The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ Wild 5pm Jan 5

Wow...   How dumb was that call...   :lol:

I'll take it though...   :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

They covered their Hash Rate by calling the slash instead.

Absolutely they did, they had to get creative in a hurry...   But we all know they let slashes a lot worse than that one go all the time...

Imressive to see Janko grab Greenway in that scrum...

Good news is we got out of the second without conceding bad news is we didn't score I'm thinking the boy's  and the fathers hit the town big time last night and we haven't woken up yet

4 minutes ago, A_Flame_in_Oiler_Land said:

Good news is we got out of the second without conceding bad news is we didn't score I'm thinking the boy's  and the fathers hit the town big time last night and we haven't woken up yet

There was a couple of times when I was watching the play in the D-zone when I had to wonder if maybe it was the fathers playing...   

I hate to get on goalie coaches, since ours seems to do nothing.

But...

Rittich has been so so the last few games and he continues to get the starts.

Sit him out and let Talbot get the games.

If the team can;t win with Talbot's mostly good play, they don;t deserve to win.

It's not like TO where the backups were trash to start the season (and up to recently).

3rd period Unmentionable Bovine apparatus required.

This club reminds me so much of how GG coached. They look slow back off and are always out of sync. To top it all off Rittich can not stop a beach ball. We are struggling in every area, just like in the GG days neutral zone turnovers and offensive turnovers are a premium. If we are not deeply entrenched in a playoff spot, BT best sell off every UFA we have. There is not a trade deadline   pick up that is going to change this. For me the only players we keep are Mony, Lindholm, Chucky, mags, Dube, Gio ,Lindholm, Anderson and Valimaki. I would also keep JG if and ONLY IF we can get a player that can drive the play like him, if not see ya.

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

I think it was similar last year. Sure we had the puck more by the end of the game, but they started slow almost every game. It took them, usually, the first half of the 1st or whole 1st to get going. They played well in spurts last year but took advantage of the chances they got and got rewarded. This year they don’t look as good and aren’t getting rewarded when they do. 

They never really get a chance to implement their game plan, other than the games against Dallas and Edmonton, the Flames haven’t been able to dictate  games this year, they only dominate the final mins of the 3rd because they’re trying to comeback.