The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Habs @ Flames 7pm Dec 19

b015c08d5c66b056b0179f2491cd9887.png                VS      09945a65909114150686427abe0e5f66.png

Dec. 19th 7pm

9740e4f32aeea57785500b226d59e488.png              99e7e20a506c7f0e7cc4dde3aa117094.png

Home at the Dome

100ef926f6689cfb554d8f468e5a6a03.png

1574478c1e1021c1843cf2011bf3de49.png

• Like 6

projected_top.jpg

***LINES COULD CHANGE***

2589e3e6e52a733dd281f5d6cabdcdf1.png

1e526e324fd55b9a380758a4fb2790a7.png                                       da21ed586b367a70176905852942ca43.png

GOALTENDERS

024ca1ff2a2e4c46490ceb923ab1da74.png

• Like 6

Lines from practice yesterday...   and it looks like the Flames will be wearing their Heritage Classic retro white jerseys for tonight's game...

Steinberg often gets a line backwards...   Dube will be on the RW, and Backlund on LW...

6ebccd42422bc2c2351da0d9316d4acb.png

fc6b5147723ae25a3a144be10498f595.png

dfb7850c3b8398528a0c604435426de8.png

I get that it's a cap numbers game, but waiving/demoting Czarnik to play in the AHL, and sending Rinaldo to the AHL until he clears or is claimed.....

Well, that sounds like a slap in the face.

Regardless, the Flames need to go into Christmas break strong.

Take the next three.

MTL (home) and Dallas (away) and Minny (away).

Want to pass EDM before we play them on the 27th.

Jour de match! 

Let's go Flames!

Price was very good against Vancouver. Going to have to get in his eyes tonight.

Looking forward to watching my first one in awhile as I'm finally not working through it. Hoping for a win!

If it was me I would go with Bennett-Jankowski-Rieder as the 4th line. I haven't been really impressed with Frolik this year, he is taking a lot of penalties and he hasn't been doing a lot else. I think Jankowski is struggling offensively, but he is an elite penalty killer and is good in the faceoff dot. At the end of the day its a small thing not worth getting upset over, but a change I would make.

I really don't like that they went back to the Gaudreau-Monahan-Backlund line. Hopefully they bounce back or it's a really short leash tonight. 

Be nice to have another great start but actually convert. Need to find a way to win this game and avoid a bit losing streak which could affect the momentum they've got. 

Love how Dube took charge and covered down low after Monahan was slow getting back in the play, he even threw a couple of mean cross checks while battling for the puck.

The problem was that after Dube covered down low, Monahan looked lost in the defensive zone and had no idea where he was supposed to be.

I didn't think Dube would be able to play center in the NHL because of his size, but his speed and battle level more than make up for his size. I think he will be the 2nd line center in a year or two.

Nice! We need this PP to get clicking! Like the switch up of the lines again, as it really keeps giving us a new look. 2nd period tho...been our weakest period, let’s keep the pressure on!

7 hours ago, cross16 said:

I really don't like that they went back to the Gaudreau-Monahan-Backlund line. Hopefully they bounce back or it's a really short leash tonight. 

Be nice to have another great start but actually convert. Need to find a way to win this game and avoid a bit losing streak which could affect the momentum they've got. 

I think they went back to previous stuff.

Dube with Backs and Monahan.

Personally, except for the Domi defensive zone play, Backlund isn;t able to add to the relentless pursuit that Mony and Dube have.

Gaudreau with Ryan is just okay.

Lucic can be a possession monster, but Ryan is just smart.

Would like to see a monor tweak.

Maybe swap Mange with Johnny.

I liked the better looking PP.

Lots of down low play.

Gio is just there right now.

Almost gave it away in the D-zone.

20 minutes ago, A_Flame_in_Oiler_Land said:

Looks like the refs have left there whistles in the dressing room

That benefits the Flames more than MTL.

Gives them more rope to hang themselves.

We ended up with a PP because they got called on no more of a penalty than other missed ones.

Overall, I am happy with the officials, except for allowing that time out after the icing.

Dan O is usually slanted against the Flames.

Tonight he is not calling anything on us so far, not that we have anything obvious to call.

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Oh, and More Cowbell.

Minimum 4.

Cow Bell.

Cow Bell.

Cow Bell.

Cow Bell.

Image result for more cowbell gif

I think the cowbell is a jinx this year, we will have to see how this game ends.