The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Nucks @ Flames 7:30pm Dec 29

b015c08d5c66b056b0179f2491cd9887.png               VS     19d3564587bcdfe9198c4071d073736a.png

ef0690c3ed5ef7d30361f0151bd20a75.png

Dec. 29th 7:30pm

9740e4f32aeea57785500b226d59e488.png          0e5da2aadef2013519036d4d5558680b.png

d7cc1b99b6f2504ee4a4c1b05f8a9a50.png   99e7e20a506c7f0e7cc4dde3aa117094.png   

Home at the Dome

100ef926f6689cfb554d8f468e5a6a03.png

• Like 8
  • Angry 1

projected_top.jpg

***LINES COULD CHANGE***

c937c45fb940cf9c7d92737775dcc820.png

b5d43039a311366486ce44b6d172c621.png                                       4dc3b12a8c567b163ee73f3919a41b43.png

GOALTENDERS

e251cb310001f1849da187f2a64c7c73.png

• Like 6

I like the Xeno-Orca. That's clever.

Have to stay out of the box tonight as the Canucks PP is very effective.

Vancouver also played last night so we need to come out flying like the Oilers game on Friday.

Beating both the Canucks and Oilers in the same weekend would be hella sweet.

GFG!!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sarasti said:

I like the Xeno-Orca. That's clever.

Thanks...   :)   I was going for the creature from Alien...   :lol:

Sitting Bennett after he had a great game against the Oilers is maddening. 

flames have to clear this log jam. Such a waste of talent not letting these young guys get any type of consistency. 

19 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Hear ya...   The way he played last game, I am surprised he got rewarded by being scratched...   Bennett would have been useful tonight against some of the Nucks speedy talent, and a couple of their thugs as well...   It's an odd decision by Wardo...

15 minutes ago, Carty said:

Hear ya...   The way he played last game, I am surprised he got rewarded by being scratched...   Bennett would have been useful tonight against some of the Nucks speedy talent, and a couple of their thugs as well...   It's an odd decision by Wardo...

I think it's a decision based on PK ability.

Janko is not going to light up the scoreboard, but he takes few penalties and kills them pretty well.

10 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Janko is not going to light up the scoreboard, but he takes few penalties and kills them pretty well.

Could look at it that way, but then again Janko is at -11, Frolik -10, Reider -7, and Bennett is +2...   Sometimes I think Janko is overrated, even at PK...   Either way, after last game I still would have still had Bennett on the ice and scratched Frolik instead, or maybe even Reider...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Carty said:

Could look at it that way, but then again Janko is at -11, Frolik -10, Reider -7, and Bennett is +2...   Sometimes I think Janko is overrated, even at PK...   Either way, after last game I still would have still had Bennett on the ice and scratched Frolik instead, or maybe even Reider...

Minus 11, while Hanifin is like minus 18.

If you play more minutes on PK, you rarely get to subtract from the minuses.

Last game Frolik was good on the PK and sprung Backs.

Perhaps the big view of the game suggests that Bennett is not playing well with the puck.

I don't know if its the right decision or not.

Bennett has had a tough time coming back onto a squad that was unbeaten in 7.

He's not the reason we lost, but he has to make a statement to stay in.

Was last game enough?

ANyways, Wardo is scratching players after they score goals.

His lineup choices have more to do (sometimes) with matching a player skill to a team.

5 hours ago, travel_dude said:

ANyways, Wardo is scratching players after they score goals.

and I am scratching my head wondering WTF is he thinking when he does that...

It seems like sometimes the philosophy is earned and never given...

So far I still like what Wardo has been doing better than how Peters had been coaching going back to towards the end of last season...   But I do not like everything that Ward has been doing either...   That said, I think that over this season there is still a good chance that Ward can learn on the fly, and become the kind of coach the Flames need, hopefully sooner rather than later...

7 hours ago, cross16 said:

flames have to clear this log jam. Such a waste of talent not letting these young guys get any type of consistency. 

7 hours ago, Carty said:

6 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Listening to the Fan960 pre-game, they're saying of the whole team in a game where the coaches liked the team effort, but the coaches were not happy with the way Bennett played. I guess the 1 goal that McDavid scored was a failed effort for  Bennett? Or maybe they expect more when shutting down the best offensive player in the world?

4 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Listening to the Fan960 pre-game, they're saying of the whole team in a game where the coaches liked the team effort, but the coaches were not happy with the way Bennett played. I guess the 1 goal that McDavid scored was a failed effort for  Bennett? Or maybe they expect more when shutting down the best offensive player in the world?

I think the coaches, like the fans, hope for a little more offense from Bennett.

Maybe I missed it, but I only saw a few rushes by the 4th line where he was involved.

Kylington's penalty was actually a missed call on Bennett.

He's going to have to take back the spot from Dube or become a trusted C.

ANy chance these SN bozos decide to actually cover the game?

6 SN channels, 2 or more actually saying coverage starts at 7:30MDT, and none showing it.