The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Yotes @ Flames 7pm Nov 5

6 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

This team is guilty of being too cute with their passes at times.

As a coach it's a tough line to walk between letting them have to the freedom to be creative and clamping down and keeping the game simple. 

The key words I heard a lot when Peters was hired, was situational awareness, at times it seems like this team lacks it.

just manage the blue lines. I’ll tolerate some turnovers but at both blue lines you have to keep it simple. Turnovers in transition tend to lead the other way. 

I thought they responded well after the goal, other than Brodie's bonehead pass at the blue line.

I think we have one shot on net so far during two power plays. The urgency isn’t there. A 2 minute power play = a 2 minute vacation for this group. The words “buy in” have been used more than a few times on the program tonight, and maybe those words signify what is currently lacking in this group. 

Calgary is 0 for their last 11 PP's.

Watching other teams on the PP, they do a much better job at opening up the slot, Calgary is terrible at getting their best goal scorer open looks on the PP. Monahan has just 4 shots on the PP this season, that is a huge problem.

22 minutes ago, cross16 said:

just manage the blue lines. I’ll tolerate some turnovers but at both blue lines you have to keep it simple. Turnovers in transition tend to lead the other way. 

To your point, we have made at least 3 turnovers at the Blueline a leading to scoring chances/goal.

Johnny is talented enough to create opportunities each and every game, but boy is he ever struggling, his passes are just a hair off and he just looks to be lacking confidence

I don't know if Frolik is frustrated this season, but he is taking a lot of dumb penalties this year.

Has Jankowski hit the net yet this season.

Hamonic panicked with very little pressure on him.

Janko and Gio both have missed the net on glorious chances. Arizona doesn’t give up many good chances so need to at least hit the net and give yourself a chance 

I don’t think the flames are playing poorly. They are just thinking too much and taking penalties. If they would simplify their game and limit the turnovers they can get back in the game. 

23 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

I think we have one shot on net so far during two power plays. The urgency isn’t there. A 2 minute power play = a 2 minute vacation for this group. The words “buy in” have been used more than a few times on the program tonight, and maybe those words signify what is currently lacking in this group. 

🤣 True enough.

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I don’t think the flames are playing poorly. They are just thinking too much and taking penalties. If they would simplify their game and limit the turnovers they can get back in the game. 

Arizona might be the hardest working team in the league, and if you take your foot off the gas at all they will make you pay. We are guilty of taking the foot off the gas too often during games, tonight is no different.

PP time.

Let's see if they can get some decent chances down low.

I am really tired of seeing Brodie on the 2nd unit.

Very little creativity.

Perhaps if they kept Ras near the point instead of the half boards they might get a shot on net.