Jump to content
The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Yotes @ Flames 7pm Nov 5

Recommended Posts

That is literally Noah Hanifin in one shift.

offensive promise, incredible skating ability, and then a dumb decision to skate the puck directly into trouble....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m more impressed by that win than the Nashville game. Nashville they finally decided to show up. Tonight I thought they just stuck with it. Believed in what they were doing and just kept going despite what happened, just kept at it. 
 

these are the types of games That can get a team going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to give them credit, this is a game that could have easily gotten away from them, but that kept grinding away and got the W.

 

The Coyotes are going to frustrate a lot of teams this year. They might not have the top end talent, but they work hard and stick to their system.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Have to give them credit, this is a game that could have easily gotten away from them, but that kept grinding away and got the W.

 

The Coyotes are going to frustrate a lot of teams this year. They might not have the top end talent, but they work hard and stick to their system.

 

 

 

Puck-in-the-head Garland has 7 EV goals this year.

Part timer last year.

He was the guy that scored a goal last year on the Oilers off his head.

Ended up cut, but scored a second goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta be good to be lucky and they were good to finish the game. Good lucky goal for Tkachuk!

 

big game Dave kept us in there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill Peters Was not i mean not happy with that game win or not he was not please with the defensive effort in that game and said it was gonna be a interesting conversation tonight and tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The_Snowbear said:

Bill Peters Was not i mean not happy with that game win or not he was not please with the defensive effort in that game and said it was gonna be a interesting conversation tonight and tomorrow

About 5 minutes left in the game I had a rnat going that I was going to post, they turn around and win. I am with Peters on this. Its time for  some Hash Rate kicking of reality. We have guys on this club that once again are passengers. Not sure whats going on but it does need to stop and stop now. This whole year has been half Hash Rate efforts and stupid penalties cause of laziness and being in the wrong position or bad bad decisions. The d pairing went in the blender last night. I will once again advocate that you need to move Brodie he is absolute waste of a jersey. For the growing pains we have with KIlly is a far better option than Brodie. Even last night in the over time, Backs instead of stop and stay on your guy he takes this huge flyby and allows them an odd man rush, this is the Satoshi Nakamoto that drives me mental. Give PHX some credit for the most part they are engaged. SOuld be a fun morning. This win is bullSatoshi Nakamoto luck and its happening far to often. IMHO either step up or I find you a new home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad Peters was upset. I prefer to coaches to get upset and nitpick wins as opposed to loses so you can try and keep a team motivated. The danger in a win like last night, and any comeback, is that the team takes away from the game that they can win that way going forward. Want the message to instead be if we play better earlier in the game and clean things up we don't need those comebacks. 

 

I'm not as down on the performance itself though i thought they were actually playing a pretty solid game all things considered. I said it earlier in the game that with the way things were going I thought they just needed to make smarter plays and limit the turnovers and they'd get back in there and that's what they did. I thought they were all over the Coyotes in the 3rd period. 

 

Definetly interesting to see Peters lean so much on Hanifin though. Not saying I disagree with it, I just thought the timing was interesting. with it looking like the flames may not have Brodie or hamonic next year I wonder if that start to dictate some of the pairs and ice time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cross16 said:

 

 

Definetly interesting to see Peters lean so much on Hanifin though. Not saying I disagree with it, I just thought the timing was interesting. with it looking like the flames may not have Brodie or hamonic next year I wonder if that start to dictate some of the pairs and ice time. 

 

 

I do wonder if they are seeing who on the back end can carry the mail a bit if they decide to move a Brodie or Hamonic this year.

 

I was encouraged to see the Hanifin-Andersson pairing. That's the 2nd pairing I want to see going forward. 

 

Not sure how I feel about Kylington playing with Brodie.

 

It does seem like if someone gets demoted down the pairs, it is usually Brodie, so I do wonder if he is going to be around for long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

 

I do wonder if they are seeing who on the back end can carry the mail a bit if they decide to move a Brodie or Hamonic this year.

 

I was encouraged to see the Hanifin-Andersson pairing. That's the 2nd pairing I want to see going forward. 

 

Not sure how I feel about Kylington playing with Brodie.

 

It does seem like if someone gets demoted down the pairs, it is usually Brodie, so I do wonder if he is going to be around for long.

 

would make sense to do it now, even just to test it here and there. I liked Hanifin-Andersson and honestly liked them more than Gio-Andersson as i've kind of soured on Gio-Andersson. I don't think long term that's the best Gio fit but I was encouraged by those 2 as a 2nd pairing moving forward. 

 

I think I read this somewhere that it was mentioned on Insider Trading that Flames and Brodie's rep have held talks and are not close. Between that and the fact they have shopped him I would agree he's likely gone. I also think the fact that Hamonic has been a staple on trade board lists the last 8-9 months and the fact that his reps have said no to talking that the Flames may be preparing for him to leave too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

 

I do wonder if they are seeing who on the back end can carry the mail a bit if they decide to move a Brodie or Hamonic this year.

 

I was encouraged to see the Hanifin-Andersson pairing. That's the 2nd pairing I want to see going forward. 

 

Not sure how I feel about Kylington playing with Brodie.

 

It does seem like if someone gets demoted down the pairs, it is usually Brodie, so I do wonder if he is going to be around for long.

 

Between Gio-Brodie and Gio-Hamonic, I would lean towards Gio-Brodie, as the pair covers mostly for each's mistakes.

Gio-Hamonic seemed to be a step behind every shift.

Watching Hamonic skate back on the 2-1 was painful.  Hamonic was taking two strides for every four of the other player.

 

I was also pleasantly surprised with Hanifin-Ras, as they didn't do as well last year.

 

They should have been trying out Kylington-Hamonic to see what they were capable of.

Planning for next season or just having different looks this season; they need to do this.

I actually think there might be some benefit to doing this.

Kylington is more apt to get back quicker after gaining the zone.

His skating can also make up for Hamonic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

 

It does seem like if someone gets demoted down the pairs, it is usually Brodie, so I do wonder if he is going to be around for long.

 

For the record, I felt this "demotion" was a direct result of Brodie's play early in the game and on PP#2.

His ice time dimished, but it wasn't until the last couple of PP's they used Hanifin.

 

BP must see something in Hamonic he likes, because I am frustrated with his play this season.

He's been fine of PK, only because he reads the play and gets in the way.

He's not really good at winning puck battles (retireving that is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyl-Brodie is a bad idea I think.  They both play a similar style, and are prone to the same types of errors.  They need steadier/safer players paired with them to cover for when things go south.  I agree they should try out Kyl-Hamonic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cross16 said:

 

would make sense to do it now, even just to test it here and there. I liked Hanifin-Andersson and honestly liked them more than Gio-Andersson as i've kind of soured on Gio-Andersson. I don't think long term that's the best Gio fit but I was encouraged by those 2 as a 2nd pairing moving forward. 

 

I think I read this somewhere that it was mentioned on Insider Trading that Flames and Brodie's rep have held talks and are not close. Between that and the fact they have shopped him I would agree he's likely gone. I also think the fact that Hamonic has been a staple on trade board lists the last 8-9 months and the fact that his reps have said no to talking that the Flames may be preparing for him to leave too. 

Funny Killy seems to be fine and has played better than the aforementioned most nights. Give him more reps, that is what I liked about Hartley, at least he knew mistakes cold and would be made. You learn from them and move on. Take Mags for example he was not in a situation to excel but with reps higher, he looks better each night. I watch these games and just cringe with the mistakes. What's frustrating is they can play very good hockey but only in short spurts, which is a recipe for disaster. This one of the best dcore in the league is yet to be seen. For me stick with Valimaki, Killy and Anderson. Let them grow. I far prefer to keep Hammer over Brodie. Hammer and Gio can just migrate down the pairings as they get older.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...