The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ Blues 6pm Nov 21

Sure, focus on just one player that made a mistake.

Tkachuk gives it away 20 feet from the net, and it results in a scoring chance.

Kylington was too soft on the puck at the blueline resulting in the scoring sequence.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Sure, focus on just one player that made a mistake.

Tkachuk gives it away 20 feet from the net, and it results in a scoring chance.

Kylington was too soft on the puck at the blueline resulting in the scoring sequence.

Gaudreau's giveaway at the Blueline resulted in that goal. It put Kylington in a bad spot. 

Tkachuk may have made a mistake, but his good plays far out way the negative. I don't think you can say the same about Gaudreau this year.

3rd and 4th lines were the best lines in the 1st. They put their work boots on and battled for pucks. 

Rinaldo had a pretty good 1st period.

I thought the 1st line had a good shift early and then they reverted back to their poor play.

St. Louis is going to come at you in waves and force you into mistakes, have to limit those mistakes.

24 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Gaudreau's giveaway at the Blueline resulted in that goal. It put Kylington in a bad spot. 

Tkachuk may have made a mistake, but his good plays far out way the negative. I don't think you can say the same about Gaudreau this year.

Rittich bailed the team out on a bunch of mistakes.

You focus on a nothing play where he was stripped of the puck.

Where was he supposed to go.

It was a lot less of a mistake than 3 others I saw.

EDIT - I am not defending JH, just saying he is not the only one making mistakes, nor was that the worst one tonight.

11 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Rittich bailed the team out on a bunch of mistakes.

You focus on a nothing play where he was stripped of the puck.

Where was he supposed to go.

It was a lot less of a mistake than 3 others I saw.

Except it wasn't a nothing play, he was at the Blueline, saw a defender coming, got scared and bailed on the puck. The puck has to at least get deep there.

Again Gaudreau has been mostly a negative on the ice 5v5 all season. Other players are making mistakes, but Gaudreau is making more mistakes than most.

1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

I am a Bill Peters supporter, but this drives me crazy.

Why is Frolik in the top 6 and Mangiapane on the 4th line?

Frolik has been the worst Flames forward to start the season, meanwhile Mangiapane scored last game and has played very well and he gets pushed down to the 4th line. It makes zero sense.

I don;t get it either.

Mangiapane was one of the best players over the last few games, yet he's playing 4th line.

There’s no urgency in our game.

PS> here’s your preview of Bennett-less flames team. 

Tough to tell if that was a bad pinch by Giordano, or if he was just caught coming off the bench on a change.

I’m sick of blaming the refs guys. We ain’t playing hockey. We’re standing still. We’re not creating anything. We’re not pushing hard. How do we expect to get a call when we’re not playing? We’re not forcing them to impede us. It’ll continue to be one sided until we decide we came to play. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lou44291 said:

I’m sick of blaming the refs guys. We ain’t playing hockey. We’re standing still. We’re not creating anything. We’re not pushing hard. How do we expect to get a call when we’re not playing? We’re not forcing them to impede us. It’ll continue to be one sided until we decide we came to play. 

It has nothing to do with the rest of the game.

A dirty hit is just that.

maybe we’re just trying to emulate the St. Louis blues of last season perfectly. aiming for last place by January 3rd, and then a cup will be ours in the summer. 

1 minute ago, lou44291 said:

I agree with you generally, but it does suck to get penalized and then scored upon under those circumstances. Rinaldo was supporting his player and it was not much of a fight.