The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Avs @ Flames 7pm Nov 19

It’s almost tiring having to wait until the final 5 mins of the game for this team to start playing NHL hockey. Why wait until it’s too late to start caring enough to play your game? This trend of 3rd period surges is pure fodder...we are still not a very good hockey club right now 

• Like 1

I am almost glad that they didn't win that, if they win that game nothing would change. 

There is very little good to say about this team this season. They aren't engaged. 

I am just at a loss with this team.

• Like 1

So they can still play!  

Decent effort tonight.  Two great shots beat them.

Ryan and Mangi looking great

Lucic and Dube also looking good.

Thanks Zac, solid contribution, nice to have some extra grit.

Shillington actually caught McKinnon, impressive.

Johnny still taking a bit of a suck, we need someone with him who forces them to keep their heads up.  He’s struggling but will break out.

Ritter again solid.

Similar story. There is a lot to like and overall it was not a poorly played game. 

but again emotional engagement needs to come up and stars need to be better. Broken record but it’s that simple. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rickross said:

It’s almost tiring having to wait until the final 5 mins of the game for this team to start playing NHL hockey. Why wait until it’s too late to start caring enough to play your game? This trend of 3rd period surges is pure fodder...we are still not a very good hockey club right now 

see, I feel like this was last year too. We’d slow start, took teams by surprise by coming back a lot, like around 13 times last year, and that’s not including some of the games they probably ended up losing that way. 

the thing about hockey is that someone has gotta score first. It’s what you do after that first goal. 

but there were many times they started or finished a period flat. To me that’s not a sign of a good team.

i feel good teams dictate more often than not. 

9 hours ago, robrob74 said:

see, I feel like this was last year too. We’d slow start, took teams by surprise by coming back a lot, like around 13 times last year, and that’s not including some of the games they probably ended up losing that way. 

the thing about hockey is that someone has gotta score first. It’s what you do after that first goal. 

but there were many times they started or finished a period flat. To me that’s not a sign of a good team.

i feel good teams dictate more often than not. 

Last year the Flames were 36-4-1 when scoring first . For reference, the Lightning were 39-4-3. 

They also had 8 Wins when trailing after 2 periods. Again for reference, the Lightning had 9. 

We remember comebacks because they are exciting but they often blur our memories. The Flames did not rely on comebacks last season and no where near to the level they have this season. The Flames either held the lead or were tied going into the 3rd period 50 times last season. It's 9 times so far this season.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Last year the Flames were 36-4-1 when scoring first . For reference, the Lightning were 39-4-3. 

They also had 8 Wins when trailing after 2 periods. Again for reference, the Lightning had 9. 

We remember comebacks because they are exciting but they often blur our memories. The Flames did not rely on comebacks last season and no where near to the level they have this season. The Flames either held the lead or were tied going into the 3rd period 50 times last season. It's 9 times so far this season.....

We did have a lot of failed comebacks.

Also, we had a really good record when leading after 1st as well as 2nd periods.

We were almost unbeatable for most of the year in those siotuations.

This year we can't even get a lead, let alone hold it.