once he crosses the blueline into the o-zone..... well let's say work to be done....

 

Pretty clear that Peters likes Jankowksi more than the fan base. Put him out for the final face off and despite some pretty terrible play IMO he keep using him in high spots. I don't think Jankow is going anywhere. 

 

Rasmus had a tough game for sure. Some pretty poor reads and he vacated his spot on multiple occasions. That being said i'm willing to give him a pass. First, he's young so he'll learn, but second i think it's tough on a young dman when you go from 3rd pairing to top line. Message is go impact the game so he's trying to and he needs to learn that his safe, steady game is what actually impacts the game not trying to do it all. Not a difficult message to learn and given his career trajectory to date, I'm very confident he'll learn it. 

 

To be fair Jankowski had 21 CF to 9 CA, that's a 70% C%. His SCF 10, SCA 2, HDCF 3 HDCA 1.

 

I have been hard on Jankowski but since his healthy scratch his underlying have been very strong. 

 

If he keeps playing strong defensively and keeping the puck in the offensive zone I will be just fine with him, especially in a 4th line role.

 

I think where people have issues with Jankowski, myself included, is that he shows the tools to do much more on the ice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

 

To be fair Jankowski had 21 CF to 9 CA, that's a 70% C%. His SCF 10, SCA 2, HDCF 3 HDCA 1.

 

I have been hard on Jankowski but since his healthy scratch his underlying have been very strong. 

 

If he keeps playing strong defensively and keeping the puck in the offensive zone I will be just fine with him, especially in a 4th line role.

 

I think where people have issues with Jankowski, myself included, is that he shows the tools to do much more on the ice.

 

That's fair and to correct myself the "pretty terrible" part referred more to his start to the year and not last night. i do agree he played well last night. 

 

I've just been surprised that after such a bad start to the year when Backlund went down Janko got elevated and then last night in a tight spot he used Janko. Just appears to me that Peters impression of him is different than mine. I have my issues with Jankowski too which is why i'm surprised to see Peters use him the way he does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...