The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ Knights 5pm Nov 17

Whats there to say.. Can anyone put a pulse on this. The efforts are never there, can't even say its terrible luck. Open nets miss the net, odd man rushes every second shift by the opposition. We have been out scored 9-0 in two games. It appears the trend continues, 1 good year dog Satoshi Nakamoto the next. This club is too small to slow and can't play a heavy game. Our top line is being out scored by every other clubs 3rd line. This club is not good not good at all, totally mentally and physically soft from top to bottom

• Like 1

I wonder if it's worth trying, say, Tkachuk-Monahan-Bennett.

Like, an OHL line, 😲

Gotta get our hands dirty here. Need a line to play a hard game. Enough cute hockey already.

• Like 2

Just now, The_People1 said:

Where's the response?

I was wondering the same. Waited for someone to rock one of their’s.

Just now, robrob74 said:

I was wondering the same. Waited for someone to rock one of their’s.

Lucic skated away pretending he didn't see what happened.

5 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Lucic skated away pretending he didn't see what happened.

I saw Lucic yell at a guy on their bench.. that's all i saw tonight.. 

It’s geting bad, I’m starting to go into these games expecting to lose! I’m sure the players are feeling the same way. We are not a playoff team in any way shape or form.  

I like the Tkaxhuk Mony Bennett idea and just tried to build other lines.  What I find is that we just dont have guys who can play hard on the boards, hit hard and skate.  Its actually very difficult to build out lines because we just dont have tough skilled guys who can play along side snipers and play makers.  

We also have no big tough defensemen.  We really miss Ferland and Engelland

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Bonehead call to start Rittich last night and Talbot tonight.

I blame JS for that.

If your team doesn't score a goal, does it really matter who is nets.

I would have done it the other way as well though.

5 minutes ago, 89Again said:

I like the Tkaxhuk Mony Bennett idea and just tried to build other lines.  What I find is that we just dont have guys who can play hard on the boards, hit hard and skate.  Its actually very difficult to build out lines because we just dont have tough skilled guys who can play along side snipers and play makers.  

We also have no big tough defensemen.  We really miss Ferland and Engelland

I don't think it matters what lines we put together. Right now the effort level isn't there, they need to want the puck more than the other team and that isn't happening right now. Till that happens you can put any lines you want together and it won't work. 

Till the players want to put in the work the team has no chance.

20 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I don't think it matters what lines we put together. Right now the effort level isn't there, they need to want the puck more than the other team and that isn't happening right now. Till that happens you can put any lines you want together and it won't work. 

Till the players want to put in the work the team has no chance.

Still. We've NEVER put that line together. 3 generations of OHL players are going to know playing against a lot of players in jr to help each other out.

Why so dismissive? 4 lines of velvety softness is getting us nowhere.

9 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Still. We've NEVER put that line together. 3 generations of OHL players are going to know playing against a lot of players in jr to help each other out.

Why so dismissive? 4 lines of velvety softness is getting us nowhere.

Maybe we need to bring Lomberg up, he’s fast and tough