The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Devils @ Flames 7pm Nov 7

1 minute ago, A_Flame_in_Oiler_Land said:

Against the Avs T_D they got 6 in the 2nd

Yes,  was comparing Rinne tonight with Smith last year.

Remember the PITTS games where Smith let in like 5 or 6?

And we were outplaying PITTS.

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

If we could do Brodie for Vatanen, I might be interested.

Same as Brodie though; UFA.

I think Vatanen's number might keep his re-sign $$ lower.

Not sure if we match too well with Jersey for trades, but I think Vatanen fits what we are trying to do.

If he makes it to UFA, I think we should target him.

My personal take is that Hall was dealt a Satoshi Nakamoto hand going to a lowly Oilers team, and then he got shipped to the devils who aren’t exactly a team tearing it up in the East. I think he’s a bit sour and sucking out a bit. To not be a hypocrite, I might feel the same if I was in his shoes. 

His play away from the puck may not be great, but again, what are his talents, and how can we benefit from them? We don’t need a team of 200 foot players. We need a team that has strengths in every category, and the right players to play with them, to maximize it. Hall’s speed and shot are essentially weapons. He’s got 2 dimensions to his game whereas Neal had one. Wouldn’t it be nice for us to be able to counter McDavid’s speed with Hall’s a little bit in a battle of Alberta? 

4 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

My personal take is that Hall was dealt a Satoshi Nakamoto hand going to a lowly Oilers team, and then he got shipped to the devils who aren’t exactly a team tearing it up in the East. I think he’s a bit sour and sucking out a bit. To not be a hypocrite, I might feel the same if I was in his shoes. 

His play away from the puck my not be great, but again, what are his talents, and how can we benefit from them? We don’t need a team of 200 foot players. We need a team that has strengths in every category, and players to play with the, to maximize them. Hall’s speed and shot are essentially weapons. He’s got 2 dimensions to his game whereas Neal had one. Wouldn’t it be nice for us to be able to counter McDavid’s speed with Hall’s a little bit in a battle of Alberta? 

Your right Lou he was not given the opportunity to develop he was thrown in at the deep end and expected to be their saviour and it would lead to frustration not making the playoffs all those years

7 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

His play away from the puck my not be great, but again, what are his talents, and how can we benefit from them? We don’t need a team of 200 foot players. We need a team that has strengths in every category, and players to play with the, to maximize them. Hall’s speed and shot are essentially weapons. He’s got 2 dimensions to his game whereas Neal had one. Wouldn’t it be nice for us to be able to counter McDavid’s speed with Hall’s a little bit in a battle of Alberta? 

Not for how much money he is going to be looking for.

Hall reminds me Kessel, you can have success with him but he has to be more of a role player and not a leader on your team.

1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

Hall reminds me Kessel, you can have success with him but he has to be more of a role player and not a leader on your team.

If we are paying 9m, I want a game breaker.

Just now, travel_dude said:

If we are paying 9m, I want a game breaker.

$9m is on the low end of what he will get. 

Panarin just got $11.6m, I would expect Hall to be in the same stratosphere.

6 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Hall said something along the lines of he hasn’t played meaningful games or playoff hockey and that careers are short. I’d venture a guess that at this point in his career he’s more focused on competing for a cup over salary, and, being a Calgary boy, I’d also guess his salary would be a little flexible in order to fit.  

Might not be what his agent wants, but that’s my guess and 2 cents. 

2 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

$9m is on the low end of what he will get. 

Panarin just got $11.6m, I would expect Hall to be in the same stratosphere.

They aren;t the same player these days at all.

Not since his MVP year.

1 minute ago, lou44291 said:

Hall said something along the lines of he hasn’t played meaningful games or playoff hockey and that careers are short. I’d venture a guess that at this point in his career he’s more focused on competing for a cup over salary, and, being a Calgary boy, I’d also guess his salary would be a little flexible in order to fit.  

He hasn't lived in Calgary since he was 13, not sure that makes him a Calgary boy.

Money still matters at the end of the day and I can't see him take a $2-3m cut in pay to play here.

1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

He hasn't lived in Calgary since he was 13, not sure that makes him a Calgary boy.

Money still matters at the end of the day and I can't see him take a $2-3m cut in pay to play here.

Hypothetically if he did where would you play him on which line

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

They aren;t the same player these days at all.

Not since his MVP year.

Panarin got $11.6m after a career year of 87 points. Hall was injured last year but had 37 points in 33 games after coming off an MVP season and is on a point per game pace right now.

He will get $10+ on the open market.

1 minute ago, A_Flame_in_Oiler_Land said:

Hypothetically if he did where would you play him on which line

If we did sign him he would be playing LW on a line with Tkachuk playing RW.

Just now, JTech780 said:

Panarin got $11.6m after a career year of 87 points. Hall was injured last year but had 37 points in 33 games after coming off an MVP season and is on a point per game pace right now.

He will get $10+ on the open market.

JT you may very well be right. It’s logical, makes sense. I just say get him here at the TDL, let him taste playoffs, and see what happens thereafter. 

Just now, lou44291 said:

JT you may very well be right. It’s logical, makes sense. I just say get him here at the TDL, let him taste playoffs, and see what happens thereafter. 

That's fair, I am just not parting with a 1st or Valimaki to get him.

Just haven't been impressed with him this game, really lazy away from the puck and soft when he does have it.