The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
cfreining

Flames @ Oilers 7PM Dec 27th

57 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Left before the snow.

Lucky you.

4 SN channels, plus SN1 and SN360.

The only game available here was BOS, covered by the NESN clowns.

Every stupid channel had it.

TSN is as bad.

Only available if you live in the SENS, Leafs, or Jets regions.

Get any scallops?

Fish and chips?

Donair?

Ummm, donair. 

Scallops and particularly Halibut overload. I kinda bought a whole Halibut and someone had to eat it. lol I'm only a donair person if I make it. England taught me that. lol And only chicken or lamb. I don't like the meat mash gut bombs.

One meat is all you need. lol Chicken or lamb. The rest isn't Mediterrainean for me.

2 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Scallops and particularly Halibut overload. I kinda bought a whole Halibut and someone had to eat it. lol I'm only a donair person if I make it. England taught me that. lol And only chicken or lamb. I don't like the meat mash gut bombs.

One meat is all you need. lol Chicken or lamb. The rest isn't Mediterrainean for me.

Well, I can safely say the only good donair I have had in this country is in NS.

Lettuce on a donair?

Is that an Alberta thing?

Sheesh.

I actually prefer Donair subs or donair pizza.

Awesome if you get a good one.

Funny, but the donair was originally a Greek thing here, made with lamb, then the Lebanese started making it with hamburg.

Greek Fest has a big lamb feed in the summer.

Lots of dishes.

Moose-kaka.

Lamb.

Donairs.

When we start calling these records what they are and call an OTL a loss like they should be, these are .500 winning percentage teams. Parity scarity.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

When we start calling these records what they are and call an OTL a loss like they should be, these are .500 winning percentage teams. Parity scarity.

I agree. Hate the loser point. Colorado misses the playoffs last season and Arizona is in if they weren’t rewarded for being “better” at losing than Arizona, it was the same story when Toronto got into the playoffs when Matthews was a rookie they had a bunch of OTL. My argument has always been why reward losing in the regular season? You don’t get .5 of a win for a playoff OT loss lol.

As a baseball fan it bothers me even more seeing hockey reward losing. A ball team can spend 7hrs at the ballpark, play an 18 inning game and lose and walk away with nothing but an L. There’s no reward for losing and I love it 

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I am picturing you eating a halibut that's over 6 feet long and about 3-4 feet wide. I used to work in a fish plant in Prince Rupert and seeing those things coming off the boats, HUGE> 

That's a good appetite! :P 

44 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I agree. Hate the loser point. Colorado misses the playoffs last season and Arizona is in if they weren’t rewarded for being “better” at losing than Arizona, it was the same story when Toronto got into the playoffs when Matthews was a rookie they had a bunch of OTL. My argument has always been why reward losing in the regular season? You don’t get .5 of a win for a playoff OT loss lol.

As a baseball fan it bothers me even more seeing hockey reward losing. A ball team can spend 7hrs at the ballpark, play an 18 inning game and lose and walk away with nothing but an L. There’s no reward for losing and I love it 

I think you end up with teams trying for the win a bit more? Quite possibly. I say bring back the tie if the "how long a game is" matters. 

9 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

There should be no reward for not winning either which a tie is not winning.  How about going the NFL direction and getting rid of points and basing it off of winning % and throwing in ties again.

Either way NHL is in a no-win situation, shouldn't award losses, skills competitions shouldn't decide games, who wants ties, and can't play sudden death throughout the regular season.  

I would prefer that they play till someone wins.

With the schedule makers that has become difficult.

I also wish they get rid of the All Star and bye week breaks.

You have teams sitting for 3 days and then the next week they have B2B's.

And one team (EDM) always seems to play teams that have played the night before.

Solid win but most enjoyable that its against EDM. Not sure whether we played great or EDM was that bad, but I take it. I thought it was a solid effort, not sure what is up with Benny but he has regressed terribly. The only other let down for me was Lucic, it was like he was not engaged physically. I remember last year he was a wrecking ball against us this game he was a Double Spend cat. 

46 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Solid win but most enjoyable that its against EDM. Not sure whether we played great or EDM was that bad, but I take it. I thought it was a solid effort, not sure what is up with Benny but he has regressed terribly. The only other let down for me was Lucic, it was like he was not engaged physically. I remember last year he was a wrecking ball against us this game he was a Double Spend cat. 

EDM was bad, but we were 100% on the game.

We never let them in.

Couple of shifts you could say we faded a bit, but that is expected.

Lucic was good in what he did, just was nothing like the relentless Lindy line or the dogged pursuit of our best forecheckers.

The best thing is the fans on twitter and ON losing their collective Satoshi Nakamoto.

Maybe they are realizing that winning against teams when they are struggling or on a B2B is not the same as competing.

They are folding as soon as they get down a couple.

3-1 and they are done.

They only can come back if they get 5 PP or more.  

another unsung hero from this game that I think deserves some kudos, Sam Bennett. Believe he played the most minutes against McDavid at 5 on 5 of the team and basically blanked him.  Several times Bennett was all over him and really suffocated him in both the neutral zone and o zone. Was impressive stuff. 

22 hours ago, travel_dude said:

EDM was bad, but we were 100% on the game.

We never let them in.

Couple of shifts you could say we faded a bit, but that is expected.

Lucic was good in what he did, just was nothing like the relentless Lindy line or the dogged pursuit of our best forecheckers.

The best thing is the fans on twitter and ON losing their collective Satoshi Nakamoto.

Maybe they are realizing that winning against teams when they are struggling or on a B2B is not the same as competing.

They are folding as soon as they get down a couple.

3-1 and they are done.

They only can come back if they get 5 PP or more.  

I read an article on SN yesterday that made me chuckle.

Basically they were ripping on the Oilers effort lately and even went so far as to imply that outside of McDavid/Draisaitl the Oil are not an NHL caliber team capable of winning consistently.

Quality reading material, that.

2 hours ago, cross16 said:

another unsung hero from this game that I think deserves some kudos, Sam Bennett. Believed be played the most minutes against McDavid at 5 on 5 of the team and basically blanked him.  Several times Bennett was all over him and really suffocated him in both the neutral zone and o zone. Was impressive stuff. 

Bennett had McDavid frustrated, a few times you could see it on his face after the play...   Bennett did a nice job containing him...

34 minutes ago, Carty said:

Bennett had McDavid frustrated, a few times you could see it on his face after the play...   Bennett did a nice job containing him...

Bennett plays some of his best hockey against McD.

I wish there were more reasons to play him.