The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Nucks @ Flames 7:30pm Dec 29

They should try sitting Backlund.  Moving him out of centre worked, why not try all the way out??  Prove me wrong

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lou44291 said:

Killer instinct! Let’s go! 

I wish! Flames haven’t been able to string together any combos...let alone an Ultra combo for these nucks

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

The downside to that is that a lot of goalies are one shot guys.

Unless you hit pads, a lot just catch and freeze it.

yup it is a matter of knowing where to shoot it 

2 minutes ago, rickross said:

You sure sound impressed tho! It’s a shame to lose to a divisional rival on home ice, Nucks outplayed the hell out of us tonight 

nah. Structure has been good but as a team Nothing, or no one I guess, really jumps out at you. 

1 minute ago, 89Again said:

They should try sitting Backlund.  Moving him out of centre worked, why not try all the way out??  Prove me wrong

Been over Backs for awhile now, we’d be smart to consider trading him sooner than later. Ppl always praise how good of a shutdown player he is and he plays against top lines blah blah...make him a defenceman then!

The Anderson goal should have given them some jump in the 3rd. They were starting to change the flow of the game but a slow start, couple missed opportunities and they’ve been acting frustrated every since. 

they certainly don’t have the confidence of last years group that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

Flames are done if they can’t string together some solid win streaks throughout the 2nd half of the season. 1 won and lose 1 isn’t gonna cut it moving forward. 

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

The Flames did a good job of warming Demko up tonight.

I’m not sure he’s quite warmed up yet. Be surprised if he’s broken a sweat. We’ll see in the after game interview. 

4 minutes ago, rickross said:

Flames are done if they can’t string together some solid win streaks throughout the 2nd half of the season. 1 won and lose 1 isn’t gonna cut it moving forward. 

Overreact much?

This is actually surprising and is some way, good news. 9 pts feels like a lot but when you consider how the season has gone?