The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Devils @ Flames 7pm Nov 7

Flames starting to get the puck to bounce there way. Be a good time to run it up and really start feeling good 

Two guys I was wanting to get a closer look at with the Devils were Hall and Gusev, neither have been very impressive. Both are very lazy away from the puck. Not sure if it's just a bad game, I am guessing it's just the way Gusev plays based on being a healthy scratch a few times. 

I would steer clear of Gusev for sure, as a trade candidate.

I do wonder if NJ would move Vatanen, I think he is a player we could use, and is a pending UFA.

18 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

What a terrible shift by Hall. If that is a regular theme for him, I would have to pass on wanting to trade for him.

Hall is falling victim to trying to do too much for the devils. He’s battling the fan base as well with his recent comments, so he’s not playing like his usual self. Hall’s speed and finish would be a major asset if he can be acquired. Also, correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t he a Calgary kid who grew up cheering for the flames? 

Just now, lou44291 said:

Hall is falling victim to trying to do too much for the devils. He’s battling the fan base as well with his recent comments, so he’s not playing like his usual self. Hall’s speed and finish would be a major asset if he can be acquired. Also, correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t he a Calgary kid who grew up cheering for the flames? 

From what I have seen this game trying too hard isn't anywhere near the issue, its not trying hard enough. He has been really lazy away from the puck.

1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

Two guys I was wanting to get a closer look at with the Devils were Hall and Gusev, neither have been very impressive. Both are very lazy away from the puck. Not sure if it's just a bad game, I am guessing it's just the way Gusev plays based on being a healthy scratch a few times. 

I would steer clear of Gusev for sure, as a trade candidate.

I do wonder if NJ would move Vatanen, I think he is a player we could use, and is a pending UFA.

If we could do Brodie for Vatanen, I might be interested.

Same as Brodie though; UFA.

I think Vatanen's number might keep his re-sign $$ lower.

Hall was already lazy while he played in Edmonton. Yes, he can score goals but he never convinced me that he earned the 6 mil contract.

Hanifin has been showing us some real improvement to his game. I’m liking what we’re seeing out of him. 

1 minute ago, lou44291 said:

Yes he is a Cowtown boy but from what I heard talk around the town in oilerland he was a possible locker room problem

1 minute ago, A_Flame_in_Oiler_Land said:

Yes he is a Cowtown boy but from what I heard talk around the town in oilerland he was a possible locker room problem

I think a lot of that was started by the waterboy media to justify the trade after the fact.

They turfed him when they got McD and Eberle for not being a playoff killer (in the one season where they went there).

I thought we were bad here, but the Oiler fans and media throug you under the bus in less than two weeks.

Neal will soon have more minus than goals (as someone pointed out somehwere else), so he'll be a goat soon.