The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Sign in to follow this  
cross16

Jakob Pelletier - 2019 1st round pick

Didn't' realize there was not a thread.

Pretty impressive post draft season so far for Pelletier.

Named Moncton's captain

up to 3rd in QMJHL scoring. On pace to add 30 points to his totals from last year

Today named to Team Canada's Selection camp for the World Juniors. Most expect him to make the team

I thought he was not quite ready in camp.

Give it another year and see where the kid is.

Next season he will still be too young for the AHL, but doesn't mean he's not ready for the NHL.

Unfortunately, he either plays NHL or is sent back to junior.

He looked decent in camp but yeah not quite there yet.

If he continues his pace though I think he gets a good long look next year.

It sucks that there's only the two options with him though, as there is a point where a player is just too good for the CHL and it's not developmentally beneficial to send them back.

14 hours ago, Sarasti said:

He looked decent in camp but yeah not quite there yet.

If he continues his pace though I think he gets a good long look next year.

It sucks that there's only the two options with him though, as there is a point where a player is just too good for the CHL and it's not developmentally beneficial to send them back.

I feel the rule should be the season directly after the draft and not two seasons. A player should be able to play AHL that year. Like Bennett Had his shoulder surgery , then played OHL, then here for playoffs. After that year he should have had the option to play in the NHL, AHL or OHL, make a clause that it burns a year if playing in the AHL. Te  as ms won’t want to burn a year if it’s for a borderline developing player. But standouts with nothing more to learn should get to go. 

they also have an exceptional rule that allows 15 year olds so they should have that rule for AHL. I don’t think a lot would be jumping from CHL, just the few who can’t learn or is detrimental to developing them by staying.

• Like 1

Pelletier is out.

Suffered a lower bidy injury and will miss camo and the tourney.

Too bad, would have been a great building block for him.

Before he got injured, he was almost at a 2.00 ppg pace.

Looking like he's slowed down a bit following the injury, which is kind of a bummer, considering he was having a great season.

Still love the player though.

Sign in to follow this