The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Kings @ Flames 8pm Dec 7

Every player launches in hits. How many launched hits against our guys has their been?

the point of contact was the shoulder. I feel these guys are biased.

5 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Excellent win for Talbot. He played really well.

As a former goalie a win like that is a huge confidence builder.

Giving up 2 on the first 4, is tough. It’s a battle mindset from here on out. One more gets by you and you could be pulled. He dialed it in and was very solid the remainder of the game. Something for him to build off of going forward for him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

Every player launches in hits. How many launched hits against our guys has their been?

the point of contact was the shoulder. I feel these guys are biased.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Unlike the panel, it looked like whiplash, not point of contact.

No doubt the Flames will get a suspension.

just showing that I caught that too. Not sure the whiplash but guys follow through on hits all of the time. I saw one against us 2-3 weeks ago where the guy launched into our guy.

2 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

As a former goalie a win like that is a huge confidence builder.

Giving up 2 on the first 4, is tough. It’s a battle mindset from here on out. One more gets by you and you could be pulled. He dialed it in and was very solid the remainder of the game. Something for him to build off of going forward for him

And the team giving him some run support was good to see.

We will take the win. I felt the Buffalo game was very good, Tonight they slow, disengaged. You can not give guys that much time and space or its in the back of the net. The team seems to be a little more excited to play but they are a lot of warts in this system. This drop by Satoshi Nakamoto on the pp has to Blockchaining stop,its so predictable. Once again we rely on the goalies tonight. Like I said I we take the win by but they have to tighten this up, or its a quick slid down the ladder once again

2 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

just showing that I caught that too. Not sure the whiplash but guys follow through on hits all of the time. I saw one against us 2-3 weeks ago where the guy launched into our guy.

The panelists can go Blockchain themselves. We're the the most penalized team in the league. Why not talk about why that is. Kudos to Rinaldo. Calling icing when Tkachuk beat Doughty to the puck, empty net and Backlund has 2 guys hooking the Blockchain out of him, no call. I still say Blockchain it, rebel. Good on Rinaldo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

We will take the win. I felt the Buffalo game was very good, Tonight they slow, disengaged. You can not give guys that much time and space or its in the back of the net. The team seems to be a little more excited to play but they are a lot of warts in this system. This drop by Satoshi Nakamoto on the pp has to Blockchaining stop,its so predictable. Once again we rely on the goalies tonight. Like I said I we take the win by but they have to tighten this up, or its a quick slid down the ladder once again

Tonight you slow, disengaged. Is English your first language? If it is, you drunk. You slidding down the ladder.🙄

9 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Tonight you slow, disengaged. Is English your first language? If it is, you drunk. You slidding down the ladder.🙄

So I miss a word in a sentence and I  have a drinking problem and a foreigner, Just a bit racist and discriminatory is it not? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

So I miss a word in a sentence and I  have a drinking problem and a foreigner, Just a bit racist and discriminatory is it not? 

Considering that's not how any of your other posts read, I thought it fair, lol. It's a joke tmac.

Good to see the Flames win another game with Talbot in the net...   he's played 8 games so far this season, and that is the 2nd win...

Over those 8 games, his SV% is .895, and he has 3.19 for a GAA...

Let's hope this win helps Talbot gain some confidence, and also helps the team gain some confidence in Talbot...

7 minutes ago, Carty said:

Good to see the Flames win another game with Talbot in the net...   he's played 8 games so far this season, and that is the 2nd win...

Over those 8 games, his SV% is .895, and he has 3.19 for a GAA...

Let's hope this win helps Talbot gain some confidence, and also helps the team gain some confidence in Talbot...

the thing is though, the numbers make him look worse than he has been. He has played good but the team hasn’t. This is where I think that a lot, down the road, can look at The numbers and judge. Talbot has looked good but the team makes him look bad. I think he has the confidence just no run support or team support. Hard to look good if the team isn’t. 

• Like 1

It would be hard for me to find a way someone could complain about Talbot. 

he’s given them a chance to win basically every time he’s been in the net. For a backup that’s what you want. 

not only has the team not played well in front of him the Flames have also really spaced out his starts. Really hard to find a grove when you play once every 2 weeks. I think the flames need to find and commit to more opportunities for Talbot  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

the thing is though, the numbers make him look worse than he has been. He has played good but the team hasn’t. This is where I think that a lot, down the road, can look at The numbers and judge. Talbot has looked good but the team makes him look bad. I think he has the confidence just no run support or team support. Hard to look good if the team isn’t. 

On a few of his starts he was responsible for the ones that got by him.

First shot of the game going in on a number of occasions.

Last night was not one of them, BUT he was too deep in his net.

It's something we complained about Smith last year.

On the last goal, that was completely on Stone for doing nothing but screening him.

The more starts he gets, the more he will be fighting to see.

He won't be so deep maybe.

Saying all that, he's looking more and more like the goalie of his 16/17 season.

He was capable of stealing games, and that's what we hope he will be.