The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

Looks like his glove crossed the red line with the puck in there.  Just saying.  Great effort though.

I don't think it does. I was impressed enough with how quick he got across on the first save.

On 11/3/2019 at 12:12 PM, JTech780 said:

How did we get this guy in the 7th round?

Is Wolf on the radar for the WJC for the USA?

57 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Is Wolf on the radar for the WJC for the USA?

I believe so, doubtful he starts ahead of Knight though.

12 hours ago, sak22 said:

I believe so, doubtful he starts ahead of Knight though.

What exactly has Knight done so far?

Meh results.

Gillies had better numbers in college.

The Scouts say Wolf doesn't have pro type size. Well, someone else was 6' and165 pounds and his name was Patrick Roy. To lead the WHL last year as a 17 year old is impressive as heck.

This kid is a terrific prospect. I said it in June and I'll say it again, I'd have been thrilled of the Flames took him in the 3rd round, 7th round looks like it could be the steal of the draft

Dustin Wolf really does look good so far.   I would like to see him take thing up one level although I realize it's hard to do that when he's already the best in his league.

23 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

Dustin Wolf really does look good so far.   I would like to see him take thing up one level although I realize it's hard to do that when he's already the best in his league.

Classic case of a player looking great at a young age.

Too young to play in the AHL next season.

Too bad there wasn't another option for him.

Maybe play in the Swiss league?

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Classic case of a player looking great at a young age.

Too young to play in the AHL next season.

Too bad there wasn't another option for him.

Maybe play in the Swiss league?

Yeah they need to review those rules.     His situation is a bit different too because of his size.    I generally feel that smaller goalies are not given a fair chance due to a recent perception about them.    He'd a US citizen....not sure if that opens up any possibilities

21 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

Yeah they need to review those rules.     His situation is a bit different too because of his size.    I generally feel that smaller goalies are not given a fair chance due to a recent perception about them.    He'd a US citizen....not sure if that opens up any possibilities

I think he's different from those drafted from a US development league (like Seiloff).

He was drafted while playing for a WHL team.

41 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I think he's different from those drafted from a US development league (like Seiloff).

He was drafted while playing for a WHL team.

ok.   well that sucks.   I'm cool with him being the WHL this year, he still has a Lot to prove in the playoffs and i still think there's room to step it up a bit.

But assuming he does prove what we want him to in the playoffs....

1 hour ago, jjgallow said:

ok.   well that sucks.   I'm cool with him being the WHL this year, he still has a Lot to prove in the playoffs and i still think there's room to step it up a bit.

But assuming he does prove what we want him to in the playoffs....

He could join the Heat (I think) on an ATO once the season is done.

I don't know that would be good, other than him getting the chance to work with our goalie coach.  Yikes.

51 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

He could join the Heat (I think) on an ATO once the season is done.

I don't know that would be good, other than him getting the chance to work with our goalie coach.  Yikes.

Well that's the other issue yes.   Maybe it'll be resolved next year though, can always hope

I really like this kid and I sincerely believe that the size will not be much of an issue.

With the smaller equipment on goalies these days it's more about athleticism and vision than just being a big shot-blocker.

Juuse Saros is a good young goalie and I think he's only 5'11"