The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Habs @ Flames 7pm Dec 19

How does a puck hit the ref in the skate in an almost icing call??? They don’t jump out of the way like they used to.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

This should be an easy Flames victory, but they gave up the 2nd period.

Flames struggling to close out games. Those 2nd period are killers for us, they either force us to play from behind in the 3rd or have us unnecessarily going to OT of late 

Going into the next game here are the lines I would go with.

Tkachuk-Lindholm-Mangiapane

They are creating a ton of chances.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Dube

Gaudreau and Monahan have somewhat found their mojo, Dube has been one of the best forwards over the last few games, and they could use his speed and puck pursuit.

Bennett-Backlund-Frolik

Lucic-Ryan-Rieder

2 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Going into the next game here are the lines I would go with.

Tkachuk-Lindholm-Mangiapane

They are creating a ton of chances.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Dube

Gaudreau and Monahan have somewhat found their mojo, Dube has been one of the best forwards over the last few games, and they could use his speed and puck pursuit.

Bennett-Backlund-Frolik

Lucic-Ryan-Rieder

I would adjust that with Janko in and Bennett and Backlund on the wings.

Not a great game for Ritter.

He needs to make saves on 3/4 of the goals.

Jesus! Satoshi Nakamototy!

Blockchaining Lindholm with the crap effort. Then the other way, probably a shot Rittich needed to have.

Flames didn’t deserve 1 pt let alone 2. They played this game like it was their last one before the break. Just sloppy and lazy all night. 

Very bad trend in their game right now they needs to be corrected. This was a frustrating home stand. Lots of problems right now. 

3 game losing streak. Next up is Dallas who we struggle against. Going to need to see some lines solidify and keep these shots down. 

Gaudreau and Monahan weren't very good tonight, lots of fly-bys, they need to be better.

Mangiapane, Dube, Lucic and Rieder have been the best forwards of late. They are solid players but they can't be the best forwards on your team for a stretch of 5 games.

• Like 1

Some poor coaching decisions in this.

Worse execution by the players.

Perhaps they should be giving Talbot games where we have a chance at scoring.

Rittich has been just so so recently.

2nd game where he gave up 4.in a row 

Other than starting on time now we are back to where the Flames were weeks ago 

Johnny/Mony being invisible and defensive liabilities. 
poor puck management

slow 2nd periods 

Scoring issues because not burying chances. 

Yes their aggressive play has them creating more but they are giving up more too and now when their effort drops and mistakes get made they get magnified. Really dangerous trend to be on here 

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

Yes their aggressive play has them creating more but they are giving up more too and now when their effort drops and mistakes get made they get magnified. Really dangerous trend to be on here

It seems reckless.

5 guys all in, nobody looking back.

I don;t mind activating the D, as long as someone recognizes it.

The Hanifin blunder was completely unnecessary.

Liked the way Kylngton activated on the goal.

I'm okay with the PK, but wonder why Hamonic is out there with Gio.

And the Flames are 0-1-1 with Janko out.

Just an observation.

Have to put this one on poor goaltending. can safelty say this club is very much paper talented. Gio has regressed huge this year, our top line is a liability. The problem still runs deep with this club, never a 60 minute effort has not been for years. I like Ward but safe to state Peters was not the issue, this club just has poor wrk ethic, games are getting harder to watch 

3 hours ago, tmac70 said:

Have to put this one on poor goaltending. can safelty say this club is very much paper talented. Gio has regressed huge this year, our top line is a liability. The problem still runs deep with this club, never a 60 minute effort has not been for years. I like Ward but safe to state Peters was not the issue, this club just has poor wrk ethic, games are getting harder to watch 

I get they had good metrics most of last year, but I found their games to be too much how you described it here. What worried me is how the Flames would fair when other teams tried. they know how dangerous the Flames can be  if they let up. I guess that’s today’s NHL and parity.