The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Heritage Classic Flames vs Jets 8pm Oct 26

5 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Typical.

Marginal call that always goes against us.

Like you said, no call for the reach on Bennett but they’ll call that 

This team is play has been so up and down. Really couldn’t care for the sloppy classic game bs...it’s effect wore off years ago. I really don’t want to start feeling complacent with that “atleast we got a point” attitude this season 

Ah Bullocks ... not the outcome we wanted, but I can’t say we really pushed the play enough in that third. You get out what you put in. 

Good night y’all. It’s 1am here in Leaftario. 

Face offs and possession are so key in OT so Ryan out there makes sense. Lindholm and Backlund got used killing off a BS penalty. 

just poor execution by both Ryan and Tkachuk. Soft effort. 

I really hope the nhl ends this outdoor games soon. The quality is just not good. I thought they flames were really good for about 45-50 mins and then they let the Jets take over and come back. 

9 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

That was Chuckys guy, not Ryan's. What the Blockchain was with that line up anyway. 

3 on 3.

C has defensive responsibility when he loses the draw.

Post PK line that wasn;t well thought out.

Should have been Monahan and Gaudreau.

I would have settled for literally any ohter C out there. 

3 on 3 is man to man. Ryan has Little but tkachuk peeled like he was going to follow Little so Ryan switched and it was too late. Miscommunication that is not entirely Ryan’s fault. My guess is the play was Ryan on to win the draw to Brodie and then skate off for a change. 

What a terrible game to watch. I get why they do the outdoor games, but the only ones I have watched since they have started doing them are the two the Calgary has played in. The quality of the game is so bogged down that barely resembles NHL hockey.

The Flames tried to play it safe in the 3rd, and given the conditions it's hard to blame them. Bad clearing attempt by Frolik lead to the tying goal.

Bad communication and just a terribly timed slide by Brodie lead the OT winner. 

Since Kylington came back and played I am guessing nothing will happen to Lowry, who will get off scott free. Should have been a 5 minute major. 

Have to feel bad for Bennett 2 games in a row now where he is getting called for bogus penalties, he is getting reputation penalties.

I liked the new look lines for the most part.

I wonder if Quine getting the out door game over Jankowski, will be a wake up call for Jankowski.

I went to the game.

Hard to watch a hockey game in a football stadium but it looked like a very low quality game. Had the feel of a low scoring game from the start given the amount of snow on the ice. Some nice moments, but once again took way too many penalties 

I missed the game live but saw the extended highlights on youtube.

I felt Brodie played the 2-on-1 wrong.  Ryan was 2 full strides behind and Brodie misread it.  Brodie should've played the pass instead of sliding over to challenge the shooter.

In regards to the game, the camera angle looked brutal.  Why don't they experiment with an overhead drone hovering maybe 20m over the ice?  Who decided to go with a fixed camera from 500 meters away at a sharp angle.  You can buy a drone on Amazon and mod it with transparent parts for maybe $500.  Mini-drones are available at Walmart for under $100.  An open roof stadium would be the perfect place to try something like this.

8 hours ago, The_People1 said:

I missed the game live but saw the extended highlights on youtube.

I felt Brodie played the 2-on-1 wrong.  Ryan was 2 full strides behind and Brodie misread it.  Brodie should've played the pass instead of sliding over to challenge the shooter.

In regards to the game, the camera angle looked brutal.  Why don't they experiment with an overhead drone hovering maybe 20m over the ice?  Who decided to go with a fixed camera from 500 meters away at a sharp angle.  You can buy a drone on Amazon and mod it with transparent parts for maybe $500.  Mini-drones are available at Walmart for under $100.  An open roof stadium would be the perfect place to try something like this.

The football strategy is using a camera on guide wires, and the views are better than oblique.

Maybe the effect in a hockey game would not work, but they are able to focus on the play a lot better.

As for Brodie, he misplayed it completely.

Doing his best Russell impression.

Regardless of whose man Little was, Ryan played it like he was out for a leisurely skate.

Regarding the lines, WTF?

Mangiapane-Monahan-Bennett was the "2nd" line, yet Monahan played 19, Bennett 15 and Mange 11?

What was up with playing Ryan in OT with Tkachuk?

Flames had just finished killing off a penalty and were going back to 3 on 3.

Ryan had struggles the entire night to win a draw.

Monahan and Gaudreau starting in the O-zone seemed to be a natural choice.

Especially given they had sat the last 2 minutes of OT waiting to get on.

Lowry has a meeting with Player Safety.

Wasn't serious enough for a major, but it's fine/suspension worthy?

Okay refs, I get you.

7 hours ago, JTech780 said:
50768713f72ef842381d4af81364dc9d.png

Sounds about right 

Add a few punches to Lowry's face from Lucic and then call it even...