The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Caps @ Flames 7pm Oct 22

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

I feel like we get this every 20-30 games. As soon as the team isn’t playing as well as they’d like he tries to do everything himself

just happening earlier this season than previous seasons. 

It's not just that, he is giving up on the puck and plays in situations he normally wouldn't. He has been super soft on the puck. He hasn't been coming back as hard on the back check either. What I see is a player who lacks the desire to be difference maker right now.

He looks more scared of contact than usual.

11 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

It's not just that, he is giving up on the puck and plays in situations he normally wouldn't. He has been super soft on the puck. He hasn't been coming back as hard on the back check either. What I see is a player who lacks the desire to be difference maker right now.

He looks more scared of contact than usual.

ya I’m not seeing this the same. 

I will say I do think it’s time to split up the top line at least to start a game and split up Mony-Johnny. Need to break some habits. 

11 hours ago, cfreining said:

Flames start the patern that the first shot of the second period is in...

They have to stop this!

That was the strangest goal.  Ovechkin skates by the net, no shot, into the corner, meanwhile Talbot seemed to freeze, looking up towards the dot, a couple feet off the post, and didn't move for at least 2-3 seconds till after the goal went into basically an open net from the boards.  Oh my, the commentators wondered aloud if he had snow in his mask and I was wondering if there was a medical issue?  That was not just bad goaltending, that was a "problem" of some sort.  Anyone notice similar?  Any goaltenders out there have an insight, like mental imaging.....?  

OK, I see above comment now..... snow spray?  Wow, talk about a gimme, that was too bad.

10 hours ago, JTech780 said:

See that drives me crazy Gaudreau gets tripped there no call. Ryan barely touched a guy and he goes flying into the net on an obvious dive, two minutes for Ryan.

Both are weak, but if you are going to call one you have to call the other.

Just a continuation of the apparent/observable reffing bias we've seen so far this year.

16 hours ago, cfreining said:

A great GDT Carty. Vielen Dank für deinen Einsatz.

Thanks cfreining...

16 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Everyone who posts on these GDG's should give "likes" to Carty and whomever else steps up.

Thanks td...   and thanks to everyone else for the "likes"...