Jump to content
The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Sabres @ Flames 7pm Dec 5

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Hanifin with a poor play to give Buf some life, now time to hang on by the skin of our teeth

 

Well that was about as weak a call you could get.

Many more missed calls (none on the Flames were missed).

The GM needs to go off on the refs.

Just stupid how uneven this is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, 8-2 in PP’s for the Sabres. That says a lot. I was listening and I don’t know how many times they said they got away with one there. Then after 2-3 that they got away with no calls the Flames would get called. Is it being a fan that we don’t see the other side where the Flames get away with some?

 

i feel like there are double standards. The flames don’t get obvious calls and then the lightest call goes against them, then the sabres don’t get a call on the PP and then seconds later We get a penalty to go down two men? It’s just silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Wow, 8-2 in PP’s for the Sabres. That says a lot. I was listening and I don’t know how many times they said they got away with one there. Then after 2-3 that they got away with no calls the Flames would get called. Is it being a fan that we don’t see the other side where the Flames get away with some?

 

i feel like there are double standards. The flames don’t get obvious calls and then the lightest call goes against them, then the sabres don’t get a call on the PP and then seconds later We get a penalty to go down two men? It’s just silly.

 

What I don't get is the obvious hooks on JH when he's trying to make a play.

Two players alternating hooking him.

The other end of the ice, his stick is in the vicinity of a player's hand and immediately called.

A lot of times a player falls easily when he is leanng and there is a stick near him.

I;m ok with those as they are just reaction calls.

Backlund was careless on the PK with his stick.

Clipped the guy.

 

I saw two or three non calls that amazed me, as they were blatant picks or takedowns of a player that didn't touch the puck.

In the entire game I saw maybe one missed calls on the Flames.

A player tripped up a Sabre, but it was as much coincidental contact as anything.

I would not have complained if they called that.

 

Without Janko and crew, we would be losing every game due to PP goals against.

There is no logic to suggest the reason for all the calls one sided like that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

 

What I don't get is the obvious hooks on JH when he's trying to make a play.

Two players alternating hooking him.

The other end of the ice, his stick is in the vicinity of a player's hand and immediately called.

A lot of times a player falls easily when he is leanng and there is a stick near him.

I;m ok with those as they are just reaction calls.

Backlund was careless on the PK with his stick.

Clipped the guy.

 

I saw two or three non calls that amazed me, as they were blatant picks or takedowns of a player that didn't touch the puck.

In the entire game I saw maybe one missed calls on the Flames.

A player tripped up a Sabre, but it was as much coincidental contact as anything.

I would not have complained if they called that.

 

Without Janko and crew, we would be losing every game due to PP goals against.

There is no logic to suggest the reason for all the calls one sided like that.

 

 


 

but that’s what i mean, with that Backlund penalty they don’t call one that was supposed to be called and then Backlund gets his stick up and they gotta make it. But they call the Sabres for a penalty, which should’ve been called, Backlund does not get that penalty. We would’ve been 4v4.

 

 

i get not getting the calls when you’re not moving your feet. You make them make calls, but it sounded like a well rounded game for them. No reason calls should be so lopsided. 
 

I think our GM needs to discus with the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

 

What I don't get is the obvious hooks on JH when he's trying to make a play.

Two players alternating hooking him.

The other end of the ice, his stick is in the vicinity of a player's hand and immediately called.

A lot of times a player falls easily when he is leanng and there is a stick near him.

I;m ok with those as they are just reaction calls.

Backlund was careless on the PK with his stick.

Clipped the guy.

 

I saw two or three non calls that amazed me, as they were blatant picks or takedowns of a player that didn't touch the puck.

In the entire game I saw maybe one missed calls on the Flames.

A player tripped up a Sabre, but it was as much coincidental contact as anything.

I would not have complained if they called that.

 

Without Janko and crew, we would be losing every game due to PP goals against.

There is no logic to suggest the reason for all the calls one sided like that.

 

 

The calls were only 8-2 in favour of Buffalo. Satoshi Nakamoto, we can do that standing on our heads. If we're going to play that, let's pick up some fines. Make them real penalties.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

The calls were only 8-2 in favour of Buffalo. Satoshi Nakamoto, we can do that standing on our heads. If we're going to play that, let's pick up some fines. Make them real penalties.

 


 

no Satoshi Nakamoto!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, robrob74 said:


 

no Satoshi Nakamoto!!!

 

I have Rinaldo, Lucic and Bennett. I'm telling the refs, we're seek and destroy, every game, if you don't back the Blockchain off. We're playing for keeps. Kind of a nice battle cry. lol

Let's stop being bullied by the refs and bully everyone. We need that edge regardless.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I have Rinaldo, Lucic and Bennett. I'm telling the refs, we're seek and destroy, every game, if you don't back the Blockchain off. We're playing for keeps. Kind of a nice battle cry. lol

Let's stop being bullied by the refs and bully everyone. We need that edge regardless.

 

I'm sure that Erik F'er is going to try to stir up the Doubty thing today or tomorrow.

Sometimes I think the refs read too much press about teams and decide it's their job to bring a team back down.

When you are losing, I can see the refs think every defensive play is potentially a penalty, since you must suck to be losing.

I don't get the in spite of winning you are playing like you are behind ref version.

We dominated, plain and simple.

This was like a draft lotto for basement teams.

You''re trying so we will help you out.

Pure BS and BT needs to call them out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought last night's game was probably Gaudreau's best game of the season. I was a bit surprised when I saw that he only had 13 mins in ice time, but I guess with all the PK's last night it would have been hard to get him out there.

 

He looked dynamic out there for the first time all year and he was attacking the net more. Finally saw some flashes of the Johnny Hockey we all know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big takeaways for me was Flames looked fast and they cut down the turnovers. Kudos to the players for the later but give Ward credit for the former. Flames appear to be sticking to a more aggressive game plan under Ward and it’s allowing their team speed, which i always maintain is very good, to show up. 
 

very good 57 mins from what I say. Got a little lax at the end but that’s somewhat understandable. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very strong game for many players..

I heavily enjoyed this game.

 

Lucic, Gaudreau, Monahan, and Kylington really stood out to me.

 

That hustle from Kylington after his stick broke may have saved a potential goal and was really indicative of the "give a Satoshi Nakamoto" attitude I saw from our boys in this one. 

 

Good stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...