The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
cfreining

Blues @ Flames 8pm Nov 9th

2 minutes ago, rickross said:

It’s been a pretty tight game but the Flames are the team looking like their just hanging in there. Blues have been the more assertive team, Flames getting some chances but nothing really threatening Binnington so far. Still only a 1 goal game but at this rate that might be enough for a Blues win

Was a one goal game.

So the idea was that Kylington needed more work and sent him to the AHL.

Meanwhile we have Stone and Brodie stinking up the joint some nights,

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Was a one goal game.

Oh it’s a wrap now, Flames will need their 3rd period heroics of old if they want to pull this off. 

Wow. All 3 St. Louis forwards backchecking on that 3 on 2. 

You know, it’s not hard to identify a team that’s trying to win vs a team that’s feeling out the game vs a team that expects to lose. 

1 minute ago, rickross said:

Oh it’s a wrap now, Flames will need their 3rd period heroics of old if they want to pull this off. 

All it takes is wearing down the Blues.

High tempo, not hitting them.

1 minute ago, cfreining said:

Too early for that

From what I’ve seen so far it’s looking like that! Potting 3 goals with a little over a period to go...against the defending Champs?...hope it happens but not looking likely tonight 

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

So the idea was that Kylington needed more work and sent him to the AHL.

Meanwhile we have Stone and Brodie stinking up the joint some nights,

I'd venture to say that it's mostly Brodie...He really can't play no matter who his partner is...Brodie is no longer NHL quality...Stone could be useful with another stay at home partner but we just don't have one. 

3 minutes ago, rickross said:

From what I’ve seen so far it’s looking like that! Potting 3 goals with a little over a period to go...against the defending Champs?...hope it happens but not looking likely tonight 

There have been chances and we have Tkachuk. There still is time for a push back and at least 2 goals in the third.

16 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

The Blues are a team that takes pride in their play. It shows offensively, and defensively. Every line really works as a 5 man unit. 

the Blues look like a team, and by the sounds of it everything you expect if you’re a contender/champion. I keep expecting more from the Flames, and I see why when we see a team play like the Blues.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cfreining said:

There have been chances and we have Tkachuk. There still is time for a push back and at least 2 goals in the third.

There have been a couple chances for sure it’s not like the Flames are being completely dominated however you can see the Blues are a better team, atleast so far tonight. There’s still time to knot things up it’s just this is not the team you want to be wait until the 3rd period before you decide to start playing. 

There have been a couple chances for sure it’s not like the Flames are being completely dominated however you can see the Blues are a better team, atleast so far tonight. There’s still time to knot things up it’s just this is not the team you want to be wait until the 3rd period before you decide to start playing. 

I think the quality of chances are heavily slanted in our end of the ice, but l agree, we aren’t getting completely outplayed. There just hadn’t been great chances by the Flames and Binnington looks poised, just having to rely on his mechanics. Our chances aren’t that dangerous.

• Like 1

The Blues are very much a team that plays a suffocating style.

Slows down the game.

We need to use speed.

Not really being dominated, but we are not handling the D-zone well.

We scramble around.

Chances to get it out, but not doing it well

29 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

The intermission crew was totally right ... Rittich is definitely fatigued... clowns 

Looks more like the intermission crew is fatigued...

I hope with the break and film review the flames can do a deep dive into this game. Watch what happens when a team buys in, execute the plan, and does the little things right. 

that’s the blues and that’s why they are up 2-0 right now. Flames are not playing poorly they are just not executing at the same level. Buy in is not the same. 

• Like 2