The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Sens @ Flames 5pm Nov 30

b015c08d5c66b056b0179f2491cd9887.png               VS       875fbcf763ef18f80a07fa44908d3685.png

Nov. 30th 5pm

9740e4f32aeea57785500b226d59e488.png       06251ff3dfde8184a91e29e80d90b32a.png       99e7e20a506c7f0e7cc4dde3aa117094.png

Home at the Dome

100ef926f6689cfb554d8f468e5a6a03.png

• Like 5

projected_top.jpg

e16f570ec96ab05b74370b8096a190c6.png

a28804abe8836a8032e95d67b751a6ea.png                                       2b239fa2b55edfe2984f1fbc368f0d78.png

GOALTENDERS

5d78b01cd90bf2f36a6b8effdea9d928.png

• Like 6

With last change, we need to exploit the 2nd and 3rd pairing.

Zaitsev is a tire fire at times.

Barnstorm is inexperienced.

Ligth them up.

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

It looks like Czar and Hammer are not playing tonigh.

Sounds like...

76feb7f822e75da2926abcac23aabb85.png

I know we have been scouting Ottawa a lot this season, and I assumed that we were scouting Pageau, but another name I wonder if we are interested in is Borowiecki. LHS D who plays a physical game. He isn't a great defenseman, but he would fill a role as a 3rd pairing guy.

Some great looking things so far. Looks like Ward is going to have them play faster, pressure up ice right away and more 2 man pressure. 

honestly outside the top line this was a great start. The top line so far has put the team on their heels every time they are on. 

2 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I know we have been scouting Ottawa a lot this season, and I assumed that we were scouting Pageau, but another name I wonder if we are interested in is Borowiecki. LHS D who plays a physical game. He isn't a great defenseman, but he would fill a role as a 3rd pairing guy.

I think it's just a case of regionally scouting.They're on the payroll, so be at games.

Obviously have to consider the opponent here, but those shifts there resembled last years team. 

This years version has really lacked zone time and pressure like that. 

5 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I think it's just a case of regionally scouting.They're on the payroll, so be at games.

Hey quit trying to ruin my fun. You are probably right. I think one of their scouts is based out of Ottawa.

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

Obviously have to consider the opponent here, but those shifts there resembled last years team. 

As the saying goes...........hard work beats skill when skill doesn't work hard.

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Some great looking things so far. Looks like Ward is going to have them play faster, pressure up ice right away and more 2 man pressure. 

honestly outside the top line this was a great start. The top line so far has put the team on their heels every time they are on. 

There was a lot of uncertainty there. Hopefully he can grab this by the horns.

Is he the guy that can adjust JG's little button hook that 30 teams have caught up with? I sure hope so.

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

This is the fastest I have seen this team play all season. They are finally moving their feet. Don't know if that coaching style, or tuning the coach out, but either way it is refreshing to see.

1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

Hey quit trying to ruin my fun. You are probably right. I think one of their scouts is based out of Ottawa.

hockeyblocker? lol

• Like 1

That Dube-Ryan-Lucic line is terrific, looks just as effective as the Mangiapane-Ryan-Hathaway line of last year.

Good to see Dube get another goal, he looks so much more confident this season than last 

Well unfortunately the whole “we are going to suck at 2nd periods” thing does not appear to be related to Peters...

Think they need to move JH to the Backlund Tkachuk line for a bit.

Mangaipane at least doesn't mess up as frequently.

There is almost zero chemistry these days,

The Flames “top line” has been almost a liability in this game. Almost every time they’ve gone out the puck has gone the other way. 

And this is against one of the worst teams in the league.....