The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ Pens 5pm Nov 25

A calendar year ago a confident Gaudreau scores on that breakaway. He is really fighting it and it showed with the game on the line.

Good to get a point. Win a game Wednesday and it’s a successful trip

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Too bad.... I think Rittich should have probably had that one. Tough... I guess it hit the stick. Got a point and they're an eastern team. 

Watched the 3rd, and we looked good.

And against the Pens in their barn, Eastern US.

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

Too Slow... He went in too slow.

Waaay to lackadaisical!...Gaudreau needs to get hungry for points again. 

1 minute ago, Cowtownguy said:

And against the Pens in their barn, Eastern US.

yup! They at least didn't give up the extra point to a Western Conference team who they're fighting for a spot. I'd prefer the win, but I guess a point is ok, considering the last few weeks have gone.

2 minutes ago, rickross said:

Even just a head fake. He's not really shifting his skating the way he can.

1 minute ago, rickross said:

Something is wrong with him.

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

Exactly, something is wrong there. Injury, personal problem?

Just now, robrob74 said:

Confidence must just be hurting right now. He’s not attacking with any sort of confidence. Backlund I expect to miss on game winners...Gaudreau is usually money in those situations 

I thought that was Calgary's best game in weeks, and it's not even close. Good compete level.

Man did we ever miss Brodie, he was very good tonight and made a huge difference.

I thought the top line still wasn't good enough, they need to be more impactful 5v5. Spent way too much time playing defense.

Dube was very good, he can be a difference maker with his speed.

Mangiapane is solidifying himself has a top 6 player every game. You can see the confidence growing between him and Dube and they are holding on to pucks and making things happen.

I think teams have found a weakness on Rittich, low glove side. I have seen get beat with that shot a few times now.

We are still gripping the sticks to tightly as a group, a lot of shots missing the net.

Even though we didn't win, we still played a lot better than the other night in Philadelphia. Still have a ways to go, but this was a good sign.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rickross said:

Confidence must just be hurting right now. He’s not attacking with any sort of confidence. Backlund I expect to miss on game winners...Gaudreau is usually money in those situations 

Agreed. I would refine what you have said above though and argue that it is not a lack of attacking per se as he did press in OT. He just cannot finish right now at all. Hopefully, one solid game will turn him around. If that does not happen soon, then Peters needs to get him a therapist.

26 minutes ago, rickross said:

Too much time to think.

He's an instinctive player, so you could see him running through his choices.

I'm more concerned about what happened to Lindholm.

He's getting shot too much from the perimeter.

I would be thinkng about Lindy at C with Gaudreau and Mangiapane.

Tkachuk with Monahan and Dube.

I have a hard time getting excited. Work ethics like this should be mandatory not commended. 

their execution, attention to detail is still not there. They are dumping in pucks, losing possession game not creating quality scoring chances

its just not good hockey to watch and it’s such a far cry from what they were doing last year. Seems to be coaching and it’s very disappointing. 

the last few weeks have really soured me on this season and this team. So apologize for the negativity,I’m just not seeing the short term positives right now. 

• Like 2