The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ Avs 7pm Dec 9

b015c08d5c66b056b0179f2491cd9887.png              VS      805165cb85a4105bb932d1d79c8abe36.png

Dec. 9th 7pm

9740e4f32aeea57785500b226d59e488.png            15f0df911aed0335d7c295d312815bb3.png

PEPSI CENTER

3234fdc9e95aa907551d11acd4c03c78.png

• Like 9

projected_top.jpg

***LINES COULD CHANGE***

145f21f7ad5eba23e1d5ac73aa144ecd.png

1e526e324fd55b9a380758a4fb2790a7.png                                        489a7ac581aceb50d6c9fc23ad5e604c.png

GOALTENDERS

2912134a52a944404f1beea01b9c8e14.png

• Like 7

I think it's time to break his other jaw. This could easily be JG or Dube. Both Lucic and Rinaldo should be in his face tonight. He's too dangerous not to. He's predatory.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cross16 said:

No Makar for the Avs' tonight. He's day to day. Big help for the Flames

I'm also happy that we don't face Gru and Kadri is out of the lineup as well.

23 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Kotkaniemi with a concussion.

And can someone explain to me how this was different from Matheson on Petterson last year? My biggest worry is what will that predatory pos do tonight. I'd take a Rinaldo suspension to keep him in check. Zadorov likes to hit to injure, we should injure him first.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

And can someone explain to me how this was different from Matheson on Petterson last year? My biggest worry is what will that predatory pos do tonight. I'd take a Rinaldo suspension to keep him in check. Zadorov likes to hit to injure, we should injure him first.

Looks like Rinaldo is out, and Jankowski is in...

Why?...   For Janko's offensive prowess?...   Most games this season he has looked like he might as well be taking a nap...

Not a good decision for tonight...

We seriously need to put this guy out. Throw the puck towards him, blaze in and aim for his head. The rest of the teams will love us. Dude is Ulf Samuelsson. He likes to target, he needs to be targeted.

1 minute ago, Carty said:

Why?...   For Janko's offensive prowess?...   Most games this season he has looked like he might as well be taking a nap...

Satoshi Nakamoto

Maybe Ward needs to watch the hit on Czarnik. Over and over...and the dirty pos Satoshi Nakamoto won't fight anyone his size. So, with Lucic playing really well, it'll be up to him? Blockchain Ward, wake up. We'll see I guess. He likes to target smaller players. And the League isn't dealing with him. Rinaldo would've been perfect.

Zadorov is a little out of Rinaldo's weight class, not saying Rinaldo wouldn't fight him though. That being said if we want to retaliate with a dirty hit of our own on one their key players Rinaldo would be the guy to do it.

7 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Zadorov is a little out of Rinaldo's weight class, not saying Rinaldo wouldn't fight him though. That being said if we want to retaliate with a dirty hit of our own on one their key players Rinaldo would be the guy to do it.

Preventative maintenance I'd call it. Not retaliatory. Get after him. Zadorov wouldn't fight him. Dude's a coward. Wouldn't fight Lucic. He refuses to answer the bell for the Satoshi Nakamoto he pulls. Which is typically lethal hits on guys half his size. He needs the Domi-on-Samuelsson treatment imho. Rinaldo would've been perfect. Break his other jaw. How the NHL sees the Kotkeniemi hit as clean is laughable. When Matheson's head drop on Pettersson was suspendable. Matheson isn't a dirty player, Zadorov totally is. Zadorov loves to extinguish players in vulnerable positions.

43 minutes ago, Carty said:

I think Jankowski goes in for his PK ability. While he leaves a lot to be desired 5v5, he is very effective on the PK. The Kings went 2 for 3 on the PP on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I think Jankowski goes in for his PK ability. While he leaves a lot to be desired 5v5, he is very effective on the PK. The Kings went 2 for 3 on the PP on Saturday.

Hear ya, but I think the benefit of having Rinaldo on the ice as a counter-strike for Zadorov outweighs any upside that Janko might bring for tonight's game...

There's that, and the fact that Janko deserves some time on the bench for what I see as an overall lack of effort on his part...

I hear you on having guys who can handle themselves out there for Zadorov but also saw some huge gaps in Ronaldo’s D work last game.  I am going to give Ward the benefit of the doubt in this one as he seems to have their tempo up.  Looks decent so far.

Anyone That Has Been to Hockey Games lately Know if your allowed to Get Autographs from the player...

It use to be down by were they leave the building at one time but they have changed it so many times that i have lost count

15 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

Anyone That Has Been to Hockey Games lately Know if your allowed to Get Autographs from the player...

It use to be down by were they leave the building at one time but they have changed it so many times that i have lost count

Are you going with the Flames on this road trip?

I doubt you will see them at the Dome tonight.

:) 

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Maybe Ward needs to watch the hit on Czarnik. Over and over...and the dirty pos Satoshi Nakamoto won't fight anyone his size. So, with Lucic playing really well, it'll be up to him? Blockchain Ward, wake up. We'll see I guess. He likes to target smaller players. And the League isn't dealing with him. Rinaldo would've been perfect.

I think there's a spot just above the heel.

Timely little hack.

Sack of potatoes after that.

Only thing to do to a dirtly player is play dirty.