The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ Yotes 7pm Dec 10

Great game for Talbot. Used his last game as a building block which is good to see. Hopefully they get him in there more . Need both to be a threat this season.

Lucic, Rinaldo, Rieder are all playing well lately. It’s good to see the depth players stepping up, over the course of 82 games you need all hands on deck

You' would think the Yotes wouldn't blast that damn coyote horn when they are losing that badly...

Oilers going to lose.

Down 6-3 late.

Big 4 point game for us and the Canes help us with the Soilers.

Laffs need to stay up on the Nucks.

2 minutes ago, A_Flame_in_Oiler_Land said:

Lol Hamilton scored from the half way line on the oil

How did Kassian get a misconduct in the penalty box?

Certainly wasn’t the cleanest game. One trade off with the higher pressure Ward has them playing with I do find they are giving up more. 

mind you quantity is higher but I think quality against has still been good. 

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

Certainly wasn’t the cleanest game. One trade off with the higher pressure Ward has them playing with I do find they are giving up more. 

mind you quantity is higher but I think quality against has still been good. 

The defense is a little slow at times, so it does mean some trouble getting back.

Stone wasn't bad, but I did find he caused some defensive zone time.

Hamonic had another pass on the tape in the D-zone, to a Yotes player.

Ras has an annoying habit of turning with the puck into traffic on the boards.

Gio and Brodie pretty much error free.

21 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Where are all the Debbie Downers?

LOL! They are waiting for nightfall to come again, like Gecko’s. They wait, and wait, then they pop out when ever they get a chance.

1 hour ago, CheersMan said:

LOL! They are waiting for nightfall to come again, like Gecko’s. They wait, and wait, then they pop out when ever they get a chance.

I just haven’t had time to watch. And when I get a chance to listen Loubardias and Wills chat more than they do play by play so it’s hard to get a read on how they’re playing other than what they’re chatting about. 

last night I turned it off because they were busy explaining how they saw someone in midget or something and then the Flames scored. Or they were talking about someone’s year right in the middle of the play and then oh, the flames scored goal number two. I had to shut it off after that. 

nothing worse than hearing pucks hit sticks while play is going on in the background. 

by the sounds of it, the team is doing good and goaltending is still giving us good starts.

But I sure miss Peter Maher! He knew how to do play by play! 

these guys talk about lovey feelings and how great it was to see players since they were 12. 
just a “name drop” sort of thing or, “I've liked this band before anyone else even knew about them”

Rant over. 

good game and good win!!! 

the new looks are interesting. I’ve been advocating for change and a bit of a different mix. It’s nice to see that they’re trying knew things.

For me, hockey is a visual thing, so I give you props for trying to listen to games.

Loubo used to do Flames broadcasts on TV with Simmer, and they were really bad.

As you say, name drops.

"Product of Kindersley SK".

"Doink" when the puck hits the iron.

Argggg.

Can't watch junior when he does a game.

Watching this team can be frustrating too.

As good as they are playing, they are a step below what I would like to see.

Should be dominating, but they are letting teams have their way in the D zone.

AT times.

I don't think we have found the perfect lineup yet.

Rinaldo is good for a spark.

Dube has been amazing; showing incredible IQ out there.

Kylington has improved so much over last year.

Frolik is finding his game.

Janko helps solidify the PK.

Looch is finishing plays like he did 3 years ago, but he's also busting his tail on plays.

Gaudreau is a sparkplug; he's being used all over the place and ads to whatever line he plays on.

Monahan found his shot.

Rieder showing great speed and awareness.

Just a little concerned about how they manage guys coming off injuries.

There is nobody on the roster that should be sent down.

Flip of the coin whether Bennett and Czarnik are going to be better than anyone.

They should find out, but only if there is a move that makes sense.

Just because Dube and Kylington don;t need waivers, it should not be the reason to go there.

The thing is, before the NHL came out with their streaming App, I had to listen into games all the time, so I appreciated how Maher did his thing because it really explained what was happening. I could actually visualize the play in my head. With these guys, I can’t really. With Maher I would be with them skating  out the zone and up the ice, know how they broke out and went up the ice, which side and at speed. 

I hear ya! The team sounds promising! I am a, I like try hard kind of players kind of guy. At least Lucic has been trying in comparison to Neal. 

Plus the team is on a good run! I guess if they haven’t hit the stride you’re looking for then there’s reason for optimism. 

I am hoping Lindholm and Tkachuk can get it going. It’s the duo I was hoping would get a shot. The hardest thing has been that the team hasn’t run on all cylinders before the Peters debacle. That’s mostly what I ever was concerned about, getting the whole team going. Having only the need of Shutting one line down makes life easy on opponents. 

it seems like a decent mix now. I’ve liked what Dube has brought. I think the A has done him well. I thought it would be one more year, but it ended up needing only a few more months. I am with you, who do you move out?

i would like to see them try Bennett back at C. I know you’ve been opposed to it. It could be where we gain more value from him in a future trade if we can get him going in that spot. Although, he could be primed to take over for Ryan. I think Bennett’s try hard takes over too much and kills his IQ. I think he has the IQ, just the effort he puts in makes him over do things and he has to make up for the bumbles he does because of it... 

I am just babbling now. But it’s a tough choice! I wanna see the top 2 lines get going now as I see 2 lines are. The 4th is chipping in perfectly now too. I’ve liked Rinaldo, I hope he can keep it up. 

they were talking about how he motivates guys on the bench because he is so obnoxiously positive and pushing guys hard. He has been the right kind of vocal right now.