The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
cfreining

Blues @ Flames 8pm Nov 9th

6 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

and a small reminder why national anthems are sung at sporting events, lest we forget. Shame on us if we only did it once a year.

That was something I had to get used, hen I lived in Calgary and attended Flames games.

In Germany it is not usual at national sporting events to start with the Antheme, because of the second world war.

I’m not sure what the message is to Gaudreau but it needs to change.I’ve never been more frustrated watching him then this year. Gotta stop doing everything himself and just skating the puck intro trouble. That’s rookie BS. 

I think Peters needs to consider something a little more drastic. Bench a shift or two or off the Pp for a time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cfreining said:

That was something I had to get used, hen I lived in Calgary and attended Flames games.

In Germany it is not usual at national sporting events to start with the Antheme, because of the second world war.

Further to this, at Oktoberfest in Munich, years ago, I asked a 3 generation German family why Ireland is littered with Germans. They said they all go to Ireland for the folk music tradition. Their traditional music is banned due to being used in Nazi nationalism propaganda.

5 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I’m not sure what the message is to Gaudreau but it needs to change.I’ve never been more frustrated watching him then this year. Gotta stop doing everything himself and just skating the puck intro trouble. That’s rookie BS. 

I think Peters needs to consider something a little more drastic. Bench a shift or two or off the Pp for a time. 

Yup. JG sees nothing, goes for a skate, still finds nothing, coughs up the puck. Someone punch him in the face, he's being way too arrogant imo.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cfreining said:

Thanks for sharing cfreining

We look okay.

Some terrible zone exits.

Brodie seems unwilling to touch the puck when he and another player are headed to the boards.

Doesn;t take the player, doesn;t take the puck.

Hamonic is crushing players but not much else.

Stone only has a shot, but if he can't hit the net what is the value?

Stone driving Rittich results in a stoppage when we had the puck.

The resulting faceoff results in a Flames penalty.

Can;t get out of our own way some nights

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Dump and chase doesn;t work against a well coached team

right now not much is really working against them. 

we are slaying with them but that’s about it. They’re really showing a very good team. They were supposed to be good last year, so it is reminiscent of when the kings won their first cup. The Blues look good. We just haven’t had many chances.

It’s been a pretty tight game but the Flames are the team looking like their just hanging in there. Blues have been the more assertive team, Flames getting some chances but nothing really threatening Binnington so far. Still only a 1 goal game but at this rate that might be enough for a Blues win

The Blues are a team that takes pride in their play. It shows offensively, and defensively. Every line really works as a 5 man unit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lou44291 said:

The Blues are a team that takes pride in their play. It shows offensively, and defensively. Every line really works as a 5 man unit. 

Agreed reminds me of the Kings under Sutter